- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyOcracoke Island sound front condominium with expansive vistas of colorful sunsets and Portsmouth Island off in the distance. Walking distance to stores and eateries. Offers smooth access for kayaking.
This pretty Ocracoke Island condominium is located directly on the Pamlico Sound. Unwind on your enormous private outdoor space and relish the majestic sunsets and distant view of Portsmouth Island and Ocracoke Inlet. Ideally located for outdoor recreational activities. Smooth access for kayaks and within walking distance of stores and eateries. This unit is exquisitely adorned, and well appointed. Escape, relax, and adore.
3 bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: 1 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with two Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet, 3 cable TVs. Gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). Whirlpool tub. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a voluminous outdoor space. Covered parking is supplied in the garage.
What's New for 2020: May 28, 2020 - At this time, pier damage from Hurricane Dorian has not been repaired. Website will be modernized when information is available.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Covered parking supplied in the garage, limit of 3 Vehicles.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Half Bath. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed, TV, and Master Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Bedroom with Queen bed, TV, and semi-private bath with tub/shower (bedroom and hallway access). Bedroom with two Twin beds.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property managers and vacation properties supply Ocracoke area promotional guides that feature promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a partnership between the property management company and the vendor itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to adjust your trip dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of rental companies offer price savings to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a special offer.
- Some homes are particularly suited for specific groups of visitors. Event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some rentals appeal to beach bums. Other homes are positioned close to night life. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and sights you are most excited about.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline.
General Rental Advice
You might be pleasantly surprised to discover how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their properties, management companies are instrumental in assisting travellers with reserving, check-in, cleaning, and any repairs and maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be happy to learn that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
How to find and reserve a great rental property:
Before you decide to book "Horizon Condo: Spectacular sunsets over Pamlico Sound.", read through our brief checklist of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke vacation homes start booking very early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Holiday reunions can be a great time for groups to plan their Summer vacations..
Select a Village and Date
Consensus can often be challenging between loved ones, but the moment this challenging part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are joining your vacation? Be mindful that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
The majority of rental properties are marketed with a price range. Determine the cost for your desired week. It may be at the top end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to booking a costly vacation property. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your group interested in? Do you primarily desire a property with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Are sheets offered with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Create a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Do a few members of your party have specific needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Almost all rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other individuals in the crew visiting with a domestic pet? Animal policies are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Make sure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local agencies often have an exclusive selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation rental has everything required. If it is lacking, the rental management company might know of similar properties that better suit your wishes and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read the Total Agreement
Read through the complete agreement and make sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Property management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should tragedy strike.
Book your Vacation Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Don't forget to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. If you discover damages, or if fixes are required get in touch with the property manager without delay. This can protect against disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call prevents many problems.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents most likely live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a visit significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every room of the rental property to make sure you've collected all belongings.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Just about all rental management companies and rental websites allow travellers to give comments. If the property and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If something was disagreeable and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you will want to make it a point in your feedback.
Did they like the rental home? If everything was amazing, next year's family vacation planning will be quick. If the rental was not perfect, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles