The Outer Banks offers plenty of opportunities for a healthy, family fun vacation. Visitors can spread out over more than 100 miles of pristine shoreline. For Summer 2020, local restaurants and eateries are providing abundant take-out and delivery options. Also, there’s no risk of boredom with our list of social-distancing compatible activities! It’s no wonder that vacationers are turning to the Outer Banks for a fun, relaxing, and safe vacation during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Here are our picks for outdoor attractions, parks and activities where it’s easy to maintain social distancing guidelines while having 100% of the fun.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySavor the pleasures of the natural beauty that surrounds this bungalow with sound frontage. Vistas of the lighthouse, sound and marsh will excite your senses. Let the lighthouse guide you to the sheltered sound side shoreline; ideal for water enthusiasts with great kayak access and an ideal backdrop for brilliant sunsets and beachcombing.
3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with two Double Futons.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 satellite TVs, and 2 DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Ping Pong Table.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
Exterior offers a total of six porches, three are screened. Hot/cold outdoor shower, two picnic tables and a park style charcoal grille.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. No Telephone. Parking for 2 cars only (Parking areas for Sounds Ideal would not accommodate 3 generous SUV's).
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Discounted Combined Costs Are Available when renting both WP13 Sounds Ideal and WP14 Secret Cedars. Please visit Unit Number WP1314 for details.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with two Double Futons, TV. Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Den. Master Bedroom with Queen Bed and Master Bath with tub/shower. Bedroom with Queen bed. Hallway Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental managers and vacation homes supply Ocracoke area promotional travel catalogs which feature promotions, either offered individually by merchants, or by a partnership between the property management company and the local merchant itself. These guides can provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Are your trip dates changeable? Shoulder seasons provide outstanding opportunities.
- Several rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Military, or returning visitors of the same rental. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a discount.
- Some properties are practically catered to specific guests, whether it's soundside homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and locations you are most interested in.
- Property management companies and individual property owners frequently offer guests an opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out just how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an suitable getaway to fit their Ocracoke gang, from relaxed condominiums to vast event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, technology and working experience to provide convenient operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Here are some ideas and suggestions to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
Where to find and book the right rental property:
Before you book "Sounds Perfect: Located on Pamlico Sound with kayak access.", read through our short checklist of considerations.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke rental homes are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation home..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Agreement can be tricky between members of the family, but once this challenging part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
How Many Beds?
How many family members are planning to share your trip? Try to remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. If not, speak to the property owner before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Check to make sure "Sounds Perfect: Located on Pamlico Sound with kayak access." suits your price range *during your desired week*. If several individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, make certain each group understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental documents require a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Are you looking for a rental property with outdoor lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or night life? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Grandparents will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only property on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Almost all vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Do not forget to include your best friend! Pets are welcome at a number of rentals, but policies can vary. Study your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
Many websites exist to match visitors with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Aside from offering exceptional properties, local agencies offer you exceptional service..
When you've identified your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. This is more effective throughout the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Study the Entire Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal charge, visitors will need to pay local taxes when booking "Sounds Perfect: Located on Pamlico Sound with kayak access.", as well as various other additional fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers relief should disaster strike.
As soon as you feel you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Help
Make sure that you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage as soon as you arrive. We also recommend immediately getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any required fixes. This can prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often, neighboring homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation significantly more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Ensure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no property damage occurred during your remain. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Virtually all rental management company web sites seek feedback after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will appreciate your positive critiques. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but honest regarding your experience. The best property owners and managers will try very hard to solve the issue.
Hold a meeting with the people in your group. Does everybody want to return next year? With a little luck everything turned out to be ideal and you're all set to re-book the property for next year. If not, you've gained valuable experience that can help with the next search.
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.2 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.2 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.2 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Company - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles