The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThe Cedar Cottage is a centrally located dog chummy home offering a calming walk or bicycle ride to village stores, galleries, eateries and Silver Lake Harbor. Relish the rear den including a wall of windows overlooking the marsh. The rear dock offers a platform with salt marsh vistas and a screened gazebo. Unwind on the front porch and watch the world go by in this historic island neighborhood.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: Bedroom with a King bed and bedroom with a Double bed. Futon in den.
Conveniences include air conditioning/heat units, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a covered front porch, hot/cold outdoor shower, screened gazebo and park style charcoal grille.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Chummy - Dogs Only. No Telephone. Limit 1 Car. No additional onsite parking available.
2020 Update: House expected to be raised roughly 5 feet with parking under the home.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Open kitchen and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with a King bed. Bedroom with a Double bed. Den with dining table, TV, and Queen Futon. Bath with tub/shower. Laundry area.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send you guide books with savings for rental homes, restaurants and attractions. Be on the lookout for these publications and coupon books, as this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same wonderful attractions at a generally significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you might take a trip? Shoulder seasons offer phenomenal prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for discounted prices. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Is there a particular experience you are mainly looking forward to ? You will definitely get the most value from a home which most directly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed a result of medical emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental Tips & Tricks
First-timers tend to be surprised at the range and wide variety of weekly rentals available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, clients are certain to select a rental home that fits their wishes and spending plan.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners typically select management companies to manage advertising and marketing, house cleaning and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a few tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most beginners will be delighted to realize that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to search.
Finding and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Before you start to book "The Cedar Cottage: Dog friendly home on British Cemetery Road", read through our brief list of things to consider.
Search Early and Often
Like many desirable hot spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation homes are booked early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation home..
Decide on a Community and Time
Start by picking which particular area of Ocracoke you want to browse, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Select a Size
Establish who is going, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you will need. Remember that many rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. If not, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Spend?
Will the chosen rental fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to reserving an expensive vacation property. Most of the time, one person in the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and getting each party's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your group searching for? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys available as part of your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Do members of your party have special needs? Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure to include your pets. Pets are welcome at many rental properties, but policies differ. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Extra charges may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
After the location, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources to get the best vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local vacation rental management companies proudly offer a first-class vacation experience.
Re-read the description to make certain that the home has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of comparable properties that suit your preferences and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak season offers your best chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Property management companies and individual property owners typically offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides comfort should catastrophe strike.
After you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To make sure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the property. If you find damage, or if repairs are needed get in touch with the rental manager right away.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Please be respectful of the community. Residents will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten items. Check bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for property damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Nearly all rental property web sites request testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for glowing critiques. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but honest with regards to rental experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to fix the situation.
Learn from your Experience
How did they like the property? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific rental. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience to help with another search.
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.2 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.3 miles