- 1 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- CD Player
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
- Parking Off Street
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertySecond Wind bungalow is a real home away from often comment that staying here is like visiting friends.
Great care is taken by the owners to ensure the appreciation of every guest. The bungalow is ideal for a couple, or a couple with a modest kid.
It has an open, airy floor plan with tons of windows and two sliding glass doors leading to decks that overlook the canal, a very well-supplied kitchen, and many modest touches that help make your stay more pleasurable. We pride ourselves on offering a tidy, calming, and well maintained bungalow.
If you've never been to Ocracoke, you're in for a treat. It's one of the most unique places many will have the chance to visit. With 13 miles of pristine beach, it's no wonder it was voted the number one beach in the country in 2007. It's not hard to fall in adore with the simple going, laid back lifestyle.
If you're in the mood to stay busy, there's tons to do from inshore and offshore fishing with native guides, cycling, raking your own clams, kayaking and parasailing to shopping and trying one of the many great eateries on the island.
If you're more into appealing, kick back on the porch in one of our locally made Adirondack chairs and watch egrets, ducks and otters off the back outdoor space, or chill out with a rent or movie from the home.
If you have been here before, there's always a few new places to check out and a chance to rediscover why you came to Ocracoke in the first place.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property owners and vacation houses provide Ocracoke area travel guides that feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the management company and the local store itself. Search for these magazines and coupon books, since this allows visitors to take advantage of the same attractions at a possibly considerable discounted.
- Want to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high costs.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for discounted prices. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rental homes are basically catered to specific travelers, whether it is soundside rentals with pier passes, city-center condos with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. You will definitely get the best value from a home that most directly satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners typically offer their customers an opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gas.
The Rental Process
Many people are surprised to discover just how many vacation homes are available in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available makes it possible to find an perfect getaway to accommodate their Ocracoke gang, from tranquil condominiums to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental property experience.
Where to find and book the perfect vacation home:
Before you start to book "Beautiful Canalfront Cottage, Perfect for Couples!", read through our brief list of points to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental..
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Start by figuring out which particular area of Ocracoke you want to browse, and the choose trip dates.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Rental property
How many family members are joining your vacation? Remember that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. If not, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Does your preferred rental home suit your budget during that prime Summer week? Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before reserving an expensive rental. Most rental contracts require a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Requirements"
What home features is your group interested in? Do you just want a rental with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Do you want to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are bed sheets offered with the rental agreement, or will you need to provide your own? Gather a list of "needs and wishes" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
In some cases the elder generation has problems with staircases. Make sure to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Think About Furry Family Members?
Be sure to include your best friend! Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. Study your agreement carefully! Additional charges may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on a first-class rental experience.
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of very similar homes that suit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Read through the Entire Agreement
Read the full agreement and be sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quote includes all taxes and fees.
If you'd like to Cancel
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental home management companies and home owners typically offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To ensure no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also advise immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any fixes. This can protect against conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call eliminates many headaches.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Many times, neighboring homes are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check each room of the vacation property to be sure you've collected all belongings.
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. Whenever possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Just about all property management companies and rental home sites allow travellers to provide comments. If the rental and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything was disagreeable and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the property wasn't as described, you'll want to note that as part of your feedback.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Does everybody want to return next year? If everything was perfect, next year's family vacation planning will be easy. If the property wasn't ideal, and you'll better understand how to improve your search next time.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.5 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.5 miles