About this Property
Unwind and appreciate Doc's Holiday for a phenomenal Ocracoke holiday. This comfortable reverse floorplan home is appealingly finished and well appointed. Handily located, just a brief walk or bicycle ride to the coffee shop, the library and multiple local stores and eateries.
The second floor offers an open living room, dining room, kitchen and den area. A furbished sun outdoor space expands your living area to the outdoors.
3 bedrooms, 3 Baths: Master Bedroom with Queen and private bath. One bedroom with Queen and one bedroom with two Twins (which share a bathroom with shower only). Second floor full bath.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and 2 DVDs players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play.
The exterior offers a screened porch with picnic table, open and covered outdoor space, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille, fish cleaning bench, and an additional picnic table located under the home. Paved covered parking.
Partial City Water. This home has City Water all over with the exception of 1 bathroom which has filtered and chlorinated harvested rainwater which could be limited during extreme drought conditions.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Chummy - 1 Dog Only. No Puppies Please. Parking is Limited to 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Bedroom with Queen bed, TV. Bedroom with two Twin beds. Shared Bath with shower. Master Bedroom with Queen bed, TV/DVD/VCR, and Master Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining, den, and living area with TV/DVD. Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters
for details or call (877) 741-6645.
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many tourism bureaus will send printed guide books with special packages for lodging, dining and tours. Look for these books and coupon books, since this allows travelers to experience those wonderful attractions at a often considerable discounted.
- Could you adjust your vacation week? Shoulder seasons feature fantastic prices.
- Plenty of property management companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran members of the Military, or repeat travelers to the same vacation home. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Is there a specific activity that you are most looking forward to during your stay? You will definitely get the best value from a rental that most closely matches your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed as a consequence of personal health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Vacation Rental Information
Newcomers are likely to be surprised at the number and wide selection of short-term rental properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a wide selection, clients are certain to discover a rental home that meets their wishes and spending budget.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they coordinate the internet marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rentals, however many beginners will be happy to discover that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to search.
Finding and reserving the best rental:
Do you believe "Doc's Holiday: Dog friendly, reverse floor plan, well appointed." is the perfect rental property for your next getaway? Read through this guide to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke rental homes book many months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for groups to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Pick a Community and Time
Agreement can be tough between relatives, but as soon as this complicated part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Decide on a Size
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what kind of bedroom setup you need to have. Remember that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Generally rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Many rental homes are advertised with a price range. Determine the rate for your preferred week. It may be at the high end of the range. If a few groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure everyone understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most of the time, just one member of the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and collecting each party's contribution.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental property with open-air kitchen? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to wildlife? Does the home have bikes and beach toys available throughout your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Suitable access can make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Most vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the gang traveling with a pup? Animals are welcome at many vacation homes, but guidelines can vary. Study your contract very carefully! Extra fees may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have found your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an additional night. Negotiating rates is more effective during the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Go Through The Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal price, guests will need to pay local taxes when renting "Doc's Holiday: Dog friendly, reverse floor plan, well appointed.", as well as various other fees that may be required based upon their circumstances, including a pet charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed due to personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Good job on booking your rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. Contact the rental manager right away to report your findings. This can protect against conflicts during checkout.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents often live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Ensure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Most rental websites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but completely honest with regards to your stay. The best owners and managers will try very hard to fix the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Did they love their vacation? Maybe everything turned out to be ideal and you are ready to re-book the same rental home for next year. If not, you've gained invaluable experience to aid with your next search.