With 150 miles of pristine coastline, and some of the East Coast's largest swaths of undisturbed maritime forest, the Outer Banks is a popular destination for nature lovers. As an important spot on America's "Flyway," which is the route that migrating birds take on their northern and southern treks across the country, the Outer Banks is the temporary home to hundreds of species of birds. Combine this with the number of deer, foxes, waterfowl, fish, turtles, and even alligators, and it's clear that the Outer Banks is truly a wild vacation destination.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUp, Up and Away is a two bedroom, one bathroom second floor garage apartment. Centrally located, offering a brief walk to Ocracoke Village shopping, eateries and Silver Lake Harbor.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: Each bedroom has a King bed. Bath has a shower stall.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and 3 Blu-ray DVD players. Entirely supplied kitchen offers a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, wine refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffee and standard coffee maker. Telephone with domestic long distance service. Full size washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a park style charcoal grille, hammock, Adirondack chairs, yard swing, cafe table and fish cleaning bench.
No Smoking. Pet Welcoming. min. 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Can’t stay an entire week?
This home is in the Stay Your Way program and can be reserved in advance with any arrival and departure date, your “mini holiday” is subject to a three nighttime minimum. Yes, even in the summer! Stay Your Way homes can be booked months in advance.
Note: The first floor Garage is owner storage.
Second floor single story apartment: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Two bedrooms, each with King beds, TV and DVD player. Hallway bathroom with shower stall and washer. Hallway laundry closet with dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus will offer you printed guide books with special deals for vacation rentals, restaurants and attractions. These guides provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Want to stay away from the crowds of people? Off-peak times provide substantial bargains.
- Are you a military veteran? A number of management companies provide price savings to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some homes are particularly suited for specific groups of travellers. Large event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to nightlife. If there's a specific Ocracoke activity that you just love, search for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners generally offer their customers the opportunity to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any missed a result of health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel.
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
You might be surprised to discover how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, renters are certain to select a rental home that meets their expectations and budget.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their home, management companies are instrumental in assisting travellers with booking, check-in, housekeeping services, as well as maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however many beginners will be delighted to realize that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to search.
Where to find and reserve a great rental property:
Do you think "Up, Up And Away: Pet friendly apartment is centrally located." is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming trip? Read this check list to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke vacation rentals book months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home..
Pick a Village and Time
Begin by deciding which particular area of Ocracoke you want to explore, and the choose travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Establish who is going, and how many/what type of bedroom setup you need to have. Try to remember that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. If not, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Does your preferred rental fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before booking an expensive rental property. One individual in your group will need to be given the task of getting repayments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of booking.
Vacation home Features
What property features is your family trying to find? Do you simply desire a vacation home with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in town, or near night life? Does the home have bikes and body boards for use throughout your stay? Make a list of "necessities and wishes" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Sometimes the senior generation has challenges with stairways. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Most rental home listings include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. Animal policies are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. A number of restrictions may dismiss a prospective rental property. Don't forget to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Once the location, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local property management companies. Local agencies frequently have a unique assortment of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make certain that the property has everything required. If it is something is missing, the home management company may know of similar homes that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. Your greatest possibility of a lower rate will be shifting to a less desirable week.
Study the Entire Agreement
Read the whole agreement and make sure you understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular charge, visitors will need to pay local taxes when renting "Up, Up And Away: Pet friendly apartment is centrally located.", as well as any other additional fees which may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives relief should tragedy strike.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Get Contact Details
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. Call the property manager immediately to report your findings.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents probably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay substantially more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Even though you're having to pay a cleaning fee, The property really needs to be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks filled with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be taken care of before leaving.
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to be certain no damage occurred in the course of your remain. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Nearly all rental sites ask for reviews after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive critiques. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but sincere with regards to experience. Top owners and managers will work very hard to solve the issue.
Use Your Experience
How did they feel about the rental home? Maybe everything was wonderful and you're ready to re-book the same property for your next vacation. If the rental wasn't quite right, and you'll better understand how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Creekside Cafe - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles