- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis 3 bedroom Outer Banks holiday home on Ocracoke Island includes vaulted ceilings, open floor plan and a huge front and back yard that gorgeously compliment this well maintained home. Spend your day on the cavernous screened porch or relax in the sun on the roomy outdoor space.
3 bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with King, 1 with Queen.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans in all rooms, wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs and a DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, outdoor space, picnic table, enclosed outdoor hot/cold shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Paved covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 4 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with King bed, TV. Hallway Bath with shower. Laundry Area.
Second Floor: Bedroom with King bed and TV. Bedroom with Queen bed and TV. Shared Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you guides with special offers for vacation rentals, dining and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Is it possible to change your trip dates? Off-peak times offer substantive savings.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Military, or returning travelers to the same property. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your travelling group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular groups of visitors. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some rentals appeal to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to nightlife. You'll receive the most value from a rental which most directly matches your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Rental companies and individual home owners typically offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a result of health emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline.
General Rental Information
Many people are shocked to learn the number of vacation homes are available in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are liked by property owners because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
We have assembled a short guide to help you get the most out of your rental experience.
Finding and booking the best rental:
Do you believe "Beachbreak: Spacious interior, screened porch and large deck." is the perfect rental home for your next trip? Read through this check list to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation homes are booked early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. A lot of families plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Select your Town and Travel Week
Oftentimes, the hardest portion of organizing your vacation is deciding where to go, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else becomes simpler.
Just How Many Beds?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Generally vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Determine Your Budget
The majority of rental properties are presented with a price range. Determine the rate for your desired trip. It may be at the high end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before reserving an expensive rental. Typically, one member of the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and getting each party's contribution.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What home features is your group interested in? Do you just want a rental home with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Will the property have bicycles and body boards for use during your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure to include your pets. Animal policies are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Its Time to Search
After the area, time and people are decided, search multiple sources to get the best rental home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local property management companies. Apart from having exclusive rental properties, local agencies provide you with top-notch service..
When you've spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your easiest opportunity for a lower rate is changing to an off-season week.
Read the Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental cost, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When you feel you've found "the one", start the booking process. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit right away. If you discover damages, or if fixes are required get in touch with the home manager straight away. This may protect against conflicts during check out.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many headaches.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. Residents probably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Remember to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check each space of the rental to make sure you've packed all personal belongings.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Most rental management company web sites request feedback after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will appreciate your positive critiques. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but honest with regards to experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to solve the situation.
Use Your Experience
Did everyone have a good time? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning is going to be simple and easy. Otherwise, you have gained invaluable rental search experience that can help with your next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.4 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.5 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.6 miles