- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWell-appointed, radiant, family-neighborly, Ocracoke Island home. Relaxed. Simple. A comfortable getaway for a couple or modest family.
Located on a dead-end street, this home sits on six tons near the end of Sea View Road with a giant grassy yard and shady cedar trees. The children can ride their bicycles and run around outdoor. You can sit and watch the sunrise while feathered friends dart and sing. Step out onto the porch at nighttime in a neighborhood with little light pollution and look up at the magnificence of the heavens above.
Centrally located, it’s an smooth walk to the Village and for those that relish cycling about a 15 min. bicycle ride to the Lifeguard Beach. Walk to the grocery store, the ice cream parlor, many eateries, and coffee stores for a delicious frothy fix. Biking and walking are the best way to travel around Ocracoke Village.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: 1 with Queen (with both pillow top and memory foam topper - you may want to bring a deep pocket sheet) and 1 with two Twins (one with memory-foam topper). Bathroom has tub/shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, 40” Intelligent TV, cable service, blu-ray DVD player and wireless internet access. Thoroughly-appointed kitchen includes dishwasher, microwave, blender and most everything needed to prepare and bake. Telephone, full-sized washer/dryer, iron and ironing board.
The exterior offers a colossal yard with great lawn for outdoor activities, front and rear outdoor space, enclosed hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and clothes line.
*This home does not give linens. (Queen Bed requires deep-pocketed sheets).
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 Vehicles.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
What's New for 2020: Remodeled kitchen including new cabinets and new kitchen appliances. New full size washer and dryer. Additional storage. New floor all through the home. New furnishings all over the home, with minor exceptions. Updated bathroom. Sutton Place has a Saturday check-in day.
Single story home: Open floor plan with kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV. Bedroom with two Twin Beds. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet with washer and dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and rental homes supply Ocracoke area discount catalogs which feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the property manager and the store itself. These guides may provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Is it possible to move your vacation week? Off-peak times offer up sizeable savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for unique discounts. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a discount.
- Is there a certain activity that you are most longing for during your stay? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and sight-seeing opportunities you are most looking forward to.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to discover the number of vacation homes are located in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, technology and practical knowledge to provide painless operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some tips and strategies to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the best vacation property:
Before you start to book "Sutton Place: Large yard perfect for outdoor activities.", review our short list of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many desirable destinations, In Ocracoke the best rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental..
Select your Place and Vacation Week
Consensus can be challenging between family members, but once this difficult part is complete everything will quickly fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. If not, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Will the chosen vacation property suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a pricey rental. Usually, one member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and getting each party's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family looking for? Are you looking for a rental home with outdoor dining area? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Create a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Occasionally the elder generation has problems with stairways. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Animal guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Many restrictions may possibly eliminate a prospective vacation property. Read your contract very carefully! Additional charges may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Start the Search
As soon as the location, time and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the very best rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local companies often times have a unique selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental home has everything that you need. If lacking, the property management company may know of very similar homes that better fit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-peak season when many homes sit empty.
Go Through The Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your price includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides peace of mind should disaster strike.
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damage as soon as you arrive. If you discover damages, or if repairs are needed call the property manager immediately. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be valuable.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, condo access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A quick phone call avoids many complications.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Residents will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip a lot more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Although you're having to pay a house cleaning fee, The rental home should really be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks full of dirty dishes, surplus beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be taken care of prior to leaving.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damages. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Virtually all rental home sites ask for feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you should make it a point in your feedback.
Hold a meeting with your family. Did everyone have a blast? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic rental. If the property was not perfect, and you'll better know how to perfect your search next time.
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.3 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles