Vacationers with a love of the great outdoors and a sense of adventure will truly appreciate Outer Banks camping. From expansive camping complexes with community pools and tennis courts to rustic oceanfront campsites with sea oats and sand, campers can choose how much "roughing it" their Outer Banks camping experience entails.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis well maintained Ocracoke Island holiday home is famed for its various and sizable decking and marvelous screened porch. The radiant and open floor plan, complimented by a well supplied kitchen, is incredible for family gatherings. A third floor tower room offers a distant sound view.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Each bedroom with Queen. Great Room with a Twin Size Sleeper Couch. Futon in third floor Tower Room.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs, unlimited streaming Netflix and 3 DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, 2 decks, outdoor space swing, hammock, 2 outdoor dining tables, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Telephone. Limit 3 cars.
Pet Chummy. Owner requests a max. 50 lb. pet.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
What's New FOR 2020: Pet Amiable. min. 50 lbs.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Twin size sleeper couch in living area. Bath with shower.
Second Floor: Two Bedrooms each with Queen bed, TV, and shared bath with tub/shower.
Third Floor: Tower Room with Futon.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area promotional travel books that feature coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the property manager and the vendor itself. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you can travel? Off-peak times offer up sizable deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be eligible for cost savings. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some homes are particularly suited for specific types of visitors. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to music venues. If there's a certain Ocracoke activity that you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed due to medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
Newcomers are likely to be surprised at the number and wide range of short-term rental properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, guests are sure to discover a vacation home that fits their wishes and spending plan.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by property owners mainly because they manage the advertising and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many newcomers will be happy to discover that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know where they should search.
How to find and reserve the right rental property:
Do you think "Crows Nest: Pet friendly home, wonderful decking, screened porch." is the perfect vacation property for your next vacation? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke vacation homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. A lot of households plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Sometimes, the toughest portion of organizing your vacation is deciding on where to search, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest will be easier.
Select a Size
How many family members are planning to share your trip? Remember that that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is suitable for your company. Generally rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Confirm that "Crows Nest: Pet friendly home, wonderful decking, screened porch." fits your price range *during your desired dates*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before reserving an expensive rental property. Most rental documents call for a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the group looking for? Is a screened deck a requirement? Do you wish to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are linens offered with the rental, or will you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure you include your furry family members. Even though a number of vacation homes allow household pets, rules and fees vary per rental. Many restrictions could eliminate a potential rental property. Study your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Start your Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Besides offering exclusive properties, local companies offer top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything you need. If lacking, the rental home management company might know of comparable homes that fit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an extra night. Your best chance for a reduced rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Study the Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard charge, visitors will have to pay state taxes when renting "Crows Nest: Pet friendly home, wonderful decking, screened porch.", along with any other fees that may be required depending on their situation, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. Rental home management companies and individual property owners typically offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
Once you believe you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damage immediately after you arrive. We also advise immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any critical repairs.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Residents often live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- When everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no property damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Virtually all rental management company web sites seek testimonials after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive ratings. If something was wrong and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point in your critique.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did they love their vacation? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation home. Maybe the rental home was not ideal, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next time.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles