- 7 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyEleanor Jane's is a Freshly Constructed Home that Joined the Rental Program in 2019!
Located on Lighthouse Road, Eleanor Jane's is a new Ocracoke Island home destined to become an spectacular Ocracoke holiday destination. Eleanor Jane’s offers a roomy interior including modern luxuries. This home includes 9 foot ceilings, a kitchen including two islands, 103-year-old heartpine beams from the foundation of the original home and granite counter tops highlighted by modern light fixtures.
Adore exceptional vistas of the close by Ocracoke Lighthouse from both floors of Eleanor Jane’s. Unwind on the sizable screened front porch. In the rear of the home, overlooking the pool, Eleanor Jane's offers a covered first floor outdoor space and a second floor open outdoor space, fantastic for star gazing. Come with your telescope! This unit offers a convenient island location. Adore a brief walk or bicycle ride to the Ocracoke Lighthouse, Silver Lake Harbor and the Springer’s Point Nature Preserve. This residential neighborhood is also convenient to stores and eateries.
Eleanor Jane’s offers a private 10' x 20' *pool located in the rear of the unit.
7 Bedrooms, 6.5 Baths: Five Master Bedrooms with King Beds. One bedroom with two Twins, one bedroom with a Pyramid Bed (double on bottom/twin on top) and an additional twin. Each of the five Master Bedrooms includes a private bath.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat and ceiling fans. Wireless internet access, 7 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. A well-supplied kitchen offers a dishwasher and microwave. The laundry room offers a second full size refrigerator and a washer and dryer. A second floor entertainment room offers a kitchenette with mini refrigerator to keep your cold beverages close at hand.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. A mid-week mini-tidy will be included during your stay.
The exterior offers first and second floor decks overlooking the private 10’ x 20’ pool. A front screened porch overlooks Lighthouse Road. Relish a shady brick courtyard on the left side of home with mature live oaks. Private outdoor shower with changing area. Park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Bicycle rack under the home. Two outlets for golf cart chargers.
*Pool is open April 12 - October 17, 2020.
No Partail Stays.
No Smoking Permitted (including decks, porches and pool area). No Animals Accepted. No Telephone. Parking for 5-6 cars depending on size.
Please visit Blue Harbor (WP31) and Lil’ Loopy (CR49) to view this owner's other holiday rental homes including similar style of décor and quality of construction.
First Floor: Living area w/ Intelligent TV and DVD player. Kitchen and dining area. Master Bedroom 1 with King Bed with private bath with shower stall, TV. Master Bedroom 2 with King Bed with private bath with shower stall, TV. Half Bath. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Entertainment Room with intelligent TV, DVD, kitchenette including mini drink refrigerator. Master Bedroom 3 with King Bed with private bath with shower stall, TV. Master Bedroom 4 with King Bed with private bath with shower stall, TV. Master Bedroom 5 with King Bed with private bath with shower stall, TV. Bedroom 6 with two Twin Beds. Bedroom 7 with Pyramid Bed (double on bottom/twin on top) and additional twin. Hallway Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental owners and vacation homes provide Ocracoke area printed travel catalogs that feature coupons, either offered individually by merchants, or through a partnership between the management company and the vendor itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you might vacation? Off-peak times provide substantial bargains.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for discounts. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a discount.
- Is there a certain experience you are mainly getting excited about ? You will definitely get the most value from a home which most closely matches your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance along with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, offers guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed as a consequence of health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are often times surprised at the number and wide range of weekly rental homes available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available makes it possible to find an optimum getaway to accommodate their Ocracoke gang, from calm condominiums to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property owners frequently select management companies to facilitate advertising campaigns, cleaning and repairs and maintenance.
Below are great tips and strategies to help you navigate the vacation rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and reserve a great rental property:
Before you decide to book "Eleanor Jane's: Beautiful New Home on Lighthouse Road", review our short collection of things to consider.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best rentals are booked very early. To assure the best selection of rental homes, we recommend searching and booking your Ocracoke rental home Six-12 months in advance, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Select your Area and Vacation Week
Quite often, the hardest part of organizing your trip is choosing where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be simplier and easier.
How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Consider that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you book.
Commit to a Budget
Will your favorite vacation property suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If multiple individuals or families are sharing the cost, be certain that each group understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental agreements require a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
What amenities is your group looking for? Is a pool mandatory?Do you want a rental home with patio dining area? Will the property need to be beach front, downtown, or near night life? Does the property have bicycles and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Suitable access could make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Nearly all rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other members of the group visiting with a furry companion? Dog policies are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be limited. Be sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
It Is Time to Search
Several websites exist to match visitors with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local property management companies. Aside from offering exclusive rental properties, local agencies provide you with top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the property has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company might know of similar homes that fit your preferences and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is more effective throughout the off-peak season when many properties sit vacant.
Study the Entire Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should catastrophe strike.
When you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property right away. We also advise promptly calling the rental manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any necessary repairs. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be valuable.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Locals should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a stay substantially more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Many rental management company sites seek reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but genuine in regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will work very hard to solve the problem.
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they love their stay? If everything was perfect, next year's family vacation planning is going to be quick. If not, you've acquired invaluable experience that can help with the next search.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.0 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.1 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Company - 0.3 miles