- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUnwind and appreciate this modern 4 bedroom reverse living holiday home on Ocracoke Island. Relish the many decks and screened porches offering exceptional outdoor living space. Generous outdoor furnishings provides for straighforward entertaining or recreation. A huge open floor plan with cathedral ceilings and considerable windows and sliding doors bring the outdoors in. The open living, dining, and kitchen area with cathedral ceilings and plenty of light add to the island feel.
4 bedrooms, 3.5 Baths: 2 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with Bunk Bed and Twin.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 5 cable TVs and 5 DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave, dishwasher and wine refrigerator. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers screened porches and decks, outdoor space swings, picnic tables and hammock. Hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille, fish cleaning bench and mini refrigerator in the ground level storage area. Covered parking.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted.
Partial City Water. Home has city water with the exception of 1 ½ baths which have filtered and chlorinated harvested rainwater which could be limited during extreme drought conditions.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD, and Master Bath with tub/shower. Bedroom with Queen. Bedroom with Twin bed and Bunk bed, TV/DVD. Family Room with TV/DVD. Laundry Closet. Bath with tub/shower. Stairway Half Bath.
Second Floor: Open floor plan with kitchen, dining, and living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with King bed, and Master Bath with tub/shower.
Third Floor: Loft with couch.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most tourism bureaus will send you tourism guides with savings for rental homes, dining and attractions. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you can visit? Shoulder seasons special offer incredible discounts.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many property management companies offer rate reductions to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a special offer.
- Some rental properties are basically catered to particular clients, whether it's downtown units with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and tours you are most looking forward to.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners generally offer their customers the chance to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be pleasantly surprised to find out how many properties are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their properties, management companies are critical in assisting families with booking, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as maintenance problems that may occur.
We have assembled a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Searching for and booking the perfect vacation property:
Before you book "Beach Glass: Contemporary spacious home, decks and screened porches.", examine our short collection of things to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke rental homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the best selection of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and booking your Ocracoke rental home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for families to plan their Summer trips..
Choose a Town and Date
Begin by deciding which specific area of Ocracoke you would like to explore, and the determine travel dates.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Rental
Establish who is joining, and just how many/what type of bedroom configuration you will need. Keep in mind that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
The majority of vacation homes are marketed with a price range. Determine the cost for your selected trip. It might be at the high end of the range. If several groups or family members are sharing the cost, make certain everybody knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Usually, a single person in the group will be liable for making the full reservation and collecting each party's share.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family looking for? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental property with open-air dining area? Do you want to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are sheet sets offered with the rental contract, or will you need to provide your own? Gather a list of "necessities and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Often times the senior generation has trouble with stairways. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Most vacation home listings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure to include your furry family members. Pet guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Make sure you read agreements and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Start your Search
After the area, dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the very best rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local property management companies take pride in a first-class rental experience.
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation rental has everything that you need. If something is missing, the property management company may know of very similar properties that suit your desires and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your easiest potential for a lower rate will be switching to an off-season week.
Study the Contract
Read the full agreement and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
If you must Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Vacation rental management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. If you discover property damage, or if fixes are needed contact the rental manager straight away. This will prevent conflicts during check out.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Residents probably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Clean up a little bit. Regardless of whether you're paying a cleaning fee, The vacation rental is required to be in very good condition. Sinks stuffed with dishes, surplus beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should be remedied prior to leaving.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Many rental management companies and vacation rental websites permit travellers to give comments. If your rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If anything was unsatisfactory and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you'll want to note that in your critique.
Does everyone want to return next year? If everything was exceptional, next year's trip planning will be simple and easy. If the rental home wasn't perfect, and you'll better know how to improve your search for the next time.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.6 miles