The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyAdore this famed Ocracoke Island holiday home located on a canal in Oyster Creek with private boat docking. Unwind on the huge waterfront screened porch. Savor convenient direct access to Pamlico Sound.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Each bedroom has a Queen bed. Loft Sleeping Area with 4 Twins. Two full baths, one with tub/shower and one with shower only.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and Blu-Ray DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers private boat dockage, bulkhead, a screened porch, 2 decks, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Amicable - Dogs Only. Limit of 3 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open living, dining and kitchen. Two bedrooms, each with a Queen bed, TV. Full bath with tub/shower. Laundry room.
Second Floor: Loft bedroom with four Twin beds. Bath with shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Many property managers and vacation rental houses provide Ocracoke area printed travel catalogs which include deals, either offered independently by merchants, or utilizing a partnership between the property management company and the vendor itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Are the vacation dates changeable? The off-peak seasons frequently offer incredible rates on weekly rentals.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or repeat guests of the same property. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular groups of travellers. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to nightlife. If there's a certain Ocracoke activity that you love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed resulting from medical emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
Many people are shocked to discover the number of vacation rentals are offered in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with making reservations, checking-in, cleaning, and any routine service problems that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental homes, however many newcomers will be delighted to discover that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you know where to look.
How to find and reserve the right vacation home:
Before you start to book "August & Everything After: Dog friendly, canalfront, private dock.", examine our short list of things to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke rental properties book many months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Many families decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Start by picking which specific area of Ocracoke you would like to browse, and the choose travel dates.
Just How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of rental properties are marketed with a price range. Confirm the cost for your desired trip. It might be at the high end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company well before booking a costly rental. Usually, just one person in the group will be liable for making the full reservation and collecting each family member's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is your group interested in? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, downtown, or close to shopping? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home charge? Gather a list of "necessities and wishes" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Commonly the older generation has problems with stairs. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Remember to include your companion! Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental homes, but policies differ. Many restrictions might eliminate a prospective rental. Make certain to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
A number of websites exist to match guests with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental management companies. In addition to offering distinctive properties, local agencies provide exceptional service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation home has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the home management company might know of comparable properties that better fit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit vacant.
Read the Contract
Read through the complete contract and make sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
If you want to Cancel
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
Once you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation home! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To make sure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also suggest promptly calling the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any necessary fixes. This may protect against conflicts during checkout.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call helps prevent many complications.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Residents will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a trip considerably more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. If it is possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most property management companies and rental search sites make it easy for customers to give reviews. If the property and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but completely honest in regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will work hard to fix the situation.
Did everyone have a blast? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic rental home. Maybe the rental wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to refine your search next time.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles