- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyHidden Jewel is tucked away on historic Howard Street. Savor the convenient proximity to Silver Lake Harbor and an inviting assortment of stores, galleries and eateries just a brief walk from your holiday home. As a guest of Hidden Jewel, your rooftop outdoor space offers magnificant expansive vistas of Ocracoke Island, Silver Lake Harbor and Pamlico Sound.
Hidden Jewel has unique appeal, offering two separate master suites making this home ideal for two couples, a modest family, or friends appreciating a holiday on Ocracoke Island. Each suite offers a kitchen, handsome furnishings, appealing king size beds and semi-private baths.
2 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: 2 Master Bedrooms with semi-private baths (bedroom and hallway access) and a third semi-private sleeping area off the living area with constructed in Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs and 2 Blu-Ray DVD players. Combined, the kitchen areas offer one dishwasher, 2 fridges and 2 microwaves. Telephone with domestic long distance service. Washer and dryer.
The brilliant, open mid-level suite offers a enormous living area, semi-private sleeping area off the main living area, entirely outfitted modern kitchen, dining bar with seating for four and a inviting screened porch. One bedroom with King sized bed. Semi-private bathroom with double sinks and tub/shower. The bathroom can be accessed via either the bedroom or master unit private hallway.
The upper floor suite includes a living area and kitchenette with dining table, bedroom with king sized bed and semi-private bathroom with double sinks and shower stall. The bathroom can be accessed via either the bedroom or master suite private hallway. The kitchenette offers a full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven and generous cabinetry.
Both master suites have access to both the rooftop outdoor space and entry level laundry area and half bathroom via an internal stairway.
The exterior offers a roof top outdoor space with striking expansive vistas and a screened porch. Patio with dining table and both a gas and 2 charcoal grilles. Outdoor shower and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars, including the Covered parking space available for one car.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Half bathroom and laundry area. Common interior stairway accessing all floors and lookout outdoor space.
Second Floor: Open living area with TV, eat-in kitchen and semi-private sleeping area. Bedroom with King bed and semi-private bath with tub/shower. Hallway to stairway to second floor and lookout outdoor space.
Third Floor: Open living area with TV and eat-in kitchen. Bedroom with King bed and semi-private bath with shower stall. Hallway to stairway to first floor and lookout outdoor space.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental owners and vacation properties supply Ocracoke area vacation discount guides which feature promotions, either offered independently by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the local merchant itself. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and discount books, as this allows visitors to enjoy those terrific attractions at a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Are the trip dates changeable? Shoulder seasons offer amazing deals.
- Are you a military veteran? Many management companies provide discounted prices to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular types of vacationers. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to night life. If there's a certain Ocracoke atteaction you simply love, look for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners often offer their guests the chance to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a result of medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
You may be surprised to discover how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to suit their Ocracoke crew, from tranquil condos to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with owners mainly because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many novices will be happy to know that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you know where to search.
Finding and booking the right vacation property:
Do you believe "Hidden Jewel: Rooftop deck with panoramic views of the island." is the perfect rental property for your next getaway? Read this check list to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rental properties start booking early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months in advance of your trip. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer vacations..
Decide on a Community and Time
Start by figuring out which particular area of Ocracoke you want to browse, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Remember that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Does your favorite rental property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before booking an expensive rental. A single individual in your company will need to be responsible for getting repayments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is your group searching for? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Does the unit need to be beach front, the downtown area, or in close proximity to restaurants? Does the home have bikes and beach toys available throughout your stay? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Often times the older generation has trouble with stairways. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Are you or other people in the gang visiting with a pup? Dog policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and breeds can be restricted. Study your contract thoroughly! Fees may apply when animals are included.
Best places to Search
As soon as the area, time and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from having distinctive rental properties, local agencies offer fantastic service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Your best opportunity for a reduced rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation home management companies and rental owners commonly offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers reassurance should tragedy strike.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your trip.
Good luck on booking your rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Call the rental manager immediately to report your findings. This can prevent conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best spots for shopping?
- Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every space of the rental to ensure that you've packed all personal belongings.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Most rental home management companies and rental websites allow renters to give comments. If your rental home and/or property manager was great, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you should make it a point as part of your feedback.
Did they love their vacation? Maybe everything ended up being wonderful and you are excited to reserve the rental home for next season. If the rental was not perfect, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.0 miles
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.1 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.0 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles