- 7 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyEleanor Jane's is a Freshly Constructed Home that Joined the Rental Program in 2019!
Located on Lighthouse Road, Eleanor Jane's is a new Ocracoke Island home destined to become an gorgeous Ocracoke holiday destination. Eleanor Jane’s offers a cavernous interior including modern comforts. This home includes 9 foot ceilings, a kitchen including two islands, 103-year-old heartpine beams from the foundation of the original home and granite counter tops highlighted by modern light fixtures.
Relish extraordinary vistas of the close by Ocracoke Lighthouse from both floors of Eleanor Jane’s. Unwind on the generous screened front porch. In the rear of the home, overlooking the pool, Eleanor Jane's offers a covered first floor outdoor space and a second floor open outdoor space, impressive for star gazing. Come with your telescope! This unit offers a convenient island location. Savor a brief walk or bicycle ride to the Ocracoke Lighthouse, Silver Lake Harbor and the Springer’s Point Nature Preserve. This residential neighborhood is also convenient to stores and eateries.
Eleanor Jane’s offers a private 10' x 20' *pool located in the rear of the unit.
7 Bedrooms, 6.5 Baths: Five Master Bedrooms with King Beds. One bedroom with two Twins, one bedroom with a Pyramid Bed (double on bottom/twin on top) and an additional twin. Each of the five Master Bedrooms includes a private bath.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat and ceiling fans. Wireless internet access, 7 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. A well-supplied kitchen offers a dishwasher and microwave. The laundry room offers a second full size refrigerator and a washer and dryer. A second floor entertainment room offers a kitchenette with mini refrigerator to keep your cold beverages close at hand.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. A mid-week mini-tidy will be included during your stay.
The exterior offers first and second floor decks overlooking the private 10’ x 20’ pool. A front screened porch overlooks Lighthouse Road. Appreciate a shady brick courtyard on the left side of home with mature live oaks. Private outdoor shower with changing area. Park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Bicycle rack under the home. Two outlets for golf cart chargers.
*Pool is open April 12 - October 17, 2020.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
No Smoking Permitted (including decks, porches and pool area). No Family Animals Accepted. No Telephone. Parking for 5-6 cars depending on size.
Please visit Blue Harbor (WP31) and Lil’ Loopy (CR49) to view this owner's other holiday rental homes including similar style of décor and quality of construction.
First Floor: Living area w/ Intelligent TV and DVD player. Kitchen and dining area. Master Bedroom 1 with King Bed with private bath with shower stall, TV. Master Bedroom 2 with King Bed with private bath with shower stall, TV. Half Bath. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Entertainment Room with intelligent TV, DVD, kitchenette including mini drink refrigerator. Master Bedroom 3 with King Bed with private bath with shower stall, TV. Master Bedroom 4 with King Bed with private bath with shower stall, TV. Master Bedroom 5 with King Bed with private bath with shower stall, TV. Bedroom 6 with two Twin Beds. Bedroom 7 with Pyramid Bed (double on bottom/twin on top) and additional twin. Hallway Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation properties supply Ocracoke area promotional travel guides which feature coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or utilizing a partnership between the property manager and the vendor itself. Search for these guides and coupon books, because this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same great activities at a frequently significantly discounted.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of rental companies provide price savings to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a special offer.
- Some properties are primarily designed for particular types of visitors. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and attractions you are most excited about.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed as a consequence of medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra fuel.
The Rental Process
Newcomers are often surprised at the number and selection of short term rental homes available in the Ocracoke area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of rental properties in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Rental owners often select management companies to manage marketing, house cleaning services and maintenance tasks.
Below are some tips and suggestions to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the best rental property:
Before you start to book "Eleanor Jane's: Beautiful New Home on Lighthouse Road", examine our short checklist of factors to consider.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the best selection of vacation homes, we recommend searching and booking your Ocracoke vacation home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. A lot of households prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Pick a Town and Date
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of planning your trip is deciding where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest is easier.
How Many Bedrooms?
How many relatives are joining your trip? Try to remember that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your party. Generally rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Most rentals are marketed with a cost range. Determine the price for your desired stay. It could be at the top end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking a pricey rental. Generally speaking, just one member of the group will be liable for making the full reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Rental Home Features
What home features is the family interested in? Do you primarily want a rental with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Does the property have bicycles and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Do individual people in your party have specialized needs? Make sure you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
What About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other people in the family traveling with a pup? Although many rental homes allow canine companions, rules and costs fluctuate per property. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be limited. Examine your agreement carefully! Extra fees may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies will often have a unique assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
When you have spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your best chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read Through The Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard rate, visitors will need to pay local taxes when renting "Eleanor Jane's: Beautiful New Home on Lighthouse Road", along with various other fees that may be required based upon their circumstances, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you relief should disaster strike.
Book your Rental Home
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Make sure to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit right away. If you discover problems, or if fixes are needed contact the rental manager right away.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Locals should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and cabinets.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no property damage occurred during your stay. If possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental property sites ask for feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will thank you for positive reviews. If something went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but honest with regards to your stay. The best owners and managers will try very hard to fix the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. Did they love their rental? Hopefully this guide helped you find a great home away from home. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with the next search.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.0 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.1 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.1 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles