The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hot Tub
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyLocated in the sought after Jackson Dunes area. This spectacular roomy home includes marvelous marsh vistas, a 33 foot private pool with generous decking and an over-sized six person hot tub.
Allow yourself to be seduced by the natural beauty surrounding you. Feel a way of life that will inspire peaceful family holidays in this superb home.
This home really includes something for everybody in your family! Unwind in the over sized 6 person **hot tub or lounge beside your private pool. Feel in tune with nature as you gaze out over the blowing marsh grasses, relish a movie or sports event on the 52" Plasma Flat Screen TV with surround sound, play b-ball in the yard, or gather together for a family meal.
3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths: 2 with King, 1 with Queen and a Sleeper Couch in the den. All full baths offer generous sized showers.
The generous list of niceties includes central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 5 TVs with cable service (including a 52 inch TV and four 42 inch high definition), DVD, 4 Blu-Ray DVDs, Nintendo Wii and unlimited Netflix streaming everywhere the home. Electric fireplace. The sizable kitchen showcases granite counter tops, a breakfast bar, microwave and dishwasher. Domestic long distance service. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play. High chair.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
Exterior comforts include a *private pool, **hot tub, 2 hot/cold outdoor showers, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 3 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
*Pool is open April 11 - October 16, 2020. **Hot Tub is available through New Year's Weekend. For 2020, Hot Tub is open March 21st through New Year's Weekend.
First Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD, and Master Bath with shower. Bedroom with Queen bed, TV/DVD. Den with TV/DVD. Hallway bath with shower. Laundry closet.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD, and Master Bath with shower. Half bath.
Third Floor: Loft with seating.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and vacation rental homes supply Ocracoke area travel discount magazines which feature deals, either offered independently by vendors, or by a relationship between the property management company and the local store itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Are you willing to shift your trip dates? Shoulder seasons feature amazing promotions.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran members of the Military, or repeat visitors of the same rental. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a reduction.
- Is there a particular activity that you are mainly getting excited about ? If there's a specific Ocracoke atteaction you simply love, search for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners often offer their guests the opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed a result of health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are often times shocked at the range and variety of short term rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an ideal retreat to suit their Ocracoke gang, from low-noise condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their home, management companies are critical in helping vacationers with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping services, and any repairs and maintenance issues that may occur.
We've put together a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the right rental property:
Do you think "Seaduction: Private pool, oversized hot tub, incredible marsh views." is the best rental home for your next family vacation? Browse through this check list to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many trendy destinations, In Ocracoke the best rental homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Many groups choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Begin by deciding which particular area of Ocracoke you would like to browse, and the choose trip dates.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the group. Generally rental home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of rental properties are marketed with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your preferred stay. It might be at the top end of the range. If a few groups or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental documents call for a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the group searching for? Do you primarily desire a rental home with a pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental contract, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your party to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Optimal access can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Are you or other individuals in the gang travelling with a pet dog? Although many rental homes permit pets, rules and charges fluctuate per property. Many constraints may eliminate a potential vacation property. Study your contract carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
Several internet resources exist to match clients with rental home owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in an exceptional rental experience.
When you've found your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Entire Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal price, vacationers have to pay state taxes when renting "Seaduction: Private pool, oversized hot tub, incredible marsh views.", in addition to any other additional fees which might be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal hospital emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your vacation home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any problems immediately after you arrive. If you discover damage, or if fixes are required contact the property manager immediately. This will prevent disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call avoids many problems.
- Be considerate of the community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay a little more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep all the rooms in the home for left-behind possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to make sure no damage occurred during your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental home websites request feedback after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If anything went wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the property was not as described, you should make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn and Improve
Did everybody have a blast? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning is going to be quick. Otherwise, you've gained useful experience that can help with the next search.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.5 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.5 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.7 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles