- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUnwind and relax at this comfortable, inviting, 2 bedroom, 1 bath bungalow on Ocracoke Island. A Shore Thing is delightfully furbished with charming photography, artwork and eclectic beach decor. The screened in porch extends the living space gorgeously. Adore a meal out to the screened porch for a treat.
Great for a couple or a modest family! A Shore Thing is a brief bicycle ride or walk to stores, galleries and eateries.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: 1 with Queen, 1 with Bunk Bed. 1 Bath has tub/shower.
Additional luxuries include AC/H and heater, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a screened porch, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower and park style charcoal grille. Single Kayak. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop at (252) 928-6311 and they will be excstatic to assist.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Parking is limited to 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with Bunk Bed. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed travel guide books with promotions for lodging, dining and tours. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Willing to alter your trip dates? Shoulder seasons special offer incredible savings.
- Several management companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or repeat travelers of the same rental. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly getting excited about ? You will definitely get the most value from a rental that most closely matches your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed as a consequence of personal health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel stay or additional gasoline.
General Rental property Tips & Tricks
Newcomers are oftentimes surprised at the number and wide range of short term rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an suitable getaway to accommodate their Ocracoke family, from tranquil condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all rental properties in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their rental, management companies are critical in helping travellers with reserving, check-in, housekeeping, as well as maintenance problems that may arise.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however many newcomers will be happy to realize that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
How to find and book a great rental property:
Before you decide to book "A Shore Thing: Relax and unwind in this tastefully decorated home.", go through our short checklist of factors to consider.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the most desirable choice of vacation homes, we recommend searching and booking your Ocracoke rental home 6-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental home..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of planning your trip is figuring out where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, everything else becomes simplier and easier.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
How many relatives are joining your trip? Keep in mind that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. If not, get in touch with the property owner before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Most vacation homes are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your preferred stay. It could be at the top end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before booking a costly rental property. One member of your party will have to be given the task of gathering repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of booking.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is your family trying to find? Do you want a rental property with outdoor lounge? Will the property need to be oceanfront, downtown, or close to wildlife? Are bed linens included with the rental contract, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Occasionally the senior generation has challenges with stairways. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Most vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Be sure to include your companion! Although quite a few vacation homes permit cats and dogs, guidelines and costs vary per property. A number of constraints may possibly dismiss a prospective rental home. Make certain you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Many internet resources exist to match visitors with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local companies generally have a unique assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is most effective throughout the off-season when many rentals sit empty.
Study the Contract
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Vacation home management companies and individual home owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Book your Rental Home
Once you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Remember that most rental agreements will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damage soon after you arrive. Get in touch with the property manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a difference of opinion about legal liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will be very helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Call your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- When everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental to be certain no damage occurred during your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your stay? Nearly all rental home websites seek testimonials after your stay . Owners and rental managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If something was unsatisfactory and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you'll want to note that as part of your comments.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. Does everybody want to return next year? If everything was exceptional, next year's vacation planning will be simple. If the rental wasn't perfect, and you will better know how to filter your search for the next trip.
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.4 miles