- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyOcracoke of yesteryear meets modern happiness in this appealing, appealing holiday rental. Silver Lake Harbor and the heart of the Village is a brief walk away. Hidden down a driveway behind Sorella's Pizza & Pasta.
Appreciate sipping your morning coffee on a private outdoor space or nap the afternoon away as you lounge in your peaceful hammock! This home offers plenty of options for rest and recreation. Even the beds are made for your arrival!
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: 1 with Queen, 1 with two Twins. Bath has tub/shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV and Blu-Ray DVD.The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers front and rear decks, enclosed yard, hot/cold outdoor shower, gas grille, hammock and a double kayak. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be delighted to assist.
No Smoking. Pet Chummy - Dogs Only. Owner prefers a limit of 1 modest or medium dog. Limit of 3 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Living Room with TV/DVD. Eat-in Kitchen. Bedroom with Queen and bedroom with two Twin beds. Bathroom with tub/shower. Laundry room off twin bedroom.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send you promotional travel guide books with special offers for rental homes, restaurants and attractions. These guides provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Can you adjust your dates? Off-peak times provide substantial markdowns.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be able to get discounted prices. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discounted price.
- Is there a specific activity you are most looking forward to during your stay? If there's a specific Ocracoke atteaction that you love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed due to health related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be surprised to learn just how many vacation homes are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all rental properties in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Property owners often choose management companies to manage promoting and marketing, housekeeping services and regular maintenance.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rentals, however most novices will be happy to find that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to search.
How to find and reserve the best vacation home:
Before you book "Luna Sea: Dog friendly cozy rental is centrally located.", go through our short list of points to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke rental homes start booking early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Many groups prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Area and Choose Dates
Begin by deciding which particular area of Ocracoke you would like to visit, and the determine travel dates.
How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
Create a Spending Limit
Does your favorite vacation property suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If multiple groups or family members are sharing the cost, confirm that each person understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental documents call for a single individual to be responsible for the full reservation.
What home features is your family searching for? Are you looking for a rental with open-air kitchen? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Does the rental have bicycles and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Make a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Grandparents will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other members of the crew travelling with a family pet? While a number of rental homes allow canine companions, guidelines and costs fluctuate per rental. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be limited. Study your agreement carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
When the location, time and guests are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be certain the vacation rental has everything you need. If something is missing, the property management company might know of similar properties that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read The Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers peace of mind should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
Once you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. If you find damages, or if fixes are required contact the home manager immediately. This will protect against disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Natives will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a terrific source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Clean up a little. Even if you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental really should be in good condition. Kitchen sinks full of pots and pans, surplus beach sand on the floor and sticky messes ought to be remedied prior to leaving.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental home? Just about all rental home management companies and rental home sites permit travellers to give feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything was wrong and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Use Your Experience
Did everybody have a good time? Ideally everything was wonderful and you are ready to re-book the same rental home for your next vacation. If not, you have gained useful rental search experience to help with your next search.
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.0 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.0 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles