Many newcomers to the Outer Banks who are browsing the local restaurants, shops and area attractions online or in the local guide books notice an interesting addition to the standard address. Besides the typical business name, street name, street number and town, many local businesses also include a Milepost number. This may initially appear to be an odd notation to include, but on the Outer Banks, this is incredibly helpful to new visitors on the lookout for a specific restaurant or shop.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyRecently refreshed, "Teach's Treasure' offers a reverse floor plan home, with a huge living/dining/kitchen area that has impressive vistas of the Pamilco Sound and beautiful sunsets. Guests have access to the soundside beach, for sunbathing, swimming, kayaking, clamming or just a peaceful walk. "Teach's Treasure" has three bedrooms, two with king and the third with two twins. There are two full baths and one half bath. Conveniences include central air conditioning, heat, TVs, phone, wireless internet access, audio system/CD player, DVD, washer and dryer, outdoor shower and gas grille. Adore reading the paper, having coffee or libations, or dozing in the sun, on one of the three decks, with two overlooking the sound. This home will sleep up to seven people.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you promotional travel guide books with special offers for vacation rentals, dining and tours. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and promotional books, as this allows visitors to discover the very same activities with a often considerable discounted.
- Are you willing to modify your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you incredible rates on daily rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for unique discounts. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are essentially catered to specific clients, whether it's oceanside units with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own boat launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and sight-seeing opportunities you are most excited about.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed due to health emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Newcomers are often surprised at the number and selection of short term rental homes available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an suitable getaway to accommodate their Ocracoke gang, from quiet condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rental homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, technology and expertise to provide effortless operational administration on behalf of the owner..
We have put together a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
How to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Do you think "Outstanding Views of Pamlico Sound and Sunsets" is the perfect rental for your upcoming vacation? Read through this checklist to make sure it fits your needs.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Like many renowned destinations, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked very early. To assure the best choice of rental homes, we advise searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Many groups prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Sometimes, the toughest portion of preparing for your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be more straightforward.
Decide on a Size
Establish who is joining, and just how many/what sort of bedroom configuration you need to have. Try to remember that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the party. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Make sure that "Outstanding Views of Pamlico Sound and Sunsets" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, confirm that each group understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. A single member of your family must be given the task of getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Does the property need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to shopping? Does the unit have bikes and body boards for use as part of your stay? Build a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. The majority of rental postings include a list of amenities.
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Animal friends are welcome at many rentals, but policies can vary. Type of pet, size and dog breeds can be restricted. Study your agreement carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are added.
It Is Time to Search
Several websites exist to match renters with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a superior vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've found your dream rental, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Entire Contract
Read through the full agreement and make certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal price, travelers must pay state taxes when renting "Outstanding Views of Pamlico Sound and Sunsets", as well as various other fees that may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard rental home cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed due to personal health-related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental home owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest storing the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages immediately after you arrive. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be helpful.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call avoids many problems.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents frequently live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a visit a little more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten items. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Virtually all rental web sites seek testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and rental managers will thank you for positive reviews. If something was wrong and they did not fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you should make it a point in your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. Did they love their rental? We hope this guide helped you find a great rental. Maybe the rental property was not ideal, and you'll better understand how to improve your search for the next vacation.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.6 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.6 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.6 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.2 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Company - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles