The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 8 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySavor the ideal Ocracoke holiday home for enormous families, Two If By Sea combined (WP18 and WP19). This roomy holiday home offers an open floor plan including a living, dining and kitchen on each floor. 8 Bedrooms, 4 Full and 4 Half Baths.
This refined and gorgeously furbished unit offers two levels of decks offering vistas of Silver Lake Harbor which is located directly across the street. This unit includes shared boat dockage accommodating up to two 40’ boats. On the corner of Silver Lake Drive and Creek Road, the Two If By Sea units offer a brief walk or bicycle ride to the Lighthouse, Springer's Point Nature Preserve, and many fabulous eateries and stores. Appreciate a phenomenal view of the harbor along with many spectacular Ocracoke sunsets.
WP18 offers reverse living to take advantage of remarkable vistas - your living area and kitchen is on the second floor as are two of the four huge, appealing bedrooms. Two additional bedrooms are located on the first floor.
WP19 offers a traditional floor plan with the living area and kitchen on the first floor along with two generous, peaceful bedrooms. Two additional bedrooms are located on the second floor.
A holiday combining both units (WP1819) includes a savings of 10% off the base rent of the individual units.
The combination of WP18 and WP19, provides 8 bedrooms, sleeping for 16 and offers 2 full kitchens, 4 full bathrooms and 4 half baths along with a plethora of other niceties!
8 bedrooms: 2 bedrooms with a King bed, 6 bedrooms with a Queen bed. Four Jack and Jill Baths (equals 8 Half Baths and four tub/showers).
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 8 cable TVs, and 2 DVD players. Each living area offers a gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). The kitchens offers a microwave and dishwasher. Phones. Two washers and two dryers.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers shared docking with water service (no electricity), porches and decks with water vistas, two hot/cold outdoor showers and two park style charcoal grilles.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 4 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
WP18 – Reverse Floor Plan
First Floor: Two Bedrooms, each with a Queen Bed, TV, and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with King bed and Bedroom with Queen bed (with TV) and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom.
WP19 – Traditional Floor Plan
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Bedroom with King bed and Bedroom with Queen bed (with TV) and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Two Bedrooms, each with a Queen Bed and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many management companies and rental homes supply Ocracoke area travel books which feature coupons, either offered independently by vendors, or via a partnership between the property manager and the local merchant itself. Be on the lookout for these publications and discount books, as this allows vacation goers to experience the very same great activities at a considerable discounted.
- Could you change your dates? Off-peak times provide sizable bargains.
- Many property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning travelers of the same rental home. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a markdown.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular types of visitors. Large event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to nightlife. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the family activities and interesting attractions you are most interested in.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance along with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed as a consequence of medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
You might be pleasantly surprised to discover how many rental properties are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, systems and working experience to provide hassle-free operational management on behalf of the owner..
Below are some tips and suggestions to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
How to find and book the right vacation home:
Before you decide to book "Two If By Sea I and II: Larger home with fabulous views of Silver Lake", review our brief collection of factors to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, whenever possible. A lot of groups plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Choose your Area and Vacation Week
Sometimes, the toughest part of preparing for your trip is deciding where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, the rest becomes much easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Be mindful that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the company. Most vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Determine Your Budget
Many vacation rentals are presented with a price range. Determine the price for your chosen trip. It could be at the high end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before booking an expensive rental property. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Make a List of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What amenities is your group interested in? Is a screened porch a necessity? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, in town, or near restaurants? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental rate? Make a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Often times the elder generation has challenges with staircases. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, factor that into your search. Most rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Remember to include your furrry friends. While a number of vacation homes permit pets, rules and costs vary per rental. Many constraints may possibly eliminate a prospective vacation property. Be sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when animals are included. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from having exclusive properties, local agencies provide you with top-notch service..
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental has everything you need. If lacking, the property management company might know of similar homes that better suit your wishes and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is more effective through the off-season when many properties sit vacant.
Study the Agreement
You should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard rental home rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal hospital emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
After you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Remember to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are attributed to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the rental manager immediately. This may prevent disputes during check out.
- You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or spa. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a visit a lot more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Always make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. If it is possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many rental home management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for travellers to provide comments. If your property and/or property manager was top notch, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If something was unsatisfactory and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point in your critique.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Does everyone want to go back? We hope this guide steered you to a great rental home. If not, you've gained valuable rental search experience that will help with the next search.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.0 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.0 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Company - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Seafood Co. - 0.2 miles