- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis well maintained Ocracoke Island holiday home is trendy for its various and big decking and magnificent screened porch. The radiant and open floor plan, complimented by a well supplied kitchen, is excellent for family gatherings. A third floor tower room offers a distant sound view.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Each bedroom with Queen. Great Room with a Twin Size Sleeper Couch. Futon in third floor Tower Room.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs, unlimited streaming Netflix and 3 DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, 2 decks, outdoor space swing, hammock, 2 outdoor dining tables, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Telephone. Limit 3 cars.
Pet Neighborly. Owner requests a max. 50 lb. pet.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
What's New FOR 2020: Pet Amicable. min. 50 lbs.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Twin size sleeper couch in living area. Bath with shower.
Second Floor: Two Bedrooms each with Queen bed, TV, and shared bath with tub/shower.
Third Floor: Tower Room with Futon.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property management companies and rental properties supply Ocracoke area discount magazines which include money-saving offers, either offered individually by local companies, or by a relationship between the management company and the local vendor itself. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and discount books, since this allows vacationers to take advantage of the same terrific activities at a quite often significantly discounted.
- Desire to avoid the crowds of people? Shoulder seasons special offer incredible discounts.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of management companies provide discounted prices to veterans and active-duty military. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some rental homes are essentially designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it is beachfront rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own boat launching areas. You will definitely get the most value from a home which most thoroughly matches your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests an opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Advice
First-timers tend to be shocked at the number and selection of short term rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, technology and practical experience to provide painless operational management on behalf of the owner..
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you understand the vacation home search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Do you believe "Crows Nest: Pet friendly home, wonderful decking, screened porch." is the best rental property for your next family vacation? Read through this check list to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke rental homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before your trip. Many groups plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Begin by choosing which particular area of Ocracoke you would like to browse, and the determine trip dates.
Select a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Consider that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you book.
Make a Budget
Make sure "Crows Nest: Pet friendly home, wonderful decking, screened porch." suits your budget *during your desired dates*. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before reserving a costly rental home. Typically, a single person in the group will be liable for making the full reservation and getting each family member's share.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family looking for? Are you looking for a rental property with patio kitchen? Will the unit need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or close to shopping? Are sheets included with the rental contract, or will you need to provide your own? Create a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Are you or other people in the gang travelling with a family dog? Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines can vary. Many limitations could dismiss a prospective vacation property. Ensure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Start your Search
After the place, dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on a superior vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have located your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Contract
Read the whole contract and be sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental home management companies and individual rental owners often offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental home! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are attributed to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also advise immediately calling the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A quick phone call avoids many hassles.
- Be considerate of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a stay much more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each space of the rental property to assure you've gathered all belongings.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental property web sites ask for reviews after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but genuine about your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work hard to correct the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did everybody have a great time? We hope this guide helped you find a great vacation home. Maybe the rental was not perfect, and you will better know how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles