- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- CD Player
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Cooking Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- DVD Player
- Gas Fireplace
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Jetted Tub
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Parking Off Street
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property***We have an ON ISLAND manager for peaceful of mind during your stay***
The BABY DUCK is a impressive 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom home with a sleeping loft, located along our family's private path near Ocracoke's historic lighthouse.
With its 1920's Bungalow Style Architecture, 9 ft ceilings, wood floors, bead board paneling and crystal doorknobs, it is clear that this home is special. Decorated ideally with local photography and antique treasures, this bespoke constructed home includes an open living and dining area, well supplied kitchen, sundeck, screened porch and gas fireplace. In addition, the hottub bathtub, flat screen TV, DVD player, laundry, outdoor shower, charcoal grille, fish bench and WiFi access give exceptional appreciation during your stay.
The first floor has a calming queen master bedroom with a private attached bathroom. The sunny queen guest bedroom has an effortlessly accessible bathroom just around the corner. The upstairs loft is the answer to a kid's imagination, offering twin beds, a sitting area complete with a second TV, DVD player and the ideal view for spying a pirate ship gliding across the Pamilico Sound. This home is ideal for a passionate hideaway, two couples or a family. The screened porch and decks accept for vistas of the garden and marsh, peaceful time in a rocking chair or a nap on the daybed while you relish the afternoon wind.
The BABY DUCK is handily located on the island within painless walking distance to the Ocracoke Lighthouse and Springers Point nature preserve. It is mins. away by foot or by bicycle to Silver Lake Harbor, eateries and shopping. All 13 miles of oceanfront on Ocracoke Island are undeveloped — not a building in sight, just miles of tidy, open, white sand beaches. This most handsome beach can be accessed by bicycle or car and has convenient parking, boardwalk and summer lifeguards. With a 4 wheel drive car and proper permit, you can drive on the beach with all of your essentials and find a private spot to call your own.
We appreciate our home and have planned every detail to make your holiday calming and fun. To ensure that the BABY DUCK is always in tip-top shape, a cleaning/damage deposit is included with your rental rate. Come discover this very special place hidden down our secret path, among the ancient live oaks, salt marsh and sea environments. We know you will appreciate it as much as we do!
Our home is a non-smoking home and dogs and cats are not allowed. For your comfort, sheets and towels are available for an additional fee.
Keywords: House, Home, Bungalow, Historic, Beach House
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property managers and vacation rental properties provide Ocracoke area vacation discount guides that feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by local companies, or through a partnership between the property manager and the local vendor itself. These guides provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Desire to stay away from the crowds and save some money? Off-peak times provide sizeable deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for promotions. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a markdown.
- Is there a specific activity that you are mainly getting excited about ? If there's a certain Ocracoke activity which you just love, look for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance together with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are often times shocked at the range and wide selection of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Ocracoke area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and knowledge to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the vacation rental search and reservation process.
How to find and reserve a great rental home:
Do you believe "'Baby Duck' -Make Memories in Our Charming Island Bungalow" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming vacation? Read this guide to ensure it fits your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a popular time for families to plot their Summer family trips..
Decide on a Community and Date
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Ocracoke you would like to browse, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you book.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Pay?
Will the chosen vacation property suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking a costly rental. In most cases, a single person in the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and getting each family member's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your group trying to find? Is a screened deck a necessity? Will the unit need to be beach front, in town, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental charge? Build a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Do people in your group have specialized needs? Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Dog Deserves a Holiday, Too
Remember to include your best friend! Pets are welcome at a number of rentals, but guidelines differ. Many limitations may dismiss a potential rental home. Study your contract thoroughly! Charges may apply when animals are added.
Its Time to Search
Several websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local companies frequently have an exclusive selection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the home has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company may know of similar homes that fit your preferences and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Entire Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal fee, guests will have to pay state taxes when renting "'Baby Duck' -Make Memories in Our Charming Island Bungalow", in addition to various other additional fees which might be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any problems when you arrive. If you find property damage, or if fixes are required get in touch with the rental manager right away. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be valuable.
- You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Local people are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction.
- Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a little bit. Although you're paying a cleaning fee, The rental home needs to be in good shape. Sinks brimming with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be dealt with before leaving.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Virtually all vacation rental web sites request feedback after your stay . Owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but genuine about your experience. Top owners and managers will work very hard to solve the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Does everyone want to re-book next year? With some luck everything ended up being ideal and you're ready to re-book the rental home for next year. If not, you have gained useful rental search experience to aid with your next search.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.2 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.2 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles