- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyLocated in the center of Ocracoke Village atop Thai Moon Restaurant and School Road Deli in Spencer's Market and within walking distance to eateries, stores and entertainment. Moonshine is the ideal charming hideaway for two! Located in the oak trees, Moonshine visitors can relax on the screened porch as the wind rustles through the leaves. Unwind in the hottub tub or wash away the stresses of the day in the sizable enclosed steam shower. With tons of windows to let in the sunshine, and high ceilings and open spaces Moonshine is the ideal, opulent getaway.
As an added additional, visitors of Moonshine will also have the use of a two person electric golf cart. What a great eco-helpful way to get around on Ocracoke! Great village transportation for visitors arriving by boat, plane or easily looking for a fun way to get around town.
1 Bedroom with King, 1 Bath with whirlpool tub and huge steam shower.
Conveniences include: AC/H units, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. No Telephone.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
Shared Washer/Dryer is available for Moonshine visitors and is located on the first floor at Spencer's Market in the back of the middle yellow building.
The exterior offers a screened porch with outdoor space swing, Weber charcoal grille and hot/cold outdoor shower.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. No more than 2 people allowed, including children. Limit of 1 car.
No Partial Week Stays.
Second floor single story studio: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/VCR. Sleeping area with King, TV. Bath with whirlpool tub and steam shower.
Ground Level Exterior: Shared laundry room.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you promotional guide books with special offers for property management companies, dining and activities. Look for these guides and promotional books, as this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same wonderful activities with a often significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you might take a trip? Shoulder seasons feature incredible opportunities.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for discounted prices. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Is there a particular activity you are most anticipating during your stay? You'll get the most value from a rental which most thoroughly suits your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Rental companies and individual home owners frequently offer customers the chance to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of health-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
Newcomers are sometimes shocked at the range and selection of short-term vacation rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, technology and practical experience to provide simple and easy operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Here are some tips and methods to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental home:
Before you decide to book "Moonshine: Nestled in the oaks, guests can relax on the screened porch", read through our short checklist of factors to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best rental homes are booked very early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental home..
Choose your Place and Travel Week
Begin by deciding which specific area of Ocracoke you'd like to browse, and the determine travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Keep in mind that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Generally rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Most vacation homes are marketed with a price range. Confirm the cost for your preferred week. It may be at the top end of the range. If several groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure each group understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. A single member of your group will need to be in charge of gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Needs"
What amenities is your group searching for? Do you only want a vacation rental with a swimming pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Will the home have bikes and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Elderly family members will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condo on the Third floor. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Be sure to include your best friend! Pet policies are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of animal, size and breeds can be restricted. Examine your contract very carefully! Fees may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Many internet resources exist to match visitors with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local companies frequently have an exclusive collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to ensure that the property has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the rental management company might know of comparable properties that better suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an additional night. This is more effective throughout the off-peak season when many properties sit vacant.
Read the Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other extra fees.
If you need to Cancel
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed due to personal health related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
After you think you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Make sure to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest storing the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage right after you arrive. Call the property manager right away to report your findings.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check each space of the rental home to confirm you've gathered all possessions.
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to confirm no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Virtually all rental property sites ask for reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for positive reviews. If something was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you will want to make it a point in your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did everyone have a great time? With some luck everything ended up being outstanding and you're all set to reserve the rental home for next year. If not, you have acquired invaluable rental search experience to aid with your next search.
- Thai Moon - 0.0 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.0 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.2 miles