The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyAppreciate this unique and appealing bungalow in the community of Sunset Village. Ideal for a peaceful Ocracoke holiday getaway. Reminiscent of a New England style coastal bungalow, the separate kitchen/living room and dining area add to the glamour. Great for a modest family or couples who savor privacy. Adore this appealingly furbished bungalow.
2 Bedrooms 1.5 Baths: 1 with Queen, 1 with Double. A modest loft in the living area with ladder access offers a Twin bed. The full bath with tub/shower is located in the rear sleeping area. A half bath is located in the front living area.
Conveniences include: Front living area offers a window air conditioning unit and 2 ceiling fans. The rear building offers wall AC units in bedrooms and electric baseboard heat in the den. Wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs and DVD player. Washer and dryer. The kitchen offers a microwave. Telephone with domestic long distance service.
The exterior offers two decks, screened porch, hot/cold outdoor shower and fish cleaning bench.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single Story Home with Two Separate Cottage Wings
Front Building: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Second floor Loft with Twin bed accessed by ladder. Half Bath.
Rear Building: Living Area with TV/DVD/VCR. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with Double bed. Bathroom with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many tourism bureaus offer guide books with deals for lodging, dining and activities. Search for these guides and coupon books, because this allows vacation goers to enjoy the same terrific attractions with a frequently significantly discounted.
- Can you move your vacation week? Shoulder seasons special offer amazing prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get special discounts. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Is there a specific experience that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? You'll receive the most value from a home which most directly satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Rental companies and individual home owners often offer clients the option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
General Rental property Information
You might be surprised to learn how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners because they coordinate the promotion and operations..
We have assembled a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the right rental property:
Do you think "Shrimp House: New England coastal style cottage, unique layout." is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming family vacation? Read this guide to make sure it fits your preferences.
Search Early and Frequently
Ocracoke rental homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the very best choice of vacation homes, we recommend searching and booking your Ocracoke rental Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Holiday reunions are a great time for families to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Decide on a Community and Time
Start by figuring out which particular area of Ocracoke you prefer to explore, and the determine trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Establish who is traveling, and just how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Consider that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Generally rental listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Shell out?
Make sure that "Shrimp House: New England coastal style cottage, unique layout." fits your price range *during your desired week*. If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. Typically, just one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and getting each party's contribution.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is the family trying to find? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included with your rental charge? Gather a list of "necessities and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Optimal access can make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Remember to include your furrry friends. Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. Many limitations could dismiss a potential vacation property. Study your contract very carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Its Time to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local property management companies proudly offer a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental management company may know of similar homes that suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Entire Agreement
Read through the entire agreement and be certain you understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you must Cancel
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation rental management companies and home owners commonly offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives comfort should disaster strike.
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your observations.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Residents should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Make sure to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to ensure that you've gathered all personal belongings.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Nearly all rental management company web sites request reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If anything went wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to note that in your critique.
Use Your Experience
Does everyone want to return next year? If everything was exceptional, next year's trip planning will be simple and easy. If not, you've acquired invaluable experience that can help with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.3 miles