The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyTucked among the trees, this meticulous home is ideal for savoring Ocracoke's natural environment. On a peaceful wooded lane, this home offers a generous kitchen with adjoining cloistered screen porch, numerous roomy decks and a comfortable vaulted living room with a gas-log fireplace.
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: 1 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with two Twin Beds.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 satellite TVs and DVD player. Gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Telephone.
The exterior offers a sizable outdoor space on the first level and a private second floor outdoor space. A screened porch offers outdoor enjoyment and a table for outdoor dining. Adore the sizable hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and ground level seating alcove. Fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Animals. Limit 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Half Bath. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed and Master Bath with tub/shower. Bedroom with Queen bed, TV. Bedroom with two Twin beds, TV. Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property owners and rental homes supply Ocracoke area promotional travel catalogs which feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by merchants, or via a partnership between the property manager and the itself. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you able to change your vacation week? Off-peak times provide sizable savings.
- Are you a military veteran? Several management companies provide discounted prices to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially catered to particular visitors, whether it is soundside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and locations you are most excited about.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many rental homes are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners mainly because they coordinate the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be happy to find that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you know where to look.
Where to find and reserve the perfect vacation home:
Before you book "Hyla House: Tucked among trees, enjoy Ocracoke's natural environment.", go through our brief checklist of considerations.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking very early. To assure the best selection of properties, we recommend searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental Six-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental home..
Decide on a Village and Time
Consensus can be tough among family members, but once this complicated part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
Confirm who is traveling, and just how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Be aware that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the company. Generally rental listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Have a Spending Limit
Will your chosen rental home suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make certain each party understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. One member of your group must be given the task of collecting contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What home features is your group interested in? Do you just desire a vacation home with a pool, spa or volleyball court? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Are linens included with the rental agreement, or do you need to take your own? Gather a list of "needs and desires" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Elderly guests will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. Nearly all vacation home postings will include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure you include your pets. Although quite a few rentals allow animal friends, rules and costs vary per rental. Make certain you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Start your Search
Several internet resources exist to match clients with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local companies will often have an exclusive assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified your dream rental, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Total Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Ensure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers peace of mind should disaster strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- To make sure no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the property. Call the property manager right away to report your findings. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts could be very helpful.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, house access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a stay considerably more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local people are a terrific source of recommendations.
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a little. Although you're having to pay a cleaning fee, The property really should be in sound condition. Sinks brimming with dirty dishes, excessive sand on the flooring and sticky messes should really be taken care of before leaving.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If it is possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Many rental management company websites seek comments after your stay is complete. Rental owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but straightforward in regards to your experience. The best owners and managers will try hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Experience
Does everyone want to return next year? With a little luck everything ended up being ideal and you are ready to reserve the rental for next season. If not, you have acquired valuable experience to help with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.4 miles