- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Broadband Access
- CD Player
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Free Long Distance
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Parking Off Street
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom modern home with open floor plan is ideal for family gatherings. Relish your cup of coffee on the copious screened porch located in the trees, or prepare your new local seafood feast in the well supplied kitchen.
If you know the Outer Banks, then you know that Ocracoke Island is the "Pearl" of the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. This home is centrally located on a dead end street within walking/cycling distance to everything in the village. Only a brief bicycle ride or drive, and you will find yourself on one of the most beautiful beaches in the country. Also we are just a day trip away from Hatteras Island and Nags Head!
The master bedroom has a king and private bath. The second bedroom has a queen, twin trundle bed, and a twin bed in loft. The third bedroom has a full bed. Linens are not included but are available on the island for rental.
Gulf stream fishing is one of the more impressive activities you can experience on your Ocracoke holiday. If you plan to bring along your own boat, we can help coordinate deep water dockage in Silver Lake Harbor for an additional fee.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus offer printed guide books with special deals for lodging, restaurants and tours. Search for these catalogs and coupon books, because this allows vacationers to enjoy the same wonderful activities with a typically considerable discounted.
- Are you willing to modify your travel dates? Shoulder seasons special offer outstanding savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for price reductions. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some rentals are basically designed to serve specific customers, whether it's soundside homes with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. You will definitely get the most value from a home which most closely satisfies your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their customers the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed as a consequence of health related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Tips & Tricks
Many people are shocked to discover the number of properties are located in Ocracoke. With such a wide selection, renters are sure to come across a rental home that fits their expectations and spending budget.
Vacation homes are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and knowledge to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
We've constructed a short guide to help you get the most from your rental property experience.
Finding and booking the best rental:
Before you start to book "Beautiful Island Home", review our brief checklist of factors to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Ocracoke vacation rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental home 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental home..
Decide on a Community and Time
Quite often, the most challenging part of planning your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be simplier and easier.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Vacation rental
Establish who is going, and how many/what type of bedroom setup you need to have. Consider that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. If not, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
Create a Spending Limit
Many vacation rentals are presented with a cost range. Determine the rate for your preferred trip. It may be at the high end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before reserving a costly vacation property. One individual in your group needs to be responsible for getting repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental price at time of booking.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What home features is your family trying to find? Do you primarily want a vacation home with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Do you want to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are sheets included with the rental contract, or do you need to bring your own? Create a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Grandma and Grandpa will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Don't forget to include your companion! Animal policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. Many constraints could dismiss a potential rental home. Study your agreement very carefully! Fees may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Best places to Search
As soon as the area, dates and people are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Besides offering exceptional properties, local companies offer you excellent service..
When you have identified your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your best chance of a reduced rate will be switching to an off-season week.
Study the Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
Once you think you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations on booking your vacation rental! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damage as soon as you arrive. We also advise immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any required repairs. This can prevent disputes during check out.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many hassles.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Make certain to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to make certain you've gathered all valuables.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and check for damages. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Most rental home web sites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but sincere with regards to rental experience. The best owners and managers will work very hard to rectify the problem.
Use Your Experience
Did everyone have a good time? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation home. Otherwise, you've gained valuable rental search experience that can help with another search.
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.2 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles