The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyRelish this cloistered pet amiable home tucked among the trees in a peaceful neighborhood on Ocracoke Island. Located in a residential area, Escape Hatch offers a agreeable bicycle ride to stores and eateries.
The lower level open floor plan provides a great space for family gatherings. This home includes 3 generous bedrooms. A front outdoor space and generous screened porch compliment your outdoor recreation. Adore striking vistas from the voluminous rooftop outdoor space with vistas of Pamlico Sound and the distant Ocracoke Lighthouse.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with Pyramid (double on bottom and twin on top) with Trundle.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, outdoor space, observation outdoor space, outdoor dining table, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Amiable. Limit 3 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Pyramid Bed (double on bottom and twin on top) with Trundle, TV. Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Bedroom with Queen Bed. Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV. Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many tourism bureaus supply printed tourism guides with special offers for lodging, restaurants and activities. Be on the lookout for these publications and promotional books, as this allows vacationers to take advantage of the very same fantastic activities at a significantly discounted.
- Are you able to shift your dates? Shoulder seasons feature amazing prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may qualify for discounts. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are practically catered to specific clients, whether it's soundside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. If there's a specific Ocracoke activity that you just love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Consider investing in trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, offers travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental Home Information
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to come across a rental home which fits their wishes and budget.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners mainly because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Below are great tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Finding and booking the perfect rental property:
Before you start to book "Escape Hatch: Pet friendly home, tucked among the trees, rooftop deck", go through our short list of considerations.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Like many renowned hot spots, In Ocracoke the best rental properties are booked very early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home..
Find your Area and Decide Dates
Sometimes, the most challenging portion of planning your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, everything else is much easier.
How Many Beds?
Determine who is going, and just how many/what kind of bedroom setup you will need. Be aware that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, communicate with the property owner before you book.
What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Make certain "Escape Hatch: Pet friendly home, tucked among the trees, rooftop deck" suits your price range *during your desired dates*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to reserving a pricey rental property. A single individual in your group needs to be responsible for getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of booking.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is the group interested in? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys for use throughout your stay? Make a list of priority amenities to facilitate filter your search.
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Make sure you include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental homes, but guidelines differ. Type of pet, size and dog breeds may be restricted. Ensure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *before* you book!
Its Time to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental home management companies take pride in a first-class vacation experience.
Re-read the description to be certain the rental home has everything that you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable properties that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your best prospects for a lower rate is shifting to a less desirable week.
Study the Entire Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal rate, visitors will need to pay state taxes when renting "Escape Hatch: Pet friendly home, tucked among the trees, rooftop deck", in addition to various other fees which may be required depending on their circumstances, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers peace of mind should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
After you feel you've found "the one", start the booking process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation home owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your rental! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. Call the rental manager right away to report your findings. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts could be useful.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents more often than not live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a little. Although you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The rental home really needs to be in good shape. Sinks brimming with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be remedied before you leave.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no damage occurred during your stay. Whenever possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most rental sites request reviews after your stay . Property owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something went wrong and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Did they feel about the rental? We hope this guide helped you find a great home away from home. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience to aid with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.4 miles