- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyArabella's Summer Cottage offers a convenient bicycle ride or walk to village activities, stores, galleries and eateries. Stroll to the close by coffee shop to relax and watch the world go by. Located in a peaceful residential area, This home is ideal for a family holiday. The front screen porch offers big seating and a dining table.
3 Bedrooms: 2 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with Pyramid Bed (double on bottom and twin on top). Baths are shared (one with tub/shower, one with shower).
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, 1 cable TV with DVD in living area. Kitchen offers a breakfast bar and microwave. Stackable washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a screened porch, outdoor space and hot/cold outdoor shower.
No Dishwasher. No Telephone. No Internet Access.
No Smoking. Pet Affable. Limit 3 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed, Non Cable TV with DVD player, and Semi-Private Bath with shower. Bedroom with Queen bed and Bedroom with a Pyramid Bed (double on bottom and twin on top) which share a Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Room with stackable washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send you printed tourism guides with special packages for vacation rentals, restaurants and tours. Be on the lookout for these publications and promotional books, as this allows travelers to enjoy those fantastic activities with a typically significantly discounted.
- Prefer to stay away from the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum fees.
- A number of management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or repeat vacation goers of the same property. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some rental homes are essentially designed to serve specific travelers, whether it's downtown units with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own boat launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and interesting attractions you are most excited about.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers travellers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a consequence of health related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas.
General Rental property Information
Some people are shocked to discover how many vacation rentals can be found in Ocracoke. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Nearly all rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are critical in helping vacationers with making reservations, checking-in, housekeeping, as well as routine maintenance problems that may occur.
We've developed a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Where to find and reserve a great vacation home:
Do you think "Arabella's Summer Cottage: Pet friendly, near shops and restaurants." is the best rental for your next vacation? Read through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke vacation homes start booking early. To guarantee the greatest selection of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for groups to plan their Summer escapes..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Ocracoke you want to visit, and the approximate trip dates.
Decide on a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Most rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Will the chosen vacation property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If many groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, ensure each party understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. Generally, one person in the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and collecting each person's contribution.
Vacation home Features
What property features is the family searching for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Does the property need to be beach front, in town, or close to night life? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property rate? Make a list of prioritized "needs and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Special Factors to consider
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. Nearly all rental home listings include a list of amenities.
Don't forget to include your companion! Even though quite a few vacation homes permit canine companions, rules and charges fluctuate per rental. Many limitations might eliminate a prospective vacation property. You'll want to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Start your Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local rental management companies pride themselves on a top-quality rental experience.
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. Your easiest opportunity for a lower rate is changing to an off-season week.
Study the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard rate, guests will need to pay local taxes when renting "Arabella's Summer Cottage: Pet friendly, near shops and restaurants.", along with any other additional fees which might be required based upon their situation, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Good luck on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the property. If you discover wear and tear, or if repairs are required get in touch with the home manager right away.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Often, neighboring households are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a visit a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the property to verify no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Most vacation rental management companies and rental search sites allow travellers to give reviews. If the property and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but sincere with regards to stay. The best owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your family. How did they like the property? Maybe everything was ideal and you are happy to re-book the same rental for your next vacation. Otherwise, you've acquired valuable rental search experience that can help with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles