- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis delightful and attractively furbished Ocracoke Island home is part of a duplex located directly across the street from Silver Lake Harbor. This unit includes shared boat dockage for up to a 40’ boat. On the corner of Silver Lake Drive and Creek Road, Two If By Sea is just a brief walk or bicycle ride to the Lighthouse, Springer's Point Nature Preserve, and many outstanding eateries and stores. Savor the magnificent view of the harbor along with Ocracoke's spectacular sunsets.
This home offers reverse living so as to take advantage of these phenomenal vistas - your living area and kitchen is on the second floor as are two of the four enormous, peaceful bedrooms.
Save 10% off the base rent if you reserve both WP18 and WP19 for the same week! You must call the office upon renting to receive your discount.
The combination of WP18 and WP19, provides 8 bedrooms, sleeping for 16 and offers 2 full kitchens, 4 full bathrooms and 4 half baths along with a plethora of other amenities!
4 bedrooms: 1 with King, 3 with Queen. Two Jack and Jill Baths (equals 4 half baths and two tub/showers).
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs, and 1 DVD player. Gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers shared docking with water service (no electricity), porches and outdoor space with water vistas, hot/cold outdoor shower and park style charcoal grille.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Two Bedrooms, each with a Queen Bed, TV, and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with King bed. Bedroom with Queen bed (with TV) and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send you printed travel guides with special deals for rental homes, restaurants and activities. Be on the lookout for these publications and discount books, because this allows vacationers to experience those great activities at a frequently substantial discounted.
- Flexible about when you can take a trip? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for discounts. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a discount.
- Some rental homes are essentially designed to serve specific clients, whether it's soundside homes with pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. If there's a particular Ocracoke activity that you just love, look for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Think about getting trip insurance with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gas.
General Rental Home Advice
Newcomers are sometimes surprised at the number and variety of daily, weekly and monthly rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an optimum getaway to suit their Ocracoke crew, from peaceful condos to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and working experience to provide easy operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
Where to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Before you start to book "Two If By Sea I: Fabulous views of Silver Lake Harbor.", review our brief list of considerations.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke rental properties start booking very early. To guarantee the greatest choice of properties, we advise searching and booking your Ocracoke getaway 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Many visitors decide to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Choose a Village and Date
Oftentimes, the hardest portion of preparing for your vacation is deciding where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, the rest will be much easier.
How Many Beds?
Establish who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Keep in mind that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for your party. Generally rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Make sure "Two If By Sea I: Fabulous views of Silver Lake Harbor." suits your budget *during your desired dates*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company well before booking an expensive rental property. Normally, just one person in the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is your family looking for? Do you only want a rental with a pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Does the unit need to be beach front, downtown, or near restaurants? Are bed sheets offered with the rental contract, or will you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Do some members of your group have special needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, include that into your search. Most property listings will include a list of amenities.
Remember to include your companion! Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Read your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you book!
Start your Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Aside from having exclusive properties, local agencies provide top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Go Through The Agreement
You will have to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each property. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard rental cost, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed due to personal health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Help
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Good job on reserving your vacation home! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. We also recommend immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Natives should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep all the rooms in the home for forgotten items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for property damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Many vacation rental websites seek comments after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing recommendations. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but sincere with regards to experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to fix the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Did they feel about the vacation rental? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning is going to be simple. Maybe the property wasn't ideal, and you'll better understand how to improve your search for the next trip.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.0 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.0 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Island Ragpicker - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Wave Runners - 0.2 miles