The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis Ocracoke Island holiday home is an artistic expression blending architectural beauty with its natural canal front surroundings. Reflecting the owners' artistic talents this gallery style home with cathedral ceilings showcases a unique decor attentive to the selective vacationer. Unwind and stargaze from the sky outdoor space.
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: First floor Master Bedroom with King and private bath. Second floor has 1 bedroom with Queen, 1 with two Doubles.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 satellite TVs and Blu-ray DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone with domestic long distance service. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers *private boat dockage, bulkhead, screened porch, lookout outdoor space, decks, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 3 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
*Boat dockage at this unit is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our affable staff will contact you.
What's New for 2020: No Hot Tub.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with King bed and Master Bath with tub/shower. Half Bath. Laundry room.
Second Floor: Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV. Bedroom with two Double beds. Hallway bath with shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many tourism bureaus will send you promotional guide books with special offers for lodging, restaurants and activities. Search for these magazines and discount books, since this allows vacationers to experience those fantastic activities at a frequently significantly discounted.
- Want to avoid the crowds of people and reduce costs? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer incredible rates on weekly rental properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get cost savings. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a markdown.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular groups of visitors. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals appeal to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to music venues. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most looking forward to.
- Think about getting trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed resulting from medical emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
First-timers tend to be surprised at the range and variety of weekly rental properties available in the Ocracoke area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners mainly because they manage the promotion and operations..
Here are some tips and tactics to help you understand the vacation home search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the right rental:
Do you believe "Art-Sea: Architectural beauty, private boat dock." is the perfect rental for your next getaway? Read through this guide to make sure it fits your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke rentals start booking very early. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation home..
Select a Community and Time
Sometimes, the toughest portion of planning your trip is choosing where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, everything else becomes simpler.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Actually Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Spend?
Check to make sure "Art-Sea: Architectural beauty, private boat dock." satisfies your price range *during your desired week*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to reserving a costly rental home. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Necessities"
What property features is your group looking for? Are you looking for a rental home with outdoor dining area? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or close to shopping? Are mattress sheets included with the rental contract, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Occasionally the older generation has problems with stairs. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, include that into your search. Almost all rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Remember to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies differ. A number of limitations may eliminate a prospective rental home. Be sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
Once the location, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple sources to get the best vacation home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Aside from offering distinctive rental properties, local agencies offer you excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of comparable homes that fit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. Negotiating rates is more effective during the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit vacant.
Study the Total Contract
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your price includes all taxes and fees.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you relief should catastrophe strike.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Don't forget to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest saving the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damages immediately after you arrive. Contact the rental manager immediately to report your findings. This may protect against disputes during checkout.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a trip considerably more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best places for night life?
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Nearly all rental web sites seek feedback after your stay is complete. Rental owners and rental managers will thank you for positive critiques. If anything was unsatisfactory and they didn't correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the vacation rental wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Does everyone want to return next year? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation rental. If the rental wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.6 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.6 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.6 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.6 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.6 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.6 miles