Nothing beats an ice-cold beverage while relaxing on the beach. Nothing is worse than reaching for an icy drink and finding your cans swimming. Coolers are essential for family days on the sand. A good modern cooler will keep food and drinks fresh for days. In addition to beverages, fishermen rely coolers to keep bait fresh, and hopefully the catch of the day. Walk onto any beach or pier in North or South Carolina and you’ll see a plethora of cooler models and sizes. Cooler technology has advanced rapidly in modern years. Top-end hard-sided coolers can keep ice frozen for a week. Soft coolers are easier for one person to carry onto a beach, but can still keep food cool for days. Cooler materials and price points vary wildly, so we put together this guide with our recommendations for your coastal vacation.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyFrom the front porch, this lower level two bedroom suite offers ridiculous vistas of Silver Lake harbor located directly across the street. Watch the harbor activities from your Adirondack chair. Corrine's is handily located, a brief walking distance to local eateries and stores.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Master Bedroom with Queen, bedroom with Queen. Sleeper couch in living area.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. The kitchen includes a gas stove and microwave. Telephone with domestic long distance service.
The exterior offers a screened porch with swing. Corrine's Downstairs shares a picnic table, charcoal grille and Washer/Dryer. Laundry room is attached to building.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Chummy. Limit of 3 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story duplex: Open floor plan with eat-in kitchen and living area, TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with Queen Bed and Master Bath with shower. Bedroom with Queen Bed. Main bathroom with tub/shower.
Ground Level: Shared Laundry attached to exterior.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property managers and vacation rental properties provide Ocracoke area travel discount guides that feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or through a partnership between the management company and the store itself. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you might vacation? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top fees.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies offer discount rates to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular groups of vacationers. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are situated close to night life. If there's a particular Ocracoke activity which you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed a result of medical related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or extra gasoline.
General Vacation Rental Information
Many people are surprised to discover just how many vacation rentals are available in Ocracoke. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are critical in helping guests with reserving, check-in, house cleaning, as well as routine maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rentals, however most beginners will be delighted to realize that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
How to find and book a great rental home:
Do you think "Corrine's Downstairs: Suite with great views of Silver Lake Harbor." is the perfect rental for your upcoming family vacation? Read through this guide to make sure it fits your needs.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke rental properties are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. For the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months before your vacation. Many groups choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Begin by determining which particular area of Ocracoke you prefer to visit, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Establish who is going, and how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you should have. Consider that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your group. Generally rental listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stick to a Budget
The majority of rental properties are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your desired week. It may be at the high end of the range. If multiple individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, confirm that each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Usually, just one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each person's contribution.
Rental Home Amenities
What property features is your family interested in? Do you simply want a home with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys available as part of your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Commonly the older generation has trouble with stairways. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Nearly all vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Don't forget to include your best friend! Although quite a few rentals allow dogs and cats, rules and charges fluctuate per property. A number of constraints may dismiss a potential rental. Be sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Where to Search
After the location, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Apart from having exclusive properties, local agencies offer you outstanding service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of similar properties that fit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Total Agreement
Read through the whole contract and be certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal rate, travelers have to pay state taxes when renting "Corrine's Downstairs: Suite with great views of Silver Lake Harbor.", as well as various other additional fees which might be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you relief should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
After you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your stay.
Good luck on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage right after you arrive. Contact the rental manager immediately to report your findings.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep each room in the house for forgotten possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Most rental home websites ask for reviews after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point in your critique.
Use Your Experience
Does everybody want to re-book next year? Hopefully everything turned out to be fantastic and you're excited to reserve the same rental for next season. Otherwise, you've gained valuable rental search experience to aid with the next search.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles