With 150 miles of pristine coastline, and some of the East Coast's largest swaths of undisturbed maritime forest, the Outer Banks is a popular destination for nature lovers. As an important spot on America's "Flyway," which is the route that migrating birds take on their northern and southern treks across the country, the Outer Banks is the temporary home to hundreds of species of birds. Combine this with the number of deer, foxes, waterfowl, fish, turtles, and even alligators, and it's clear that the Outer Banks is truly a wild vacation destination.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyAppreciate a convenient walk to village activities, stores, galleries and eateries.
As the saying goes, 'A bad day in Ocracoke is better than a good day anywhere else'. You will look forward to staying in 'Better Days'. This home sits pleasantly in the middle of a sizable, private yard, sheltered by many old cedars and oaks, with plenty of room for the children to play. Spend the morning appealing on the generous front screened porch with your coffee or a peaceful afternoon reading in the hammock. Whether for a family gathering or easily getting away from it all, 'Better Days' is essential for the ideal holiday.
Three Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with two Twins. One bath has a whirlpool tub.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. The kitchen offers a stainless steel refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
Outdoor niceties include a huge front screened porch, porch swing and rockers, backyard outdoor space, enclosed hot/cold outdoor shower, gas grille and park style charcoal grille, hammock, fenced back yard and fish cleaning bench (No Water). Double kayak. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be thrilled to assist.
No Smoking. Pet Neighborly. Limit of 3 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
What's New for 2020: Better Days has been raised to roughly eight feet off the ground.
First Floor: Living room with TV, dining room and kitchen. Bedroom with two Twin beds with TV. Hallway bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower stall. Utility room with washer/dryer and desk.
Second Floor: Bedroom with King bed with TV and bedroom with Queen bed and TV. Hallway bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many management companies and vacation homes supply Ocracoke area discount catalogs that feature deals, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the local itself. Search for these catalogs and coupon books, as this allows vacationers to discover the very same wonderful attractions at a generally considerable discounted.
- Could you adjust your vacation week? The off-peak seasons can offer great rates on rental properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be able to get discounts. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve particular customers, whether it is beachfront rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own windsurfing launching areas. If there's a particular Ocracoke atteaction that you love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed as a result of health related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
The Rental Process
You might be shocked to learn just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental, management companies are instrumental in helping guests with booking, check-in, cleaning, and any repairs and maintenance issues that may arise.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however many newcomers will be delighted to realize that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should look.
Where to find and book the best vacation home:
Before you start to book "Better Days: Pet friendly home with enclosed yard. Screened porch.", review our short collection of things to consider.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke rental properties start booking very early. To assure the very best choice of vacation homes, we recommend searching and booking your Ocracoke getaway Six-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental..
Decide on a Town and Time
Begin by deciding which specific area of Ocracoke you want to explore, and the choose trip dates.
Decide on a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. If not, speak to the property owner before you book.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Shell out?
The majority of vacation homes are advertised with a price range. Confirm the price for your preferred stay. It might be at the high end of the range. If a few individuals or families are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. One member of your company will need to be responsible for getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental price at time of booking.
Vacation home Amenities
What home features is your group trying to find? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Does the property need to be oceanfront, downtown, or in close proximity to wildlife? Will the rental have bicycles and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Often times the senior generation has trouble with staircases. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are needed, include that into your search. Almost all rental home listings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other people in the crew visiting with a pet? Pet guidelines are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Read your contract carefully! Charges may apply when animals are included.
It Is Time to Search
Many internet resources exist to match visitors with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on a top-quality vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the rental has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the rental management company might know of comparable homes that fit your desires and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective through the off-peak season when many homes sit empty.
Study the Total Contract
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard price, vacationers have to pay state taxes when renting "Better Days: Pet friendly home with enclosed yard. Screened porch.", in addition to various other fees that may be mandatory based upon their situation, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides comfort should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
After you think you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are attributed to your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. If you discover damages, or if fixes are needed contact the rental manager straight away. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be helpful.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Local people are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten items. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to confirm no property damage occurred during your remain. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites permit travellers to provide comments. If your property and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but straightforward in regards to your experience. The best property owners and managers will try very hard to correct the issue.
Use Your Experience
Does everybody want to go back? We hope this guide steered you to a great rental home. If the rental property wasn't ideal, and you'll better know how to improve your search for the next trip.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.0 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles