The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThe Cedar Cottage is a centrally located dog welcoming home offering a peaceful walk or bicycle ride to village stores, galleries, eateries and Silver Lake Harbor. Adore the rear den including a wall of windows overlooking the marsh. The rear dock offers a platform with salt marsh vistas and a screened gazebo. Unwind on the front porch and watch the world go by in this historic island neighborhood.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: Bedroom with a King bed and bedroom with a Double bed. Futon in den.
Conveniences include air conditioning/heat units, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a covered front porch, hot/cold outdoor shower, screened gazebo and park style charcoal grille.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Helpful - Dogs Only. Limit 1 Car. No additional onsite parking available.
2020 Update: House expected to be raised roughly 5 feet with parking under the home.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Open kitchen and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with a King bed. Bedroom with a Double bed. Den with dining table, TV, and Queen Futon. Bath with tub/shower. Laundry area.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many rental owners and vacation properties supply Ocracoke area promotional travel books which include money-saving offers, either offered individually by vendors, or via a relationship between the management company and the local business itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Willing to switch your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer fantastic rates on daily rental accommodations.
- Several vacation rental companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or repeat individuals to the same property. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Is there a particular experience you are mainly longing for ? You'll receive the most value from a home that most directly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are surprised to discover just how many rental properties are located in their area of interest. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners because they coordinate the online marketing and operations..
We have constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
How to find and book the right vacation rental:
Do you think "The Cedar Cottage: Dog friendly home on British Cemetery Road" is the best rental home for your upcoming getaway? Read through this check list to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke rentals start booking early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Many visitors decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Start by choosing which particular area of Ocracoke you'd like to visit, and the determine travel dates.
Just How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. If not, get in touch with the property owner before you book.
What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Does your preferred rental home fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking a costly vacation property. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What property features is the family interested in? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Does the rental have bicycles and body boards available as part of your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Proper accessibility can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure you include your furry family members. Animal friends are welcome at a number of rentals, but guidelines can vary. Read your contract thoroughly! Service fees may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Besides having exclusive rental properties, local agencies provide you with superb service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've located your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Your easiest chance of a lower rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Entire Contract
You will want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal hospital emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Good job on booking your vacation home! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, property access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many hassles.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Permanent residents probably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for shopping?
- Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental to make sure you've packed all possessions.
- When your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all rental management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to provide comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but genuine with regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will try very hard to correct the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your family. Did everybody have a great time? If everything was exceptional, next year's trip planning will be simple and easy. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that will help with another search.
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.4 miles