- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUnwind and relax at this comfortable, inviting, 2 bedroom, 1 bath bungalow on Ocracoke Island. A Shore Thing is delightfully adorned with charming photography, artwork and eclectic beach decor. The screened in porch extends the living space generously. Adore a meal out to the screened porch for a treat.
Great for a couple or a modest family! A Shore Thing is a brief bicycle ride or walk to stores, galleries and eateries.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: 1 with Queen, 1 with a trundle. 1 Bath has tub/shower.
Additional luxuries include AC/H and heater, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a screened porch, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower and park style charcoal grille. Single Kayak. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be joyful to assist.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Parking is limited to 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with trundle bed. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation rental homes provide Ocracoke area discount catalogs which include coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or through a partnership between the management company and the merchant itself. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and coupon books, as this allows travelers to take advantage of the same attractions with a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Desire to stay away from crowds and lower your expenses? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer fantastic rates on rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for discount rates. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your visiting group is eligible for a special offer.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly getting excited about during your stay? You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed resulting from health-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to learn the number of properties are located in Ocracoke. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to come across a rental home that suits their desires and spending plan.
Nearly all vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property owners often choose management companies to manage online marketing, housekeeping and regular maintenance.
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation property experience.
How to find and book the right vacation rental:
Do you believe "A Shore Thing: Relax and unwind in this tastefully decorated home." is the best vacation property for your next trip? Read through this checklist to make sure it fits your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke rental homes start booking early. For the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to a trip. Many visitors plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Select a Town and Time
Agreement can be difficult between relatives, but the moment this complicated part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Decide on a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Have a Spending Limit
Many rental homes are marketed with a cost range. Determine the cost for your preferred trip. It could be at the high end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before reserving an expensive rental property. Most of the time, just one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and getting each family member's share.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Requirements"
What home features is the group interested in? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Does the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or near shopping? Are linens included with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Grandparents will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Remember to include your pets. While many rental homes allow dogs, rules and fees fluctuate per rental. A number of constraints could eliminate a prospective vacation property. Examine your contract very carefully! Charges may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Best places to Search
Several internet resources exist to match vacationers with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies generally have a unique collection of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your best chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read through the Total Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular rate, travelers will need to pay state taxes when renting "A Shore Thing: Relax and unwind in this tastefully decorated home.", as well as various other additional fees which may be mandatory depending on their situation, including a dog charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Property management companies and home owners commonly offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. If you discover wear and tear, or if repairs are required call the rental manager without delay. If there is a difference of opinion about legal liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be valuable.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, house access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Clean up a lttle bit. Despite the fact that you're paying a cleaning fee, The vacation home should be in good condition. Sinks brimming with dishes, excessive beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be addressed before leaving.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to confirm no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Nearly all vacation rental sites request reviews after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Did they love their vacation? If everything was perfect, next year's family vacation planning will be simple and easy. Maybe the property wasn't perfect, and you'll better understand how to refine your search next time.
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles