Every vacation destination has its own unique draw to potential visitors, whether it's a national monument, a fantastic shopping or dining scene, or an exotic locale that's meant for total relaxation. Many newcomers to the Outer Banks are surprised to learn that this destination has all of these attributes and more, and it can be hard to narrow down the overflowing list of "must-sees" or "must-dos" that have to be squeezed into a 1-2 week OBX vacation.
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Located across the street from one another with a shared dock, these two properties can be rented together for a special combined rate.
Located directly in the heart of the village, these vacation homes offer a expansive view of Silver Lake Harbor second to none. Shared docking with a pavilion will draw you out each evening to savor charming sunsets over the harbor.
In Dock of the Bay the bright and cheery great room offers an open floor plan with kitchen, dining and living room all facing towards the harbor. A spiral staircase leads to an upstairs tower room/loft bedroom. Dock of the Bay has screened porches, wrap around decks and everything you could want in a waterfront rental.
On Silver Lake is a luxury suite for two, located on Silver Lake Road and directly across from the harbor. The open floor plan and sizable bay windows allow for an charming view of the harbor.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Pamlico Sound and Springer's Point Preserve, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Our top Vacation rental booking tips and tricks:
How to get the best value:
- To get the best value, try shifting your group's vacation dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer great weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic.
- In the Ocracoke area, The earlier your group can book, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are reserved very early. Booking your vacation property up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your family qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke area magazine when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local information, visitors guides have offers and deals for nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Planning and choosing the bestrental:
- Select your dates and max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration you need. Dock of the Bay and On Silver Lake Combined Rental - Blue Heron Realty has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts & types is normally available on booking websites. If not, reach out to the property manager before you book your home. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches.
- Is your group looking for special amenities? Most rental websites include amenity lists and search filters.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional pet fees or could be applied to your agreement.
During your stay:
- We recommend storing the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Make a record of any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately send them to the property manager. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are valuable if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, elevator or appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent quite a few problems.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable vacationers disrupting your peaceful home. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and attractions you would have never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental property while you are away! Don't let burglars spoil your trip.
- Re-check the property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items on check-out day. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property owners rely on great reviews to propel more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will will be grateful for your experience find their best rental home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles