- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPrivate Ocracoke Island holiday home with enormous screened porch and great view from rooftop outdoor space. Located on a dead end lane in a residential area. Simple walk to stores, galleries, eateries and Silver Lake Harbor.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath. 2 bedrooms each with a Queen bed. Sleeper Couch in living area.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, 1 cable TV and DVD player. Internet access. Kitchen includes a microwave. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a decorated screened porch including a outdoor space swing. Hot/cold outdoor shower, fish cleaning bench and park style charcoal grille.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Two Bedrooms with Queen beds. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Stackable washer/dryer in the Queen bedroom.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Many rental owners and vacation rental properties provide Ocracoke area vacation discount books which feature deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the local itself. Search for these guides and promotional books, since this allows vacation goers to discover the same activities at a often considerable discounted.
- Are the travel dates changeable? Shoulder seasons offer fantastic offers.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for promotions. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some rentals are basically designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it is soundside rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and landmarks you are most excited about.
- Rental companies and individual property owners generally offer clients the opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional gas.
General Vacation Rental Information
You might be surprised to discover just how many rental properties are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Owners often choose management companies to assist with online marketing, house cleaning and maintenance.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however many novices will be delighted to realize that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
Finding and reserving the best vacation property:
Before you decide to book "Lindley: Near restaurants, spacious screened porch, rooftop deck.", examine our short checklist of issues to consider.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke vacation homes start booking early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months prior to your vacation. A lot of households decide to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Select your Area and Travel Week
Sometimes, the toughest part of planning your trip is choosing where to search, and when. When the big decisions are tackled, the rest will be more straightforward.
Select a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Generally vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Create a Spending Limit
Confirm that "Lindley: Near restaurants, spacious screened porch, rooftop deck." satisfies your budget *during your desired dates*. If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, confirm that everybody understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. Usually, a single person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your group searching for? Do you primarily desire a vacation rental with a pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Does the unit have bikes and body boards for use during your stay? Make a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. Most vacation home listings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other members of the family visiting with a pet? Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be limited. Ensure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you book!
It Is Time to Search
After the location, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple sources for the best rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local companies often times have an exclusive selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Go Through The Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal fee, visitors must pay local taxes when booking "Lindley: Near restaurants, spacious screened porch, rooftop deck.", in addition to any other additional fees that may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation rental management companies and home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
Once you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Good job on booking your vacation rental! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home right away. Get in touch with the property manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be helpful.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of advice. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Check to make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten items. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Nearly all rental property websites ask for reviews after your stay . Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but honest regarding your experience. The best property owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the situation.
Use Your Experience
Did they enjoy their vacation? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific rental home. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable experience to aid with your next search.
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.0 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles