The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPirates Quay 2 North is alluring newly modernized and renovated condo includes agreeable décor in a inviting waterfront location overlooking Silver Lake Harbor.
Pirate's Quay (pronounced 'key') is a six unit condominium with amazing vistas of Silver Lake Harbor. Centrally located, you will be a brief walk or bicycle ride to many village stores and eateries.
Pirate's Quay is the ideal harbor front hideaway for a family holiday or couples hideaway. Unwind on the covered outdoor space and adore the sea winds while you watch kayakers, boaters and occasional ferries arrive and depart Ocracoke Island. Pirate's Quay offers a front row seat to nightly displays of color as the sun sets slowly over Pamlico Sound. Pirate's Quay is a true holiday away.
Appreciate a big, open floor plan, convenient single level living and generous windows overlooking Silver Lake Harbor.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Queen bed in each bedroom. Sleeper Couch in the living room. One bath has a whirlpool tub with shower and one with a shower stall.
Conveniences include air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access and 2 flat screen cable TVs, 1 DVD, 1 Blu-ray DVD. Whirlpool tub. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. Interim maid service and shared laundry facility.
This condo has a outdoor space that overlooks Silver Lake Harbor and offers harbor and sunset vistas.
* Free deep water docking is available with each unit. Relish sunsets from the cavernous gazebo at the end of the dock even if you aren't bringing a boat it is still a great place to relax and watch the world go by. One boat per unit please. Fish cleaning bench and water service.
* Dock will be reconstructed for 2020 season. Completion is expected to be by Spring. Electricity will not be available on the dock.
Shared amenities include *covered and outdoor parking and a shared park style charcoal grille and outdoor shower.
No Smoking Permitted in the building (including decks and stairwells). No Family Animals Accepted.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story condo: Open Kitchen, Dining and Living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with Queen bed, TV/DVD/VCR, and Master Bath with whirlpool tub/shower plus an attached Full Bath with shower stall which is also accessed via the living area. Bedroom with Queen bed.
Pirate’s Quay offers four covered parking spaces which are available on a first come, first serve basis. Additional parking is available across the street. To accept parking for all of our visitors we suggest one car per condo unit. Boat trailers should be parked off-site. Trailer parking is available via a complimentary permit at the National Park Service lot.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus offer guide books with savings for vacation rentals, restaurants and attractions. Keep an eye out for these guides and coupon books, because this allows vacationers to experience the very same fantastic attractions at a generally significantly discounted.
- Want to stay away from packed areas and save cash? Shoulder seasons feature impressive offers.
- Plenty of property management companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning travelers to the same rental. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are practically catered to specific travelers, whether it is oceanside rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own boat launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the activities and interesting attractions you are most interested in.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides guests reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from health related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Home Advice
Many people are surprised to discover how many vacation homes are offered in Ocracoke. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Owners frequently choose management companies to assist with online advertising, housekeeping services and maintenance tasks.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many novices will be happy to find that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you know where they should look.
Searching for and booking the best rental property:
Before you start to book "Pirate's Quay 2 North: Enjoy watching the ferries in Silver Lake Harbor", go through our brief collection of things to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many trendy destinations, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked very early. To guarantee the greatest selection of vacation rentals, we advise searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for groups to plot their Summer trips..
Choose your Area and Vacation Week
Agreement can be tough among relatives, but as soon as this difficult part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Just How Many Beds?
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Remember that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the company. Generally rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Make sure "Pirate's Quay 2 North: Enjoy watching the ferries in Silver Lake Harbor" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If several individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, ensure each group understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. One individual in your party needs to be responsible for gathering payments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your group searching for? Is a screened deck a necessity? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys available during your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your party to help narrow your search to the perfect rental.
Commonly the elder generation has trouble with staircases. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Take the Dog
Make sure you include your furry family members. While many rental homes allow dogs, guidelines and fees fluctuate per property. Many limitations might dismiss a prospective rental. Make sure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
As soon as the area, time and family members are decided, search multiple resources to get the best vacation home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental home management companies take pride in a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation rental has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the rental management company may know of similar homes that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal rate, visitors will have to pay local taxes when booking "Pirate's Quay 2 North: Enjoy watching the ferries in Silver Lake Harbor", as well as any other additional fees that may be mandatory depending on their situation, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you need to Cancel
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before booking. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
After you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Make sure to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest saving the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any damage right after you arrive. If you find damages, or if fixes are required get in touch with the property manager right away. This will prevent conflicts during check out.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Often, neighboring properties are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many rental home sites seek reviews after your stay . Property owners and property managers will appreciate your favorable critiques. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you should note that in your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Does everyone want to re-book next year? If everything was fantastic, next year's trip planning will be simple. Otherwise, you have gained valuable experience to help with another search.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles