- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyA Gnome Home is tucked away just outdoor the heart of the village, within walking and cycling distance to coffee stores, numerous eateries and shopping.
This new tiny home offers an open floor plan, Master Bedroom with Queen bed and private bath.
Conveniences include wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs, DVD. Air conditioning/heat and ceiling fans. The kitchen includes a refrigerator/freezer, gas stove and microwave. Washer and Dryer.
The exterior offers a covered porch, entry outdoor space, park style charcoal grille and an open outdoor shower with curtain.
*This home does not give linens. No phone. No dishwasher.
What's New for 2020. Linens Supplied
No Smoking. No Animals. Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most tourism bureaus offer promotional tourism guide books with savings for lodging, restaurants and attractions. Be on the lookout for these guides and promotional books, since this allows vacation goers to enjoy those wonderful activities at a frequently considerable discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your travel dates? The off-peak seasons may offer fantastic rates on daily rental properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may qualify for financial savings. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are basically designed to serve particular travelers, whether it is soundside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. You will definitely get the most value from a rental that most closely satisfies your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners often offer clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed due to health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional fuel.
General Rental Advice
Newcomers are oftentimes surprised at the number and variety of short-term rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an optimum retreat to accommodate their Ocracoke group, from tranquil condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Owners often select management companies to manage internet marketing, housekeeping and routine maintenance.
Here are some tips and methods to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
How to find and reserve the best rental property:
Before you start to book "A Gnome Home: Convenient to Restaurants and Coffee Shops", examine our short collection of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke vacation homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental property 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Start by determining which particular area of Ocracoke you'd like to browse, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
How many family members are joining your getaway? Keep in mind that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is suitable for your party. Generally rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Have a Budget
Make certain "A Gnome Home: Convenient to Restaurants and Coffee Shops" suits your budget *during your desired week*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to booking a pricey rental property. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be in charge of the full reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is the family searching for? Are you looking for a rental home with outdoor dining area? Do you want to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are bed sheets included with the rental contract, or do you need to bring your own? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Do members of your party have special needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. Most vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your furry family members. Dog policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Study your contract thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start the Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local property management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the rental management company might know of comparable homes that fit your desires and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your easiest possibility of a lower rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Go Through The Contract
Read the complete contract and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Rental home management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home rate, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed due to personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats on reserving your vacation home! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To make certain no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you find property damage, or if repairs are needed contact the home manager right away. This may protect against disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many problems.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents frequently live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your stay? Many property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for renters to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but sincere in regards to your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to solve the problem.
Hold a debrief with your family. Does everybody want to return next year? Maybe everything ended up being ideal and you're happy to re-book the same rental home for next year. Maybe the rental was not perfect, and you'll better understand how to refine your search for the next time.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles