- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyStay in this comfort, roomy and environmentally responsible home with many green includes. Three enormous bedrooms, each with its own bathroom, two living rooms, open plan accommodation, modern kitchen, high end appliances, bar area with seating for 6, completely supplied second kitchenette, sizable screened porch, 4 outdoor space areas to follow the sun, one of which has a gas grille.
To make your stay as calming as possible we give 6 beach chairs, beach umbrella, cooler, a variety of surfboards and a kayak (used at own risk).
Linens NOT supplied, but they are available to rent on the Island. Come with or rent your own towels.
Golf carts have become a famed method of transport around the village. Ask us about units and delivery to the home.
We can offer help with:-
• 4x4 rental
• Bicycle rental
• Linen and towel rental
• Dock rental
• Collection from Ocracoke Airport
• Membership of Ocracoke's newest gym
• Fishing trips
• Any other requests - Just ask and we'll try to help.
If you have found your way to Ocracoke on this website, I'm sure you will have read descriptions of how sensational the island is, or maybe you have already visited.
After 15 yrs. experience of building eco-amiable homes, our new Ocracoke home has been constructed with as many 'green' includes as possible. These includes include 'energy star' appliances, bamboo floors, carpet by 'Flor' made from recycled materials, recycled glass tile in showers, slate counters/splashbacks, 'water sense' reviewed showers faucets and toilets, on-demand water heater, split system HVAC accepts individual room control, HardiePanel siding, and constructed from sustainable forested lumber. We have chosen to include feature walls of washed wood in the dining and living areas and unique touches that make it our home, with a modern aesthetic that bring coastal living into the 21st century. We have made sure the windows made the most of the light and warmth, privacy and ambience.
The layout provides 3 huge bedrooms, each with its own bathroom, an open plan living/kitchen/dining area...and then a additional of another living room with a thoroughly supplied kitchenette. Outside has 4 decks to follow the sun all through the day and a very sizable screened porch with a family size table and chairs which is a stimulating place to eat in the summer evenings. There are also 2 outdoor showers, one of which is constructed into an existing tree for a unique 'natural' experience (outdoor showers not available in winter!).
The home is in a peaceful, central location but close to everything. We are equidistant between the village and the beach. This really fabulous home is just a brief walk to the Coffee Shop and other village stores and eateries.
The home is WiFi and has ipod dock stereos and 3 flat screen TV's.
A kayak and a variety of surfboards are included with the home, which you use at your own risk.
If you want to make a reservation and you are under 25 years old please contact the owners about the possibilities. Please e-mail us for accurate pricing.
Keywords: Detached House
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel discount books that feature money-saving coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or via a relationship between the management company and the local store itself. Keep an eye out for these guides and coupon books, since this allows vacationers to enjoy those activities at a substantial discounted.
- Could you alter your trip dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Many management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran men and women of the US Armed forces, or returning travelers of the same rental. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a discount.
- Some properties are particularly suited for specific types of visitors. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some homes appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to night life. If there's a particular Ocracoke atteaction that you just love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed resulting from medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Some people are surprised to discover the number of rental properties are offered in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an optimum getaway to suit their Ocracoke group, from restful condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners mainly because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
We've developed a short guide to assist you in getting most from your rental experience.
Where to find and book the perfect vacation home:
Before you decide to book "Luxury, Spacious and Eco-Friendly Home, Central Location - (good pets!)", review our short checklist of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke rental properties are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the best choice of rental homes, we recommend searching and booking your Ocracoke getaway 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. A lot of households choose to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Choose a Village and Time
Oftentimes, the toughest part of planning your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be more straightforward.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is going, and how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you will need. Bear in mind that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Spend?
Will the preferred rental property fit your budget during that popular Summer week? If multiple individuals or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental documents call for a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Vacation home Features
What home features is the family trying to find? Do you only desire a home with a swimming pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Does the unit need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or close to restaurants? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Sometimes the senior generation has trouble with stairs. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, include that into your search. Nearly all property listings will include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Do not forget to include your best friend! Pets are welcome at a number of rental properties, but guidelines differ. Make certain you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match vacationers with rental home owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies pride themselves on a top-quality vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the vacation rental has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the rental management company might know of comparable homes that suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your greatest potential for a lower rate will be changing to an off-season week.
Read the Entire Contract
Read through the complete contract and make certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives comfort should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest storing the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit right away. Contact the rental manager right away to report your observations. If there is a dispute about liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be valuable.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or spa. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call prevents many head aches.
- Be considerate of the local community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Nearly all rental management company sites ask for feedback after your stay is complete. Property owners and property managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but sincere about your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try hard to solve the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did everyone have a great time? With some luck everything ended up being wonderful and you are ready to reserve the same rental home for your next vacation. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable experience that will help with another search.
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.0 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.1 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.1 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.1 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.1 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.1 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles