- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- CD Player
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Cooking Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- DVD Player
- Gas Fireplace
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Jetted Tub
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Parking Off Street
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property***We have an ON ISLAND manager for tranquility of mind during your stay***
The BABY DUCK is a handsome 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom home with a sleeping loft, located along our family's private path near Ocracoke's historic lighthouse.
With its 1920's Bungalow Style Architecture, 9 ft ceilings, wood floors, bead board paneling and crystal doorknobs, it is clear that this home is special. Decorated ideally with local photography and antique treasures, this bespoke constructed home includes an open living and dining area, well supplied kitchen, sundeck, screened porch and gas fireplace. In addition, the hottub bathtub, flat screen TV, DVD player, laundry, outdoor shower, charcoal grille, fish bench and WiFi access give exceptional appreciation during your stay.
The first floor has a calming queen master bedroom with a private attached bathroom. The sunny queen guest bedroom has an comfortably accessible bathroom just around the corner. The upstairs loft is the answer to a kid's imagination, offering twin beds, a sitting area complete with a second TV, DVD player and the ideal view for spying a pirate ship gliding across the Pamilico Sound. This home is ideal for a charming hideaway, two couples or a family. The screened porch and decks accept for vistas of the garden and marsh, peaceful time in a rocking chair or a nap on the daybed while you adore the afternoon wind.
The BABY DUCK is effortlessly located on the island within straighforward walking distance to the Ocracoke Lighthouse and Springers Point nature preserve. It is mins. away by foot or by bicycle to Silver Lake Harbor, eateries and shopping. All 13 miles of oceanfront on Ocracoke Island are undeveloped — not a building in sight, just miles of tidy, open, white sand beaches. This most charming beach can be accessed by bicycle or car and has convenient parking, boardwalk and summer lifeguards. With a 4 wheel drive car and proper permit, you can drive on the beach with all of your essentials and find a private spot to call your own.
We adore our home and have planned every detail to make your holiday inviting and fun. To ensure that the BABY DUCK is always in tip-top shape, a cleaning/damage deposit is supplied with your rental rate. Come discover this very special place hidden down our secret path, among the ancient live oaks, salt marsh and sea environments. We know you will appreciate it as much as we do!
Our home is a non-smoking home and family dogs and cats are not allowed. For your comfort, sheets and towels are available for an additional fee.
Keywords: House, Home, Bungalow, Historic, Beach House
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus will offer you promotional guide books with special offers for vacation rentals, dining and tours. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Want to steer clear of the crowds of people and get a better price? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer incredible rates on daily rental properties.
- Many property management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran men and women of the Military, or repeat vacation goers to the same property. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a discount.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular groups of visitors. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to night life. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and points of interest you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer customers an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed a result of health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover how many properties are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, vacationers are certain to select a vacation home which fits their expectations and spending budget.
Nearly all rental homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental home, management companies are instrumental in helping vacationers with booking, checking-in, housekeeping, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may occur.
Here are some ideas and tricks to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the right rental home:
Do you think "'Baby Duck' -Make Memories in Our Charming Island Bungalow" is the perfect rental for your upcoming vacation? Read through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke vacation rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for groups to plan their Summer family vacations..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Begin by picking which particular area of Ocracoke you'd like to browse, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
How many family members are joining your trip? Be mindful that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Generally rental listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Establish Your Budget
Will the preferred rental property suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If several individuals or families are sharing the cost, be certain that everybody understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be responsible for the full reservation.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Requirements"
What amenities is the family looking for? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Do you desire to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are items like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included with your rental charge? Create a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Sometimes the elder generation has trouble with stairs. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. Almost all rental home postings include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other members of the party visiting with a domestic pet? Even though many rentals allow animal friends, guidelines and costs fluctuate per property. A number of constraints may possibly dismiss a prospective rental. Study your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Where to Search
Several internet resources exist to match clients with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Apart from having exceptional rental properties, local agencies provide you with top-notch service..
When you've identified your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an additional night. Your easiest prospects for a reduced rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your stay.
Congrats on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To assure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Contact the rental manager right away to report your findings. If there is a dispute about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be incredibly helpful.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Often, neighboring residences are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make certain you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Most rental home websites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will thank you for positive critiques. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but honest regarding your experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to rectify the situation.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Does everyone want to return next year? Maybe everything ended up being ideal and you're all set to reserve the rental home for next year. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience to help with the next search.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.2 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.2 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.4 miles
- Island Ragpicker - 0.4 miles