- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyArabella's Summer Cottage offers a convenient bicycle ride or walk to village activities, stores, galleries and eateries. Stroll to the close by coffee shop to relax and watch the world go by. Located in a peaceful residential area, This home is just right for a family holiday. The front screen porch offers substantial seating and a dining table.
3 Bedrooms: 2 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with Pyramid Bed (double on bottom and twin on top). Baths are shared (one with tub/shower, one with shower).
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, 1 cable TV with DVD in living area. Kitchen offers a breakfast bar and microwave. Stackable washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a screened porch, outdoor space and hot/cold outdoor shower.
No Dishwasher. No Telephone. No Internet Access.
No Smoking. Pet Helpful. Limit 3 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed, Non Cable TV with DVD player, and Semi-Private Bath with shower. Bedroom with Queen bed and Bedroom with a Pyramid Bed (double on bottom and twin on top) which share a Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Room with stackable washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most tourism bureaus will send you promotional guides with savings for vacation rental management companies, restaurants and tours. These guides provide a good start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you can vacation? Shoulder seasons special offer terrific deals.
- Several management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran members of the Armed forces, or returning travelers to the same rental home. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discounted price.
- Is there a specific activity that you are most looking forward to ? If there's a specific Ocracoke activity that you love, look for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners generally offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed due to medical emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be shocked to find out just how many rental properties are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to find a property that fits their expectations and budget.
Virtually all vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
We have put together a brief guide to help you get the most out of your rental property experience.
Where to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Before you decide to book "Arabella's Summer Cottage: Pet friendly, near shops and restaurants.", examine our brief checklist of considerations.
Search Early and Frequently
Ocracoke rental homes start booking early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for families to plan their Summer family trips..
Decide on a Town and Time
Consensus can be tough among loved ones, but the moment this tricky part is complete everything will start to slide in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
Establish who is traveling, and just how many/what type of bedroom configuration you will need. Remember that that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. If not, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Make a Spending Limit
Does your preferred rental home fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure each party knows their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. One individual in your company will need to be responsible for getting contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is your group trying to find? Is a pool mandatory?Are you looking for a rental property with outdoor kitchen? Do you want to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental property fee? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Optimal accessibility could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. Almost all vacation home postings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at many vacation rentals, but guidelines can vary. Type of animal, size and breeds may be limited. Make certain you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Start the Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. In addition to offering distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide you with excellent service..
When you have found your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an additional night. This is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Read the Entire Agreement
You should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage right after you arrive. If you find property damage, or if fixes are needed contact the property manager without delay. If there is a difference of opinion about legal liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be useful.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every room of the rental to make certain you've collected all possessions.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for property damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation? Many rental management company websites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but completely honest in regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will try hard to rectify the problem.
Learn from your Stay
How did they feel about the rental choice? Ideally everything turned out to be perfect and you are all set to reserve the property for next year. Maybe the rental home wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to refine your search for the next trip.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.4 miles