The Ocracoke Wild Horses, or "Banker Ponies" are easily Ocracoke's oldest residents, and have been plodding along the island for the last few hundred years. These famed horses are arguably one of the island's top attractions, and can be easily admired by any Ocracoke visitor via a quick trip to the National Park Service's Ocracoke Pony Pen.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySea Salt Too offers a pretty combination of old and new. You will adore this two level home located in the trees. For your appreciation, Sea Salt Too offers a first floor office.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with Double and Twin.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV, and a DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone with domestic long distance service. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, sun outdoor space, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Handicap Welcoming - Walk-in Shower on First Floor (not a wide bathroom door). Grab Bar in Second Floor Bath Tub. No Ramp.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Office. Bedroom with Queen Bed. Semi-private hallway bath with shower (bedroom and hallway access). Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with Double bed and Twin bed. Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will offer you promotional travel guide books with deals for accommodations, dining and tours. These guides may provide a great start to your rental search.
- Prefer to avoid the crowds of people? Off-peak times offer sizable discounts.
- Are you a military veteran? A number of management companies offer price cuts to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a special offer.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve specific customers, whether it is oceanside rentals with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a specific Ocracoke activity that you love, search for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer clients the opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any missed as a result of health related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated motel stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental property Advice
You may be shocked to learn just how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to discover a vacation home that fits their expectations and budget.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in helping travellers with booking, check-in, cleaning, and any routine service issues that may arise.
Here are some tips and suggestions to help you navigate the vacation rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and reserve the perfect vacation home:
Do you think "Sea Salt Too: Centrally located in a quiet neighborhood." is the perfect rental for your next getaway? Look over this guide to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke rental homes are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the best choice of properties, we recommend searching and booking your Ocracoke rental home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. A lot of groups choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Select a Village and Date
Sometimes, the hardest part of organizing your vacation is deciding where to search, and when. When the big decisions are tackled, everything else is simplier and easier.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Try to remember that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the company. Most vacation home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Commit to a Spending Limit
The majority of vacation homes are advertised with a cost range. Determine the rate for your chosen stay. It could be at the top end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before booking an expensive vacation property. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your group trying to find? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a vacation property with outside kitchen? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included with your rental fee? Make a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, include that into your search. The majority of rental home postings will include a list of amenities.
Think About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other people in the group travelling with a pup? Even though many vacation rentals permit family pets, rules and costs vary per property. Study your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local companies will often have an exclusive collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an additional night. This is more effective during the off-peak season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Study the Contract
Read through the whole agreement and be certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and individual home owners often offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental cost, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed a result of personal health care emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit right away. We also advise immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any necessary fixes. If there is a dispute about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be valuable.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Residents will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Ensure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites allow renters to offer reviews. If the property and/or property manager was outstanding, they will appreciate your compliments. If something was unsatisfactory and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the property was not as described, you will want to note that as part of your review.
Use Your Experience
Did everybody have a good time? Hopefully this guide helped you find a great vacation rental. If not, you've gained useful experience to help with the next search.
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.1 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.1 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles