Ocracoke's long history has some interesting highlights, but none of the local legends and legacies are as far-reaching or as popular as the island's local pirates. As the temporary home to a crew of notorious buccaneers, including Blackbeard himself, Ocracoke is the destination of choice for pirate lovers who want to explore the stomping grounds of the island's most notorious residents.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyRelish this enormous and peaceful home located in a residential neighborhood on Ocracoke Island. Both a living area and den give a great holiday hideaway for family and friends.
3 Master Bedrooms each with Private Bath: 2 Bedrooms each with a King, 1 bedroom with Double Bed and Trundle (2 Twins).
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs, DVD, Blu-Ray DVD, and Nintendo Wii. The den includes a pool table and foosball table. The kitchen offers a microwave, dishwasher, wine refrigerator and both a Keurig and standard coffee maker. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play. High chair.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a outdoor space, enormous front yard, hammock, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Modest fenced area for dogs. Covered parking for two cars.
2 kayaks and 1 canoe. Three rolling carts are supplied for transport to water access at the end of the street. Life jackets are not included, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be joyful to assist.
No Smoking. Pet Affable - Dogs Only.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Living Room with TV/DVD. Eat-in Kitchen. Den/Game Room. Master Bedroom with King bed, TV, and Master Bath with tub/shower. Laundry closet.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed, TV, and Master Bath with tub/shower. Master Bedroom with Double bed and Trundle Bed (two twins), TV, and Master Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many established tourism bureaus will send you printed travel guide books with special packages for rental homes, restaurants and tours. Keep an eye out for these books and coupon books, as this allows vacationers to take advantage of those activities at a generally significantly discounted.
- In a position to modify your travel week? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran members of the Armed forces, or repeat individuals to the same rental home. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a markdown.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific types of travellers. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are situated close to night life. If there's a certain Ocracoke activity which you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Consider getting trip insurance along with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed resulting from medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Vacation Rental Information
Newcomers are oftentimes shocked at the range and selection of weekly rental homes available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to discover a rental which fits their expectations and price range.
The vast majority of rental homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and knowledge to provide easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
We have put together a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation property experience.
How to find and book a great vacation rental:
Do you believe "Stranded On Purpose: Spacious dog friendly, pool table, foosball." is the perfect rental property for your upcoming family vacation? Browse through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the best selection of vacation homes, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke vacation home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. A lot of families choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Settle on your Area and Travel Week
Consensus can be tough between members of the family, but once this complicated part is complete everything will begin to fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are joining your getaway? Be mindful that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for the party. Generally rental home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Make sure "Stranded On Purpose: Spacious dog friendly, pool table, foosball." works with your budget *during your desired week*. If several individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure everybody understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. One individual in your group needs to be responsible for gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of reservation.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your group searching for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Are items like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental property charge? Make a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Adequate accessibility can make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Almost all property listings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Remember to include your companion! While many rental homes permit pets or animals, rules and fees fluctuate per rental. Many constraints may possibly eliminate a prospective rental home. Read your contract very carefully! Extra fees may apply when animals are included.
Start the Search
When the area, time and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on an exceptional vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the rental has everything required. If something is missing, the property management company may know of comparable homes that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Entire Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular price, travelers have to pay local taxes when booking "Stranded On Purpose: Spacious dog friendly, pool table, foosball.", in addition to any other fees which might be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your vacation rental! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any critical fixes. This can prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. More often than not, surrounding households are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay a lot more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, decks, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Virtually all rental management company sites ask for reviews after your stay . Property owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing reviews. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but sincere with regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to solve the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your family. Did everyone have a great time? If everything was exceptional, next year's vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.5 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.5 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.5 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.5 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.5 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.6 miles