Ocracoke's long history has some interesting highlights, but none of the local legends and legacies are as far-reaching or as popular as the island's local pirates. As the temporary home to a crew of notorious buccaneers, including Blackbeard himself, Ocracoke is the destination of choice for pirate lovers who want to explore the stomping grounds of the island's most notorious residents.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis Ocracoke Island holiday home is a ideal choice for 2 couples or a modest family. Off the beaten path yet effortlessly located to village attractions. Relish a convenient walk to the coffee shop. Many other stores, galleries, eateries, as well as Silver Lake Harbor are just a agreeable walk or bicycle ride away. Court Jester has a generous open floor plan combining the living, dining area and kitchen. Soak away the anxiety of the day in the fabulous claw foot tub! Escape to the second floor den.
Unwind and read a rent on the back outdoor space or the cavernous screened porch. For your pet or modest children, the fenced side and rear yard are an added comfort.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: First floor bedroom with Queen and bath with claw foot tub (generous enough for two). The open second floor is separated into two areas, one side has a Queen bed and the other has two Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs, one in the living room and one in the upstairs den, DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a huge, furbished screened porch, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fenced side/rear yard with sundeck.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Neighborly. Parking is limited to 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with Queen bed and Master Bath with Claw Foot Tub. Bath with shower. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Loft style Bedroom with Queen bed and two Twin beds, TV in attached den.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus will offer you printed travel guide books with special offers for vacation rentals, dining and tours. Be on the lookout for these guides and discount books, because this allows travelers to experience the same terrific activities with a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you might vacation? Off-peak times provide sizable deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for discounts. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific types of vacationers. Event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to night life. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and sights you are most looking forward to.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, provides guests reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed due to personal health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to learn how many rental homes are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available makes it possible to find an ideal getaway to accommodate their Ocracoke group, from restful condos to large event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
We have developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental home experience.
Searching for and booking the right vacation property:
Before you book "Court Jester: Pet friendly, fenced rear yard with deck.", examine our brief checklist of considerations.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many renowned destinations, In Ocracoke the best rental homes are booked early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for families to plot their Summer trips..
Decide on a Community and Time
Quite often, the toughest portion of planning your vacation is choosing where to go, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else is more straightforward.
Exactly How Much Rental home Do You Actually Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your company. Most rental listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Will your favorite vacation property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company before reserving a costly rental property. One individual in your party must be responsible for getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental price at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family looking for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Do you want to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Does the unit have bikes and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, include that into your search. The majority of rental postings include a list of amenities.
Make sure to include your furry family members. Pets are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but guidelines differ. Many limitations may possibly dismiss a prospective vacation property. Make certain you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *before* you book!
Searching the Internet
A number of internet resources exist to match clients with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental management companies. Apart from offering exclusive properties, local agencies provide you with fantastic service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation home has everything required. If lacking, the home management company might know of very similar properties that fit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Go Through The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular rate, visitors will have to pay state taxes when renting "Court Jester: Pet friendly, fenced rear yard with deck.", in addition to various other fees that may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Vacation rental management companies and home owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
After you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Be sure to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages immediately after you arrive. If you discover damage, or if fixes are required contact the rental manager without delay. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be incredibly helpful.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Natives should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip significantly more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Most vacation rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for travellers to provide feedback. If the property and/or property manager was great, they will appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but straightforward in regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will work hard to solve the issue.
Hold a debrief with your family. Did they love their vacation? If everything was fantastic, next year's family vacation planning is going to be painless. Maybe the property wasn't quite right, and you will better recognize how to improve your search for the next time.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles