The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUnwind and adore Doc's Holiday for a phenomenal Ocracoke holiday. This comfortable reverse floorplan home is elegantly adorned and well appointed. Readily located, just a brief walk or bicycle ride to the coffee shop, the library and numerous local stores and eateries.
The second floor offers an open living room, dining room, kitchen and den area. A furbished sun outdoor space expands your living area to the outdoors.
3 bedrooms, 3 Baths: Master Bedroom with Queen and private bath. One bedroom with Queen and one bedroom with two Twins (which share a bathroom with shower only). Second floor full bath.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and 2 DVDs players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play.
The exterior offers a screened porch with picnic table, open and covered outdoor space, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille, fish cleaning bench, and an additional picnic table located under the home. Paved covered parking.
Partial City Water. This home has City Water all over with the exception of 1 bathroom which has filtered and chlorinated harvested rainwater which could be limited during extreme drought conditions.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Neighborly - 1 Dog Only. No Puppies Please. Parking is Limited to 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Bedroom with Queen bed, TV. Bedroom with two Twin beds. Shared Bath with shower. Master Bedroom with Queen bed, TV/DVD/VCR, and Master Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining, den, and living area with TV/DVD. Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will offer you promotional tourism guide books with special packages for rental properties, restaurants and tours. Search for these catalogs and discount books, as this allows visitors to take advantage of the very same wonderful activities at a possibly substantial discounted.
- Could you adjust your vacation week? Shoulder seasons feature terrific deals.
- Many property management companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the Military, or repeat individuals to the same vacation home. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Is there a specific activity that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? If there's a specific Ocracoke atteaction which you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners typically offer clients the chance to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed a result of health related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are surprised to discover how many rental homes are located in Ocracoke. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an suitable retreat to suit their Ocracoke group, from relaxed condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rental homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and working experience to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most newcomers will be happy to know that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should look.
Where to find and book the perfect vacation home:
Do you believe "Doc's Holiday: Dog friendly, reverse floor plan, well appointed." is the best vacation property for your next trip? Read this check list to make sure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rental homes start booking early. To ensure the greatest selection of homes, we advise searching and booking your Ocracoke rental 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Choose a Village and Date
Agreement can be tough among family members, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is traveling, and just how many/what kind of bedroom setup you will need. Remember that that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is suitable for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. If not, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Many rentals are advertised with a price range. Confirm the cost for your chosen week. It might be at the top end of the range. If many groups or relatives are sharing the cost, check to make sure each group knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Normally, a single member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Make a List of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What amenities is your family searching for? Do you simply want a property with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home charge? Create a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Grandma and Grandpa will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Be sure to include your best friend! Although a number of rental homes allow furry friends, guidelines and charges fluctuate per property. Study your agreement carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
When the location, dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources to find the best vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the rental management company might know of comparable properties that fit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective during the off-season when many homes sit vacant.
Read The Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Ensure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
If you need to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Property management companies and rental owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congrats on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. We also suggest immediately calling the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary repairs. This can prevent disputes during check out.
- You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or spa tub. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call eliminates many problems.
- Be considerate of the community. Locals are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a trip a good deal more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of advice.
- Make certain to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every space of the rental property to make sure that you've collected all possessions.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no property damage occurred during your remain. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Most vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit travellers to offer comments. If your property and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong and they didn't correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you'll want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Did they feel about the rental home? We hope this guide helped you find a great home away from home. Maybe the rental wasn't perfect, and you will better recognize how to refine your search for the next trip.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles