For families travelling to the beach, or fishermen carrying tackle/coolers, a beach cart can be the best purchase of your vacation. These carts feature extra-wide wheels to move across soft sand, even when loaded. Carts are often built for specific scenarios, so think about the gear you’d be putting on your cart before making a decision.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyAdore this famed Ocracoke Island holiday home located on a canal in Oyster Creek with private boat docking. Unwind on the sizable waterfront screened porch. Relish convenient direct access to Pamlico Sound.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Each bedroom has a Queen bed. Loft Sleeping Area with 4 Twins. Two full baths, one with tub/shower and one with shower only.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and Blu-Ray DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers private boat dockage, bulkhead, a screened porch, 2 decks, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Welcoming - Dogs Only. Limit of 3 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open living, dining and kitchen. Two bedrooms, each with a Queen bed, TV. Full bath with tub/shower. Laundry room.
Second Floor: Loft bedroom with four Twin beds. Bath with shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Many management companies and rental houses provide Ocracoke area promotional travel guides which feature money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the local store itself. Keep an eye out for these publications and discount books, because this allows visitors to take advantage of those wonderful activities with a considerable discounted.
- Can you adjust your vacation week? Shoulder seasons offer terrific deals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few vacation rental companies provide special discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some vacation rentals are basically catered to specific guests, whether it is soundside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed resulting from health related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be pleasantly surprised to find out just how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available makes it possible to find an ideal getaway to fit their Ocracoke family, from restful condos to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in helping travellers with reserving, check-in, housekeeping services, and any routine maintenance problems that may occur.
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental home experience.
Finding and booking the perfect rental home:
Do you think "August & Everything After: Dog friendly, canalfront, private dock." is the best rental home for your next vacation? Read through this check list to ensure it fits all of your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Ocracoke rental properties are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Consensus can be tough between family, but the moment this complicated part is complete everything will begin to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are joining your vacation? Remember that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. If not, speak to the property owner before you book.
Determine Your Budget
Does your chosen rental suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking an expensive rental property. Most rental documents require a single person to be liable for the full reservation.
What amenities is the group looking for? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Does the home have bikes and beach toys available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "necessities and wishes" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate property.
Do certain members of your crew have special needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, factor that into your search. The majority of property postings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the crew traveling with a pup? Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but guidelines differ. Many restrictions may possibly eliminate a prospective rental home. Examine your contract thoroughly! Fees may apply when pets are added.
Searching the Internet
After the area, time and guests are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a superior rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the rental home has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company may know of very similar homes that better suit your preferences and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read the Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Rental home management companies and rental owners commonly offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you relief should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Get Contact Information
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congratulations on reserving your rental! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To make sure no damages are attributed to your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Contact the property manager immediately to report your observations. This may prevent disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, condo access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Frequently, surrounding homes are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of recommendations.
- Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check each space of the rental home to ensure that you've collected all valuables.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your rental home and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but honest in regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try hard to correct the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Did they enjoy their vacation? Ideally everything ended up being fantastic and you're happy to re-book the property for next season. If not, you have gained valuable experience that can help with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles