The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis Ocracoke Island holiday home is a ideal choice for 2 couples or a modest family. Off the beaten path yet effortlessly located to village attractions. Appreciate a convenient walk to the coffee shop. Many other stores, galleries, eateries, as well as Silver Lake Harbor are just a agreeable walk or bicycle ride away. Court Jester has a big open floor plan combining the living, dining area and kitchen. Soak away the anxiety of the day in the fabulous claw foot tub! Escape to the second floor den.
Unwind and read a rent on the back outdoor space or the sizable screened porch. For your pet or modest children, the fenced side and rear yard are an added appreciation.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: First floor bedroom with Queen and bath with claw foot tub (generous enough for two). The open second floor is separated into two areas, one side has a Queen bed and the other has two Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs, one in the living room and one in the upstairs den, DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a enormous, furbished screened porch, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fenced side/rear yard with sundeck.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Neighborly. Parking is limited to 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with Queen bed and Master Bath with Claw Foot Tub. Bath with shower. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Loft style Bedroom with Queen bed and two Twin beds, TV in attached den.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus will send you printed guide books with special packages for vacation rentals, dining and tours. These guides may provide a great start to your rental search.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds? Off-peak times provide sizeable discounts.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Several management companies offer price cuts to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some properties are primarily suited for specific groups of visitors. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some rentals appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to music venues. If there's a specific Ocracoke activity you simply love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be surprised to discover just how many rentals are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management agencies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in helping families with reserving, checking-in, house cleaning services, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may occur.
Below are some tips and techniques to help you understand the rental home search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental property:
Before you book "Court Jester: Pet friendly, fenced rear yard with deck.", go through our brief collection of points to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation homes are booked early. To guarantee the very best choice of rental homes, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke rental home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental..
Choose a Community and Time
Begin by choosing which specific area of Ocracoke you want to visit, and the approximate trip dates.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is suitable for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Decide on Your Budget
Confirm that "Court Jester: Pet friendly, fenced rear yard with deck." works with your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before reserving a pricey vacation property. In most cases, just one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Vacation home Features
What property features is your family trying to find? Do you only desire a vacation home with a pool, spa or volleyball court? Will the property need to be beachfront, in town, or in close proximity to night life? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home payment? Gather a list of "needs and desires" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Special Factors to consider
Optimal access can make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, include that into your search. The majority of property listings include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Remember to include your pets. While many rental homes permit pets, guidelines and fees fluctuate per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be controlled. Make sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
It Is Time to Search
A number of websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Apart from having distinctive rental properties, local companies offer top-notch service..
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation rental has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company may know of comparable homes that suit your preferences and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your easiest possibility of a reduced rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Read the Total Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard rate, vacationers have to pay state taxes when booking "Court Jester: Pet friendly, fenced rear yard with deck.", as well as various other additional fees which may be required depending on their situation, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal medical emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental agreements require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Good luck on reserving your vacation home! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations. This may protect against disputes during checkout.
- You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Often times, surrounding residences are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a visit a little more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of tips.
- Remember to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to verify no property damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Many rental sites request comments after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing ratings. If something was disagreeable and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you should make it a point in your feedback.
Learn from your Experience
How did they feel about the property? If everything was wonderful, next year's trip planning will be painless. If the rental property wasn't ideal, and you'll better recognize how to improve your search for the next time.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles