- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUnwind and savor Doc's Holiday for a remarkable Ocracoke holiday. This appealing reverse floorplan home is appealingly furbished and well appointed. Effortlessly located, just a brief walk or bicycle ride to the coffee shop, the library and numerous local stores and eateries.
The second floor offers an open living room, dining room, kitchen and den area. A decorated sun outdoor space expands your living area to the outdoors.
3 bedrooms, 3 Baths: Master Bedroom with Queen and private bath. One bedroom with Queen and one bedroom with two Twins (which share a bathroom with shower only). Second floor full bath.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and 2 DVDs players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play.
The exterior offers a screened porch with picnic table, open and covered outdoor space, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille, fish cleaning bench, and an additional picnic table located under the home. Paved covered parking.
Partial City Water. This home has City Water all over with the exception of 1 bathroom which has filtered and chlorinated harvested rainwater which could be limited during extreme drought conditions.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Chummy - 1 Dog Only. No Puppies Please. Parking is Limited to 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Bedroom with Queen bed, TV. Bedroom with two Twin beds. Shared Bath with shower. Master Bedroom with Queen bed, TV/DVD/VCR, and Master Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining, den, and living area with TV/DVD. Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property managers and vacation rental properties supply Ocracoke area printed travel magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or utilizing a partnership between the property management company and the merchant itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Are the vacation dates flexible? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you amazing rates on weekly rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be able to get cost savings. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? You'll receive the best value from a home which most directly satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners typically offer clients an opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gas.
General Rental Information
First-timers are sometimes surprised at the number and wide selection of weekly rental homes available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an perfect retreat to fit their Ocracoke crew, from calm condominiums to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management agencies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in assisting families with booking, checking-in, house cleaning, as well as routine maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most novices will be happy to learn that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental property:
Before you book "Doc's Holiday: Dog friendly, reverse floor plan, well appointed.", review our short checklist of points to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many renowned hot spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation homes are booked early. To assure the very best choice of properties, we suggest searching and reserving your Ocracoke vacation home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Quite often, the most challenging part of planning your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, everything else becomes easier.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
Determine who is attending the vacation, and how many/what type of bedroom configuration you need to have. Keep in mind that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the company. Most vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Create a Budget
Confirm that "Doc's Holiday: Dog friendly, reverse floor plan, well appointed." suits your price range *during your desired dates*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to booking an expensive rental home. Most rental documents call for a single person to be in charge of the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the family interested in? Do you only want a vacation rental with a swimming pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Will the property need to be beach front, the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Will the rental have bicycles and body boards available as part of your stay? Make a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Do some people in your crew have special needs? Make sure you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your furry family members. Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of animal, size and breeds may be limited. Ensure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
A number of internet resources exist to match guests with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located your dream rental, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Your easiest chance of a reduced rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Study the Entire Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Where to Get Help
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To make sure no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you find problems, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the home manager without delay. This may prevent conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or spa tub. Call your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Be respectful of the local community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Nearly all rental web sites seek testimonials after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for positive ratings. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the property was not as described, you may want to note that in your critique.
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did everybody have a blast? With a little luck everything ended up being perfect and you are all set to reserve the same rental for next year. If not, you have acquired valuable rental search experience to aid with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles