- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyA Gnome Home is new to the Holiday Rental Program starting July 2019.
Plan a last min. Ocracoke Island holiday for two. A Gnome Home is tucked away just outdoor the heart of the village, within walking and cycling distance to coffee stores, numerous eateries and shopping.
This new tiny home offers an open floor plan, Master Bedroom with Queen bed and private bath.
Conveniences include wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs, DVD. Air conditioning/heat and ceiling fans. The kitchen includes a refrigerator/freezer, gas stove and microwave. Washer and Dryer.
The exterior offers a covered porch, entry outdoor space, park style charcoal grille and an open outdoor shower with curtain.
*This home does not give linens. No phone. No dishwasher.
What's New for 2020. Linens Included
No Smoking. No Animals. Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
What's New: Stay Your Way. Through December 2019 this home offers Mini Holidays of less than a week (3 nighttime minimum) are welcomed and may be booked at any time.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send you travel guide books with special deals for accommodations, restaurants and attractions. Keep an eye out for these magazines and promotional books, as this allows vacationers to experience the same activities at a sometimes considerable discounted.
- Flexible about when you might take a trip? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer incredible rates on rental properties.
- Plenty of rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran men and women of the U.S. Armed forces, or repeat individuals of the same rental home. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a reduction.
- Is there a certain experience you are most longing for ? If there's a specific Ocracoke activity which you just love, search for properties that cater especially to you.
- Think about getting trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra fuel.
General Rental Tips & Tricks
First-timers are likely to be shocked at the number and variety of short term rental properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to come across a property which fits their desires and price range.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Owners typically choose management companies to manage marketing and advertising, house cleaning services and maintenance.
Here are some tips and methods to help you understand the rental search and booking process.
Finding and booking the perfect rental:
Do you believe "A Gnome Home: Convenient to Restaurants and Coffee Shops" is the best rental home for your upcoming trip? Read through this checklist to make sure it fits your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Like many desirable destinations, In Ocracoke the best rental homes are booked early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your trip. Many groups plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Agreement can be tricky among members of the family, but as soon as this tricky part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
How Much Rental home Do You Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your group. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Decide on Your Budget
Check to make sure "A Gnome Home: Convenient to Restaurants and Coffee Shops" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If several groups or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure each party knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental contracts require a single person to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family looking for? Do you just want a vacation home with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Will the rental have bicycles and body boards available for use during your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not reserving a stairs-only condominium on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. The majority of rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Are you or other members of the crew traveling with a dog? Dog policies are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be controlled. Examine your agreement very carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match clients with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Apart from having exclusive properties, local agencies provide you with top-notch service..
Re-read the description to be sure the rental home has everything required. If it is lacking, the rental management company may know of comparable properties that fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Go Through The Contract
Read the entire contract and be certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal charge, vacationers must pay state taxes when renting "A Gnome Home: Convenient to Restaurants and Coffee Shops", as well as any other additional fees that may be mandatory depending on their situation, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental home cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Remember to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the rental. If you find property damage, or if repairs are needed contact the home manager straight away. This will protect against disagreements during checkout.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Clean up a lttle bit. Regardless of whether you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The rental should really be in good shape. Sinks stuffed with dishes, surplus sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be taken care of before you leave.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to confirm no damage occurred during your stay. If possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Many rental web sites ask for feedback after your stay . Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing critiques. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but straightforward with regards to your experience. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to rectify the situation.
Use Your Experience
Did they enjoy their vacation? Maybe everything ended up being outstanding and you are ready to re-book the rental for your next vacation. If the property wasn't quite right, and you will better recognize how to improve your search for the next vacation.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.4 miles