- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis 3 bedroom Outer Banks holiday home on Ocracoke Island includes vaulted ceilings, open floor plan and a huge front and back yard that generously compliment this well maintained home. Spend your day on the enormous screened porch or relax in the sun on the huge outdoor space.
3 bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with King, 1 with Queen.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans in all rooms, wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs and a DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, outdoor space, picnic table, enclosed outdoor hot/cold shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Paved covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 4 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with King bed, TV. Hallway Bath with shower. Laundry Area.
Second Floor: Bedroom with King bed and TV. Bedroom with Queen bed and TV. Shared Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus supply printed tourism guides with special offers for rental management companies, restaurants and activities. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and promotional books, because this allows travelers to enjoy those great attractions with a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Are the trip dates changeable? Shoulder seasons feature fantastic offers.
- Several management companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or repeat guests to the same property. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Is there a certain activity you are mainly anticipating ? You'll receive the best value from a home which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed resulting from medical related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to learn just how many vacation rentals are located in their area of interest. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners mainly because they coordinate the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most beginners will be delighted to discover that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to search.
Finding and reserving the right rental:
Do you believe "Beachbreak: Spacious interior, screened porch and large deck." is the perfect rental home for your next trip? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke vacation rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the best choice of properties, we suggest searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental home 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental..
Pick a Community and Time
Consensus can be difficult between relatives, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
Just How Many Beds?
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Be aware that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. If not, contact the property manager before you book.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Make sure that "Beachbreak: Spacious interior, screened porch and large deck." works with your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, confirm that each group understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. In most cases, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What home features is your family searching for? Do you want a rental property with outdoor kitchen? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are bed linens offered with the rental agreement, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
Optimal accessibility could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Almost all property listings will include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure to include your pets. While many rental homes allow cats and dogs, rules and charges fluctuate per rental. Many constraints may possibly eliminate a prospective vacation property. Examine your contract carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Start the Search
Once the place, time and people are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. In addition to offering distinctive properties, local companies provide top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the rental home has everything you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of similar homes that better suit your wishes and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Your best prospects for a reduced rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Read through the Total Agreement
Read through the complete agreement and make certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard rate, visitors must pay local taxes when booking "Beachbreak: Spacious interior, screened porch and large deck.", as well as various other additional fees which may be required based upon their circumstances, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. If you discover property damage, or if repairs are needed contact the property manager immediately.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or spa tub. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call avoids many head aches.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents probably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation considerably more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If it is possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Many property management companies and vacation rental websites permit renters to offer feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will appreciate your recommendations. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point in your review.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their stay? Ideally everything turned out to be exceptional and you're all set to reserve the same property for next season. Otherwise, you've acquired useful experience that will help with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.4 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.5 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.7 miles