With 150 miles of pristine coastline, and some of the East Coast's largest swaths of undisturbed maritime forest, the Outer Banks is a popular destination for nature lovers. As an important spot on America's "Flyway," which is the route that migrating birds take on their northern and southern treks across the country, the Outer Banks is the temporary home to hundreds of species of birds. Combine this with the number of deer, foxes, waterfowl, fish, turtles, and even alligators, and it's clear that the Outer Banks is truly a wild vacation destination.
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Located directly in the heart of the village, this Saturday turn day vacation home offers a expansive view of Silver Lake Harbor second to none. Shared docking with a pavilion will draw you out each evening to appreciate beautiful sunsets over Silver Lake Harbor. The bright and cheery great room offers an open floor plan with kitchen, dining and living room all facing towards the harbor. A spiral staircase leads to an upstairs tower room/loft bedroom. Dock of the Bay has screened porches, wrap around decks and everything you could want in a waterfront rental. Still looking for a little additional space? Combine this rental with the suite property On Silver Lake, located right across the street and sleeps 2 people. Parking is located across the street and a 3-car limit is stringently enforced. This property does not provide linens or towels, please inquire about rental options.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Getting the best vacation rental experience:
Finding the best rental home value:
- June, July, and August are high season in Ocracoke. To book the most suitable vacation home within your budget, we suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at local restaurants, tours, and activities.
- In the Ocracoke area, The sooner you can book a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental homes are reserved early. Reserving your vacation rental up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Some hosts and property managers offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Property managers usually offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guides that include special deals, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Choosing and booking the bestrental:
- Choose a designated group leader, choose your dates, and select a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration you need. Dock of the Bay - Blue Heron Realty has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, call the host before you book your rental. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to work out what is suitable for your trip.
- Looking for particular amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. .
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to find a pet-friendly rental. Get specifics on breed, size, and type requirements. Usually, property owners charge additional pet fees.
More considerations for your visit:
- Take a copy of the property manager's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- During arrival, note any issues with the property and immediately alert the owner. Record all coorespondence.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an incredible resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Keep the property locked while you are away! Don't let thieves ruin your family vacation.
- On check-out day, complete a walk-through to confirm you haven't forget anything. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on great ratings to drive future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles