- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUnwind and savor this modern 4 bedroom reverse living holiday home on Ocracoke Island. Relish the many decks and screened porches offering exceptional outdoor living space. Generous outdoor furnishings provides for painless entertaining or recreation. A generous open floor plan with cathedral ceilings and considerable windows and sliding doors bring the outdoors in. The open living, dining, and kitchen area with cathedral ceilings and plenty of light add to the island feel.
4 bedrooms, 3.5 Baths: 2 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with Bunk Bed and Twin.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 5 cable TVs and 5 DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave, dishwasher and wine refrigerator. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers screened porches and decks, outdoor space swings, picnic tables and hammock. Hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille, fish cleaning bench and mini refrigerator in the ground level storage area. Covered parking.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted.
Partial City Water. Home has city water with the exception of 1 ½ baths which have filtered and chlorinated harvested rainwater which could be limited during extreme drought conditions.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD, and Master Bath with tub/shower. Bedroom with Queen. Bedroom with Twin bed and Bunk bed, TV/DVD. Family Room with TV/DVD. Laundry Closet. Bath with tub/shower. Stairway Half Bath.
Second Floor: Open floor plan with kitchen, dining, and living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with King bed, and Master Bath with tub/shower.
Third Floor: Loft with couch.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send you promotional guide books with special offers for rental management companies, dining and tours. Keep an eye out for these publications and discount books, since this allows vacationers to discover the very same fantastic activities with a frequently considerable discounted.
- Are the travel dates changeable? The off-peak seasons frequently offer amazing rates on daily rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be able to get discounted prices. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a markdown.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific groups of travellers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to nightlife. You'll receive the best value from a home which most closely satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Property management companies and individual home owners frequently offer their customers the chance to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed a result of personal health emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra fuel.
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to learn how many vacation rentals can be found in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of rental properties in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in assisting families with making reservations, checking-in, housekeeping, and any repairs and maintenance problems that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however many beginners will be delighted to know that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
Finding and reserving the right rental property:
Do you think "Beach Glass: Contemporary spacious home, decks and screened porches." is the best rental home for your next family vacation? Browse through this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked early. To ensure the very best choice of vacation rentals, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke vacation home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Many groups decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Oftentimes, the toughest part of planning your trip is deciding where to search, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be easier.
How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
How many family members are joining your getaway? Bear in mind that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is suitable for the group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Make a Budget
Will your selected rental fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, be certain that each person understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be liable for the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your group trying to find? Is a screened porch a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Will the home have bikes and body boards for use throughout your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Appropriate access can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Most vacation home listings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your pets. Animal friends are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but policies differ. A number of limitations might dismiss a potential rental property. Read your agreement carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are included.
It Is Time to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local property management companies. Aside from offering exceptional properties, local companies offer top-notch service..
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Your easiest chance of a reduced rate will be shifting to a less desirable week.
Read the Agreement
You will have to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary for each property. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you relief should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Get Contact Details
Be sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To make sure no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts should be very helpful.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call eliminates many complications.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Most property management companies and rental home sites allow renters to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your recommendations. If something was wrong and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you should note that as part of your comments.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your family. Did they love their stay? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific vacation home. If not, you have acquired useful experience to aid with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles