The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis 3 bedroom Outer Banks holiday home on Ocracoke Island includes vaulted ceilings, open floor plan and a enormous front and back yard that gorgeously compliment this well maintained home. Spend your day on the generous screened porch or relax in the sun on the big outdoor space.
3 bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with King, 1 with Queen.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans in all rooms, wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs and a DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, outdoor space, picnic table, enclosed outdoor hot/cold shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Paved covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 4 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with King bed, TV. Hallway Bath with shower. Laundry Area.
Second Floor: Bedroom with King bed and TV. Bedroom with Queen bed and TV. Shared Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation houses supply Ocracoke area traveller discount guides that feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by local companies, or by a partnership between the property management company and the itself. Search for these books and coupon books, as this allows travelers to enjoy those wonderful activities at a typically substantial discounted.
- Are you able to shift your dates? Shoulder seasons offer incredible deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for discounted rates. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a particular activity you are most longing for during your stay? If there's a certain Ocracoke atteaction which you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual home owners often offer guests an opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed due to personal medical emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Many people are surprised to discover how many properties are available in Ocracoke. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to select a vacation home that fits their wishes and spending plan.
The vast majority of rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however most newcomers will be happy to realize that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
Where to find and book a great vacation rental:
Before you book "Beachbreak: Spacious interior, screened porch and large deck.", go through our brief collection of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke vacation homes are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the greatest choice of properties, we recommend searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. A lot of groups choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Select your Area and Vacation Week
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of preparing for your vacation is deciding where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, the rest becomes simplier and easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are joining your getaway? Consider that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Create a Budget
Check to make sure "Beachbreak: Spacious interior, screened porch and large deck." satisfies your price range *during your desired week*. If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure each group understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. One member of your party must be given the task of gathering repayments and accepting responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family interested in? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are sheets included with the rental, or will you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and wishes" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable home.
Do members of your group have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, include that into your search. The majority of rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Don't forget to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at many rentals, but guidelines differ. Many limitations could dismiss a prospective rental property. Make sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you book!
Searching the Internet
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local property management companies take pride in a first-class vacation experience.
Re-read the description to be certain the home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company might know of comparable properties that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective through the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Study the Total Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
If you need to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Property management companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed due to personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the property owner.
Know Who to Call
Make sure to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your rental! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- You might need instructions for a fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of advice.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, decks, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damage. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Many property management companies and rental home sites permit renters to give reviews. If the property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If something was wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point in your review.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. Did everyone have a great time? With a little luck everything ended up being perfect and you are all set to reserve the rental home for your next vacation. If the property was not perfect, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.6 miles