- 8 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyAdore the ideal Ocracoke holiday home for huge families, Two If By Sea combined (WP18 and WP19). This cavernous holiday home offers an open floor plan including a living, dining and kitchen on each floor. 8 Bedrooms, 4 Full and 4 Half Baths.
This chic and attractively finished unit offers two levels of decks offering vistas of Silver Lake Harbor which is located directly across the street. This unit includes shared boat dockage accommodating up to two 40’ boats. On the corner of Silver Lake Drive and Creek Road, the Two If By Sea units offer a brief walk or bicycle ride to the Lighthouse, Springer's Point Nature Preserve, and many phenomenal eateries and stores. Appreciate a ridiculous view of the harbor along with many spectacular Ocracoke sunsets.
WP18 offers reverse living to take advantage of astonishing vistas - your living area and kitchen is on the second floor as are two of the four generous, peaceful bedrooms. Two additional bedrooms are located on the first floor.
WP19 offers a traditional floor plan with the living area and kitchen on the first floor along with two sizable, calming bedrooms. Two additional bedrooms are located on the second floor.
A holiday combining both units (WP1819) includes a savings of 10% off the base rent of the individual units.
The combination of WP18 and WP19, provides 8 bedrooms, sleeping for 16 and offers 2 full kitchens, 4 full bathrooms and 4 half baths along with a plethora of other luxuries!
8 bedrooms: 2 bedrooms with a King bed, 6 bedrooms with a Queen bed. Four Jack and Jill Baths (equals 8 Half Baths and four tub/showers).
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 8 cable TVs, and 2 DVD players. Each living area offers a gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). The kitchens offers a microwave and dishwasher. Two washers and two dryers.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers shared docking with water service (no electricity), porches and decks with water vistas, two hot/cold outdoor showers and two park style charcoal grilles.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 4 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
WP18 – Reverse Floor Plan
First Floor: Two Bedrooms, each with a Queen Bed, TV, and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with King bed and Bedroom with Queen bed (with TV) and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom.
WP19 – Traditional Floor Plan
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Bedroom with King bed and Bedroom with Queen bed (with TV) and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Two Bedrooms, each with a Queen Bed and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will offer you travel guide books with special offers for accommodations, dining and tours. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Are the travel dates changeable? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some management companies provide discounted prices to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a specific experience that you are most getting excited about ? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Management companies and individual home owners typically offer their clients an opportunity to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any missed due to health related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
Some people are surprised to learn how many rental properties are available in Ocracoke. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to suit their Ocracoke gang, from quiet condos to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by owners mainly because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Below are some tips and methods to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
How to find and reserve the best vacation rental:
Do you think "Two If By Sea I and II: Larger home with fabulous views of Silver Lake" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming family vacation? Look over this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rentals book months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. A lot of households decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Begin by figuring out which specific area of Ocracoke you prefer to browse, and the approximate travel dates.
How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you will need. Consider that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is suitable for the group. Most rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Decide on Your Budget
Will the preferred rental home fit your budget during that popular Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before booking an expensive rental home. Most rental agreements require a single person to be responsible for the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is your family looking for? Do you just want a rental home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or close to wildlife? Are bedsheets offered with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Create a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condo on the Third floor. Make sure you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Do not forget to include your companion! Animal guidelines are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Make sure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included.
Best places to Search
A number of websites exist to match renters with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies often have a unique assortment of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the rental has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the home management company may know of similar homes that suit your desires and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read Through The Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal hospital emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
Once you think you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest storing the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. If you find property damage, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the property manager right away. If there is a dispute about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts could be very helpful.
- You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a visit substantially more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction.
- Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check every space of the vacation property to make certain that you've packed all valuables.
- As soon as everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Many vacation rental management companies and rental home sites allow renters to give comments. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your praise. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but genuine with regards to experience. The best owners and managers will try hard to solve the problem.
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. How did they like the property? Maybe everything ended up being wonderful and you are excited to re-book the same property for your next vacation. Maybe the rental wasn't ideal, and you'll better know how to refine your search for the next vacation.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles