- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUnwind and relax at this comfortable, calming, 2 bedroom, 1 bath bungalow on Ocracoke Island. A Shore Thing is appealingly furbished with superb photography, artwork and eclectic beach decor. The screened in porch extends the living space generously. Relish a meal out to the screened porch for a treat.
Great for a couple or a modest family! A Shore Thing is a brief bicycle ride or walk to stores, galleries and eateries.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: 1 with Queen, 1 with a trundle. 1 Bath has tub/shower.
Additional luxuries include AC/H and heater, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a screened porch, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower and park style charcoal grille. Single Kayak. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be merry to assist.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Parking is limited to 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with trundle bed. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus will send printed tourism guides with special packages for rental homes, restaurants and tours. Keep an eye out for these publications and coupon books, as this allows travelers to take advantage of the very same great attractions with a often significantly discounted.
- Just want to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get promotions. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific types of visitors. Event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to music venues. You'll get the most value from a home that most thoroughly satisfies your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners often offer their guests the chance to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed as a result of medical emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
General Vacation Rental Information
You may be shocked to uncover just how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and knowledge to provide painless operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Below are great tips and methods to help you navigate the rental home search and booking process.
How to find and reserve the right vacation home:
Before you decide to book "A Shore Thing: Relax and unwind in this tastefully decorated home.", read through our short list of things to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Ocracoke rental homes are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of your trip. Holiday reunions are a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer vacations..
Settle on your Area and Vacation Week
Consensus can be tough among family, but the moment this challenging part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Rental property
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that a lot of homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your party. Most vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stick to a Budget
Make sure "A Shore Thing: Relax and unwind in this tastefully decorated home." satisfies your budget *during your desired dates*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to reserving a costly rental. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What home features is the group searching for? Are you looking for a vacation property with patio lounge? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental contract, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of "needs and desires" from your company to help narrow your search to the most appropriate property.
Optimal accessibility can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Are you or other people in the party travelling with a domestic pet? Animal friends are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines can vary. A number of limitations may eliminate a prospective rental. Study your agreement carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Searching the Internet
A number of internet resources exist to match renters with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Besides offering exclusive properties, local companies provide top-notch service..
Re-read the description to confirm the property has everything required. If lacking, the rental management company may know of similar properties that suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an additional night. Your best chance of a lower rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Study the Total Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Rental management companies and individual home owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should disaster strike.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are attributed to your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. If you discover property damage, or if repairs are required call the rental manager immediately.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call prevents many problems.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Natives are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a trip a lot more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a bit. Even though you're spending money on a cleaning fee, The rental home needs to be in very good condition. Sinks filled with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes should really be addressed prior to leaving.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to verify no damage occurred during your stay. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Virtually all rental management company websites ask for feedback after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive ratings. If something was unsatisfactory and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to note that in your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they love their rental? We hope this guide helped you find a great home away from home. Maybe the property was not quite right, and you'll better understand how to perfect your search for the next time.
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.4 miles