- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis well maintained Ocracoke Island holiday home is outstanding for its various and voluminous decking and amazing screened porch. The brilliant and open floor plan, complimented by a well supplied kitchen, is marvelous for family gatherings. A third floor tower room offers a distant sound view.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Each bedroom with Queen. Great Room with a Twin Size Sleeper Couch. Futon in third floor Tower Room.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs, unlimited streaming Netflix and 3 DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, 2 decks, outdoor space swing, hammock, 2 outdoor dining tables, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Animals. No Telephone. Limit 3 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Twin size sleeper couch in living area. Bath with shower.
Second Floor: Two Bedrooms each with Queen bed, TV, and shared bath with tub/shower.
Third Floor: Tower Room with Futon.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many rental owners and rental houses provide Ocracoke area printed travel magazines that feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the management company and the local itself. Keep an eye out for these guides and discount books, since this allows visitors to discover those great attractions with a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Just want to stay away from the crowds and lower your expenses? The off-peak shoulder seasons typically offer fantastic rates on daily rentals.
- Several property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran men and women of the US Armed forces, or returning vacationers of the same rental. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a special offer.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific groups of travellers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to night life. If there's a particular Ocracoke activity you simply love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual property owners frequently offer guests the chance to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are likely to be shocked at the number and wide range of short-term vacation rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and practical knowledge to provide trouble-free operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rentals, however most newcomers will be delighted to learn that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
Where to find and reserve the right rental property:
Do you think "Crows Nest: Spacious home, wonderful decking, screened porch." is the perfect rental for your upcoming visit? Browse through this check list to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke rental homes are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the very best selection of homes, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke rental Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. A lot of households plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Consensus can be tough between family, but the moment this challenging part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
How Many Beds?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for the family. Generally vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Create a Spending Limit
Will the preferred rental home fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If many groups or families are sharing the cost, make certain each person knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. One member of your family needs to be in charge of getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental price at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group trying to find? Is a screened porch a requirement? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental home rate? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and wants" from your company to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Do certain members of your group have specific needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. Almost all property postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other members of the group visiting with a furry companion? Animals are welcome at many vacation rentals, but guidelines differ. Make sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
Once the place, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple resources to get the best vacation home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local agencies will often have an exclusive collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of similar homes that better suit your preferences and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study the Entire Contract
Read through the full contract and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular fee, visitors will have to pay local taxes when booking "Crows Nest: Spacious home, wonderful decking, screened porch.", in addition to any other additional fees that may be required based upon their situation, including a dog charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental home management companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental home owner.
Get Contact Details
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you discover problems, or if repairs are needed contact the home manager without delay.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, house access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager immediately. A quick phone call helps prevent many head aches.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Permanent residents probably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of recommendations.
- Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Clean up a little bit. Despite the fact that you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The rental should be in good condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with pots and pans, substantial beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should be remedied before leaving.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damage. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Nearly all vacation rental web sites seek feedback after your stay . Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something was wrong and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. Did they enjoy their stay? If everything was perfect, next year's trip planning is going to be relatively easy. If the rental property wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to improve your search next time.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.5 miles