- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property***We have an ON ISLAND manager for peaceful of mind during your stay***
The BABY DUCK is a handsome 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom home with a sleeping loft, located along our family's private path near Ocracoke's historic lighthouse.
With its 1920's Bungalow Style Architecture, 9 ft ceilings, wood floors, bead board paneling and crystal doorknobs, it is clear that this home is special. Decorated ideally with local photography and antique treasures, this bespoke constructed home includes an open living and dining area, well supplied kitchen, sundeck, screened porch and gas fireplace. In addition, the hottub bathtub, flat screen TV, DVD player, laundry, outdoor shower, charcoal grille, fish bench and WiFi access give exceptional appreciation during your stay.
The first floor has a peaceful queen master bedroom with a private attached bathroom. The sunny queen guest bedroom has an conveniently accessible bathroom just around the corner. The upstairs loft is the answer to a kid's imagination, offering twin beds, a sitting area complete with a second TV, DVD player and the ideal view for spying a pirate ship gliding across the Pamilico Sound. This home is ideal for a passionate hideaway, two couples or a family. The screened porch and decks accept for vistas of the garden and marsh, peaceful time in a rocking chair or a nap on the daybed while you appreciate the afternoon wind.
The BABY DUCK is readily located on the island within simple walking distance to the Ocracoke Lighthouse and Springers Point nature preserve. It is mins. away by foot or by bicycle to Silver Lake Harbor, eateries and shopping. All 13 miles of oceanfront on Ocracoke Island are undeveloped — not a building in sight, just miles of tidy, open, white sand beaches. This most handsome beach can be accessed by bicycle or car and has convenient parking, boardwalk and summer lifeguards. With a 4 wheel drive car and proper permit, you can drive on the beach with all of your essentials and find a private spot to call your own.
We adore our home and have planned every detail to make your holiday peaceful and fun. To ensure that the BABY DUCK is always in tip-top shape, a cleaning/damage deposit is supplied with your rental rate. Come discover this very special place hidden down our secret path, among the ancient live oaks, salt marsh and sea environments. We know you will appreciate it as much as we do!
Our home is a non-smoking home and dogs and cats are not allowed. For your comfort, sheets and towels are available for an additional fee.
Keywords: House, Home, Bungalow, Historic, Beach House
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property managers and rental homes supply Ocracoke area vacation discount guides which include money-saving promotions, either offered individually by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property manager and the merchant itself. Be on the lookout for these publications and promotional books, because this allows travelers to discover the same terrific activities at a sometimes substantial discounted.
- Able to change your trip week? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak prices.
- Many management companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or repeat visitors of the same rental. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a reduction.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific groups of guests. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some rentals appeal to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to night life. If there's a specific Ocracoke atteaction that you love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed due to health emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
First-timers tend to be surprised at the range and wide range of weekly rentals available in the Ocracoke area. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to find a vacation home which fits their desires and spending budget.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by owners because they manage the advertising and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most novices will be delighted to realize that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you know how to look.
Where to find and book the right rental home:
Do you think "'Baby Duck' -Make Memories in Our Charming Island Bungalow" is the perfect rental for your next trip? Read this checklist to confirm it fits your needs.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke rentals start booking very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, whenever possible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for families to plan their Summer escapes..
Choose your Place and Travel Week
Oftentimes, the toughest portion of scheduling your trip is deciding where to search, and when. When the big decisions are hammered out, everything else becomes simplier and easier.
How Much Vacation rental Do You Really Need?
Determine who is joining, and just how many/what kind of bedroom setup you will need. Be aware that most homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is suitable for your company. Generally rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Determine Your Budget
Most vacation homes are presented with a price range. Confirm the price for your preferred stay. It might be at the top end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to booking a costly rental property. Typically, just one person in the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family trying to find? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Does the unit need to be beach front, in town, or close to restaurants? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental fee? Make a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. The majority of vacation home listings will include a list of amenities.
Think About Furry Family Members?
Don't forget to include your companion! Although quite a few rental homes permit family pets, guidelines and costs vary per property. A number of limitations might dismiss a potential rental. Make sure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
After the place, time and people are decided, search multiple sources to find the best vacation home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local property management companies. Apart from having exclusive properties, local agencies offer you top-notch service..
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation rental has everything required. If lacking, the rental home management company might know of comparable properties that better suit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an extra night. Your easiest potential for a reduced rate is shifting to a less desirable week.
Read through the Entire Agreement
You should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular charge, guests will have to pay state taxes when renting "'Baby Duck' -Make Memories in Our Charming Island Bungalow", in addition to various other additional fees which may be required based upon their situation, including an animal charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Vacation rental management companies and rental owners commonly offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides comfort should tragedy strike.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To make certain no damages are linked to your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. Call the property manager immediately to report your observations.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Many times, adjacent homes are lived in by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Ensure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Most vacation rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for travellers to provide reviews. If the property and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If anything was disagreeable and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the property was not as described, you'll want to make it a point in your critique.
Use Your Experience
Did they feel about the rental choice? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning is going to be simple. If not, you have gained valuable rental search experience to help with another search.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.2 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.2 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles