- 1 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- CD Player
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
- Parking Off Street
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertySecond Wind bungalow is a real home away from often comment that staying here is like visiting friends.
Great care is taken by the owners to ensure the opulence of every guest. The bungalow is ideal for a couple, or a couple with a modest kid.
It has an open, airy floor plan with tons of windows and two sliding glass doors leading to decks that overlook the canal, a very well-supplied kitchen, and many modest touches that help make your stay more pleasurable. We pride ourselves on offering a tidy, appealing, and well maintained bungalow.
If you've never been to Ocracoke, you're in for a treat. It's one of the most unique places many will have the chance to visit. With 13 miles of pristine beach, it's no wonder it was voted the number one beach in the country in 2007. It's not hard to fall in adore with the smooth going, laid back lifestyle.
If you're in the mood to stay busy, there's tons to do from inshore and offshore fishing with native guides, cycling, raking your own clams, kayaking and parasailing to shopping and trying one of the many great eateries on the island.
If you're more into calming, kick back on the porch in one of our locally made Adirondack chairs and watch egrets, ducks and otters off the back outdoor space, or chill out with a rent or movie from the home.
If you have been here before, there's always a few new places to check out and a chance to rediscover why you came to Ocracoke in the first place.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus offer printed travel guide books with deals for rental properties, dining and attractions. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you willing to shift your trip dates? Shoulder seasons provide outstanding opportunities.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some property management companies provide financial savings to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific groups of travellers. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to nightlife. If there's a particular Ocracoke activity that you love, search for properties that cater especially to you.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to locate a property which matches their wishes and spending budget.
The vast majority of rental homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide hassle-free operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
We've put together a brief guide to help you get the most from your vacation property experience.
Searching for and booking the best rental home:
Before you book "Beautiful Canalfront Cottage, Perfect for Couples!", review our short checklist of things to consider.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke rental properties start booking early. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search Six-12 months in advance of a trip. Many groups choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Choose a Town and Time
Agreement can be tough among relatives, but once this difficult part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
Selecting an Properly-Sized Rental home
Confirm who is traveling, and just how many/what type of bedroom setup you need to have. Keep in mind that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Will the chosen rental fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If multiple groups or relatives are sharing the cost, check that each party knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the group looking for? Is a screened porch a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Does the property have bicycles and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
In some cases the older generation has problems with stairs. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Most rental home listings include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure to include your furry family members. Animal policies are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Be sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies usually have an exclusive collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Read The Contract
Read through the entire contract and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Rental home management companies and rental owners typically offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal hospital emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Vacation Property
After you believe you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Don't forget to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage as soon as you arrive. If you find wear and tear, or if fixes are needed call the rental manager right away. This may prevent disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often, surrounding residences are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check each space of the rental to be sure you've collected all personal belongings.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damages. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Many rental sites request testimonials after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing recommendations. If anything was unsatisfactory and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you should note that in your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. Did they love their stay? If everything was outstanding, next year's vacation planning will be painless. If the rental property was not perfect, and you'll better know how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.4 miles