- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyAdore this outstanding Ocracoke Island holiday home located on a canal in Oyster Creek with private boat docking. Unwind on the generous waterfront screened porch. Savor convenient direct access to Pamlico Sound.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Each bedroom has a Queen bed. Loft Sleeping Area with 4 Twins. Two full baths, one with tub/shower and one with shower only.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and Blu-Ray DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers private boat dockage, bulkhead, a screened porch, 2 decks, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Amiable - Dogs Only. Limit of 3 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open living, dining and kitchen. Two bedrooms, each with a Queen bed, TV. Full bath with tub/shower. Laundry room.
Second Floor: Loft bedroom with four Twin beds. Bath with shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many rental managers and vacation houses provide Ocracoke area travel catalogs which include deals, either offered independently by merchants, or by a partnership between the property manager and the local store itself. Search for these books and promotional books, because this allows vacation goers to take advantage of the same fantastic attractions with a possibly substantial discounted.
- Desire to steer clear of the crowds and lower your expenses? Off-peak times offer sizeable markdowns.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discount.
- Some rental properties are basically designed to serve specific travelers, whether it is beachfront homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a specific Ocracoke activity you simply love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners typically offer their guests the option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed due to medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are surprised to discover just how many rental homes are located in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, clients are certain to discover a rental home that suits their wishes and budget.
The majority of vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in helping families with booking, check-in, house cleaning services, and any maintenance issues that may arise.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a few tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental homes, however many novices will be happy to learn that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
Where to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Before you book "August & Everything After: Dog friendly, canalfront, private dock.", review our brief checklist of factors to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke rental homes start booking very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is recommended, when possible. Many families plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Start by determining which specific area of Ocracoke you prefer to explore, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is traveling, and how many/what type of bedroom configuration you will need. Try to remember that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your group. Most rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Have a Budget
Check to make sure "August & Everything After: Dog friendly, canalfront, private dock." fits your budget *during your desired dates*. If multiple individuals or families are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Typically, one person in the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and collecting each person's share.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family looking for? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Does the unit have bicycles and body boards available throughout your stay? Gather a list of "necessities and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Do individual people in your crew have specific needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, factor that into your search. Almost all vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Do not forget to include your companion! Pet guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. Many constraints could dismiss a potential rental. Be sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when animals are included.
Its Time to Search
Many websites exist to match vacationers with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies frequently have a unique collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the rental has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the home management company may know of similar properties that fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. Your greatest chance of a lower rate is shifting to a less desirable week.
Go Through The Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular fee, vacationers will need to pay state taxes when renting "August & Everything After: Dog friendly, canalfront, private dock.", as well as any other fees that may be mandatory based upon their situation, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides reassurance should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
Once you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your vacation home! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage as soon as you arrive. If you discover problems, or if fixes are required get in touch with the property manager straight away. If there is a dispute about legal liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts could be very helpful.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents most likely live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a visit much more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental? Many rental home sites ask for reviews after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing recommendations. If anything was wrong and they did not fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you will want to note that in your feedback.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. Did they love their vacation? If everything was amazing, next year's family vacation planning will be quick. If the rental home wasn't ideal, and you'll better know how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.5 miles