The Outer Banks offers plenty of opportunities for a healthy, family fun vacation. Visitors can spread out over more than 100 miles of pristine shoreline. For Summer 2020, local restaurants and eateries are providing abundant take-out and delivery options. Also, there’s no risk of boredom with our list of social-distancing compatible activities! It’s no wonder that vacationers are turning to the Outer Banks for a fun, relaxing, and safe vacation during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Here are our picks for outdoor attractions, parks and activities where it’s easy to maintain social distancing guidelines while having 100% of the fun.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyFind the ultimate harbor front holiday at Harborview, Down Creek Condo Unit D101 located in the heart of Ocracoke Village. Directly overlooking breathtaking Silver Lake Harbor. Savor spectacular sunsets over Pamlico Sound from both the interior and screened porch. Or, take a walk out on the dock. Harborview village location offers a brief walk to local stores, galleries and eateries.
This opulent unit offers a reverse floor plan, enhancing the waterfront experience. The entire open floor plan of the second floor is located harbor front. Water vistas from every room! Appreciate the creative beauty of local original artworks everywhere the living space.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 flat screen TVs with cable service and DVD. The kitchen includes granite countertops, a gas stove, dishwasher and microwave. Telephone with domestic long distance service. Washer and dryer. Iron and iron board.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The screened porch offers seating and a tiki bar. Shared outdoor hot/cold enclosed shower and fish cleaning bench.
Boat dockage may be available for an additional taxable $100 dockage fee.
No Animals Accepted. No Smoking. Parking Available for One Car.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
A 42' Deep Water Boat Slip with water and electric MAY BE AVAILABLE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS WITH ADVANCE REGISTRATION ONLY at time of reserving condo. An additional $100 taxable weekly dockage fee (3-7 nights) will be added to reservation. Please note request in comments line of your online reservation.
First Floor: Two bedrooms each with Queen bed and TV. Shared bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower stall. Hallway laundry closet with stackable washer/dryer.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Half bath.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation properties supply Ocracoke area promotional travel guides which feature coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or utilizing a partnership between the property manager and the vendor itself. Search for these guides and coupon books, because this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same great activities at a frequently significantly discounted.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of rental companies provide price savings to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a special offer.
- Some properties are primarily designed for particular types of visitors. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and attractions you are most excited about.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed as a consequence of medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra fuel.
The Rental Process
Newcomers are often surprised at the number and selection of short term rental homes available in the Ocracoke area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of rental properties in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Rental owners often select management companies to manage marketing, house cleaning services and maintenance tasks.
Below are some tips and suggestions to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the best rental property:
Before you start to book "Harborview: Directly on Silver Lake with incredible views.", examine our short checklist of factors to consider.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the best selection of vacation homes, we recommend searching and booking your Ocracoke vacation home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. A lot of households prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Pick a Town and Date
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of planning your trip is deciding where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest is easier.
How Many Bedrooms?
How many relatives are joining your trip? Try to remember that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your party. Generally rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Most rentals are marketed with a cost range. Determine the price for your desired stay. It could be at the top end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking a pricey rental. Generally speaking, just one member of the group will be liable for making the full reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Rental Home Features
What home features is the family interested in? Do you primarily want a rental with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Does the property have bicycles and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Do individual people in your party have specialized needs? Make sure you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
What About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other people in the family traveling with a pup? Although many rental homes allow canine companions, rules and costs fluctuate per property. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be limited. Examine your agreement carefully! Extra fees may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies will often have a unique assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
When you have spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your best chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read Through The Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard rate, visitors will need to pay local taxes when renting "Harborview: Directly on Silver Lake with incredible views.", along with various other fees that may be required based upon their circumstances, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you relief should disaster strike.
Book your Rental Home
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Make sure to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit right away. If you discover problems, or if fixes are needed contact the rental manager right away.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Locals should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and cabinets.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no property damage occurred during your stay. If possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental property sites ask for feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will thank you for positive reviews. If something went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but honest with regards to your stay. The best owners and managers will try very hard to fix the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. Did they love their rental? Hopefully this guide helped you find a great home away from home. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with the next search.
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.0 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.0 miles
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.0 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.2 miles