- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis well maintained Ocracoke Island holiday home is acclaimed for its various and roomy decking and phenomenal screened porch. The radiant and open floor plan, complimented by a well supplied kitchen, is outstanding for family gatherings. A third floor tower room offers a distant sound view.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Each bedroom with Queen. Great Room with a Twin Size Sleeper Couch. Futon in third floor Tower Room.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs, unlimited streaming Netflix and 3 DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, 2 decks, outdoor space swing, hammock, 2 outdoor dining tables, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Family Animals. No Telephone. Limit 3 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
What's New FOR 2020: Pet Neighborly. min. 50 lbs.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Twin size sleeper couch in living area. Bath with shower.
Second Floor: Two Bedrooms each with Queen bed, TV, and shared bath with tub/shower.
Third Floor: Tower Room with Futon.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many management companies and vacation rental homes supply Ocracoke area traveller discount catalogs which feature offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by a partnership between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you can take a trip? Shoulder seasons feature phenomenal promotions.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for special discounts. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some rentals are basically catered to specific travelers, whether it is soundside units with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a specific Ocracoke activity that you love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed a result of health-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to learn how many vacation rentals are available in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an suitable retreat to accommodate their Ocracoke gang, from tranquil condos to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Below are some tips and techniques to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the best rental home:
Do you believe "Crows Nest: Spacious home, wonderful decking, screened porch." is the perfect vacation property for your next visit? Browse through this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke rentals start booking early. To guarantee the greatest selection of rental homes, we advise searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental home Six-12 months in advance, whenever possible. Many visitors decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Spot and Confirm Dates
Sometimes, the toughest portion of preparing for your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, the rest is more straightforward.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Commit to a Budget
Make sure "Crows Nest: Spacious home, wonderful decking, screened porch." suits your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before reserving an expensive rental property. Most of the time, one member of the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and collecting each family member's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is the family interested in? Do you just want a vacation home with a swimming pool, spa or volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Will the rental have bikes and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "needs and wants" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate property.
Suitable access could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure to include your pets. While a number of rentals permit household pets, guidelines and charges fluctuate per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be controlled. Study your contract very carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
As soon as the location, dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the very best rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an extra night. Your best potential for a lower rate will be switching to an off-season week.
Study the Contract
Read the whole contract and be sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Rental home management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives comfort should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Make sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit right away. Call the rental manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Often, nearby households are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a visit significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to confirm no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Virtually all rental property web sites ask for feedback after your stay . Owners and property managers will thank you for positive critiques. If something went wrong, we suggest being understanding but straightforward in regards to your experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Experience
Does everyone want to go back? Hopefully this guide steered you to a great rental unit. If not, you've acquired invaluable rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.5 miles