The Outer Banks offers plenty of opportunities for a healthy, family fun vacation. Visitors can spread out over more than 100 miles of pristine shoreline. For Summer 2020, local restaurants and eateries are providing abundant take-out and delivery options. Also, there’s no risk of boredom with our list of social-distancing compatible activities! It’s no wonder that vacationers are turning to the Outer Banks for a fun, relaxing, and safe vacation during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Here are our picks for outdoor attractions, parks and activities where it’s easy to maintain social distancing guidelines while having 100% of the fun.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWithin straighforward walking distance to the coffee shop and more. Sunset on Trent includes a reverse floor plan with three bedrooms on the lower level. Cozy and well supplied, this home feels like home. Several decks and furbished porches offer inviting spaces to lounge, entertain friends and family or relish al fresco dining. The huge kitchen can comfortably accommodate multiple cooks. Or, make inviting an art form in front of one of the enormous TVs.
On the second floor, the open living area includes a entirely supplied kitchen with breakfast bar. The living and dining areas are enhanced with cathedral ceilings that add to the comfortable and casual mood. Sliding glass doors lead to an open outdoor space and further to the screened porch. The first floor includes the master bedroom private bath with shower and private covered outdoor space. A lower level hallway bathroom offers a tub/shower. A second outdoor space is located at the rear entryway.
Three bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: 1 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with two Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs with DVD player, including a 50 inch Intelligent TV with Surround Sound in Living Area and a 40 inch Intelligent TV in Master Bedroom. A third TV with No Cable Service in the twin bedroom is available for use with Nintendo 64. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play. High chair.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a screened porch and decks, outdoor space swing, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Modest fenced area for dogs. Covered parking.
Pet Amicable - Dogs Only. No Smoking.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD, and Master Bathroom with shower. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with two Twin beds. Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Half Bath.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send printed travel guide books with special deals for rental properties, dining and tours. Be on the lookout for these publications and discount books, because this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same wonderful activities with a quite often considerable discounted.
- Just want to avoid the packed areas and cut costs? The off-peak shoulder seasons can offer fantastic rates on daily rental accommodations.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some management companies provide discounts to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some rental homes are practically catered to particular travelers, whether it's soundside units with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private boat launching areas. If there's a certain Ocracoke atteaction which you just love, keep an eye out for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners often offer their customers an opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed due to health-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated motel stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to learn just how many rental properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an suitable retreat to accommodate their Ocracoke crew, from relaxed condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and knowledge to provide hassle-free operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most newcomers will be delighted to find that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
Searching for and booking the best rental:
Before you book "Sunset On Trent: Pet Friendly, comfortable, several inviting decks.", review our short checklist of things to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking very early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months prior to your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental..
Find your Area and Choose Dates
Agreement can often be difficult between members of the family, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
Confirm who is going, and how many/what sort of bedroom configuration you'll need. Be aware that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Have a Spending Limit
Does the preferred rental home suit your budget during that choice Summer week? If multiple groups or family members are sharing the cost, make sure that each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most of the time, just one member of the group will be liable for making the full reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your group looking for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Do you want a rental home with open-air lounge? Will the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or near night life? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property rate? Build a list of priority features to facilitate narrow your search.
Appropriate accessibility could make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of rental postings include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the group visiting with a four-legged friend? Dog policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and breeds could be limited. Study your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Many internet resources exist to match guests with rental home owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Apart from having exceptional properties, local companies offer you top-notch service..
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an extra night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Go Through The Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular charge, vacationers have to pay state taxes when booking "Sunset On Trent: Pet Friendly, comfortable, several inviting decks.", as well as any other additional fees which might be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Good job on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your observations.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents most likely live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Clean up a lttle bit. Even when you're paying a cleaning fee, The property should be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks filled with dishes, excessive sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be addressed before you leave.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for renters to give reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your praise. If something was unsatisfactory and they didn't correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point in your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Did they like the vacation rental? With some luck everything turned out to be fantastic and you're happy to re-book the same rental home for your next vacation. Otherwise, you've gained useful rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles