Once you have your coastal recreational fishing license in hand, it’s time to start thinking about gear. Anglers will find tons of options when it comes to equipment for casting into the surf, from custom designed rods and reels at local tackle shops, to name brand varieties that are designed for multiple areas along the coastline. Here are just a few of the most popular gear options for surf fishermen. Keep in mind that there are endless options available, and your local bait and tackle store staff will be happy to point you in the right direction if you have any questions about what you’ll need for successful surf fishing in any given area along the North Carolina coastline.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis Ocracoke Island holiday bungalow, filled with local art, is tucked away in a peaceful location but still within walking or cycling distance of the harbor, stores, and eateries. June's screened porch offers an exceptional view of the Ocracoke Lighthouse.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Each bedroom with a Queen. Sleeping Loft with two Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs (includes one 46 inch flat screen) and 2 players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers two screened porches and a generous sun outdoor space, outdoor dining table, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 3 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bath with shower. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Bedroom with Queen bed. Loft sleeping/sitting area with two Twin beds, TV/DVD. Bath with shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus offer printed travel guides with deals for rental homes, dining and tours. These guides may provide a great start to your rental search.
- Prefer to steer clear of the crowds? Off-peak times provide considerable bargains.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for cost savings. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve particular clients, whether it's downtown homes with pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private boat launching areas. You'll get the most value from a home which most directly suits your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners often offer their clients an opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel stay or additional gas.
General Vacation Rental Tips & Tricks
Many people are shocked to discover the number of rentals are located in Ocracoke. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners mainly because they manage the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most newcomers will be happy to realize that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
How to find and book the perfect rental home:
Do you think "June: Lighthouse view from screened porch, overlooking marsh." is the perfect rental property for your next vacation? Read through this guide to ensure it fits your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Ocracoke vacation rentals book several months (and up to a year) in advance. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental..
Select a Village and Date
Consensus can be difficult between loved ones, but once this tricky part is complete everything will start to slide in place.
Selecting an Correctly-Sized Rental property
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the family. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Will the preferred rental suit your budget during that choice Summer week? If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, make sure that each party understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
What property features is your family interested in? Do you just desire a vacation rental with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Does the home have bikes and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Elderly guests will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the Third floor. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Are you or other members of the gang traveling with a family pet? Although a number of rental homes permit canine companions, guidelines and fees fluctuate per rental. Many limitations may possibly eliminate a prospective rental property. Examine your contract thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
A number of websites exist to match clients with rental home owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies proudly offer an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak season offers your best chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Total Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Rental home management companies and home owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Don't forget to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental home right away. We also advise promptly calling the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any critical repairs.
- If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of recommendations.
- Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a little. Although you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The rental home is required to be in sound condition. Sinks stuffed with dishes, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes ought to be remedied before leaving.
- When your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the property to verify no damage occurred during your stay. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites allow customers to give comments. If the rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but sincere with regards to stay. Top owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the problem.
How did they like the rental? If everything was wonderful, next year's trip planning is going to be easy. If the rental wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to refine your search for the next time.
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.3 miles