The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySavor this big and appealing home located in a residential neighborhood on Ocracoke Island. Both a living area and den give a great holiday hideaway for family and friends.
3 Master Bedrooms each with Private Bath: 2 Bedrooms each with a King, 1 bedroom with Double Bed and Trundle (2 Twins).
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs, DVD, Blu-Ray DVD, and Nintendo Wii. The den includes a pool table and foosball table. The kitchen offers a microwave, dishwasher, wine refrigerator and both a Keurig and standard coffee maker. Telephone with domestic long distance service. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play. High chair.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a outdoor space, huge front yard, hammock, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Modest fenced area for dogs. Covered parking for two cars.
2 kayaks and 1 canoe. Three rolling carts are included for transport to water access at the end of the street. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be joyful to assist.
No Smoking. Pet Chummy - Dogs Only.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Living Room with TV/DVD. Eat-in Kitchen. Den/Game Room. Master Bedroom with King bed, TV, and Master Bath with tub/shower. Laundry closet.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed, TV, and Master Bath with tub/shower. Master Bedroom with Double bed and Trundle Bed (two twins), TV, and Master Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Many management companies and rental properties supply Ocracoke area printed travel magazines that feature deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Want to stay away from the crowds? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer phenomenal rates on rental properties.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning guests to the same rental home. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some rental properties are basically designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it is oceanside units with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a particular Ocracoke atteaction that you just love, keep an eye out for properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed resulting from personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Advice
Some people are shocked to learn the number of properties are located in Ocracoke. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners frequently choose management companies to assist with promoting and advertising, house cleaning and routine maintenance.
We've constructed a short guide to help you get the most from your rental home experience.
Where to find and book the perfect rental home:
Before you book "Stranded On Purpose: Spacious dog friendly, pool table, foosball.", read through our short checklist of points to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Ocracoke vacation homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for families to plan their Summer trips..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Ocracoke you'd like to explore, and the approximate trip dates.
Selecting an Adequately-Sized Rental
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your party. Generally vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Commit to a Budget
The majority of rentals are marketed with a cost range. Determine the rate for your chosen week. It may be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to booking a pricey vacation property. Usually, a single member of the group will be liable for making the full reservation and getting each person's share.
Rental Home Features
What property features is the family searching for? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Will the home have bicycles and body boards available for use throughout your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Suitable access can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other individuals in the family traveling with a furry companion? Although many rental homes allow animals, guidelines and fees fluctuate per property. A number of limitations may eliminate a potential rental property. Read your contract thoroughly! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
Many internet resources exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a superior vacation experience.
Re-read the description to be certain the rental has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company might know of comparable properties that better suit your desires and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Agreement
Read the full agreement and be sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Property management companies and individual home owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed due to personal health care emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the property owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats on booking your rental! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To ensure no damages are attributed to your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you find damage, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the rental manager immediately.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. More often than not, nearby residences are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each room of the rental property to make sure that you've gathered all belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for property damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit travellers to give feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you will want to note that in your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Did they feel about the rental choice? Hopefully this guide steered you to a great vacation rental. Otherwise, you have gained valuable experience to aid with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.5 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.5 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.5 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.5 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.5 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles