The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPirates Quay 2 North is handsome freshly renovated and refreshed condo includes nice décor in a calming waterfront location overlooking Silver Lake Harbor.
Pirate's Quay (pronounced 'key') is a six unit condominium with exceptional vistas of Silver Lake Harbor. Centrally located, you will be a brief walk or bicycle ride to many village stores and eateries.
Pirate's Quay is the ideal harbor front hideaway for a family holiday or couples hideaway. Unwind on the covered outdoor space and savor the sea winds while you watch kayakers, boaters and occasional ferries arrive and depart Ocracoke Island. Pirate's Quay offers a front row seat to nightly displays of color as the sun sets slowly over Pamlico Sound. Pirate's Quay is a true holiday away.
Appreciate a enormous, open floor plan, convenient single level living and generous windows overlooking Silver Lake Harbor.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Queen bed in each bedroom. Sleeper Couch in the living room. One bath has a whirlpool tub with shower and one with a shower stall.
Conveniences include air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access and 2 flat screen cable TVs, 1 DVD, 1 Blu-ray DVD. Whirlpool tub. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. Shared laundry.
This condo has a outdoor space that overlooks Silver Lake Harbor and offers harbor and sunset vistas.
* Free deep water docking is available with each unit. Adore sunsets from the huge gazebo at the end of the dock even if you aren't bringing a boat it is still a great place to relax and watch the world go by. One boat per unit please. Water service is coming soon. No electricity available on the dock.
Shared niceties include *covered and outdoor parking and a shared park style charcoal grille and outdoor shower.
No Smoking Permitted in the building (including decks and stairwells). No Animals Accepted.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story condo: Open Kitchen, Dining and Living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with Queen bed, TV/DVD/VCR, and Master Bath with whirlpool tub/shower plus an attached Full Bath with shower stall which is also accessed via the living area. Bedroom with Queen bed.
Pirate’s Quay offers four covered parking spaces which are available on a first come, first serve basis. Additional parking is available across the street. To accept parking for all of our visitors we suggest one car per condo unit. Boat trailers should be parked off-site. Trailer parking is available via a complimentary permit at the National Park Service lot.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property owners and vacation rental homes provide Ocracoke area promotional guides which feature deals, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the management company and the local store itself. Look for these guides and promotional books, as this allows vacation goers to discover the same terrific activities with a generally considerable discounted.
- Could you adjust your trip dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top pricing.
- Several property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning vacationers of the same rental. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a special offer.
- Is there a particular experience you are most longing for ? If there's a certain Ocracoke activity you simply love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider getting trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed resulting from medical related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are surprised to learn how many vacation homes are located in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, systems and knowledge to provide painless operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be delighted to realize that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you know where they should search.
How to find and book the perfect rental home:
Do you think "Pirate's Quay 2 North: Enjoy watching the ferries in Silver Lake Harbor" is the best rental home for your upcoming vacation? Browse through this check list to confirm it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Holiday reunions are a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer escapes..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Sometimes, the toughest part of organizing your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be simpler.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the company. Generally vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Establish Your Budget
Make sure "Pirate's Quay 2 North: Enjoy watching the ferries in Silver Lake Harbor" satisfies your price range *during your desired week*. If many groups or families are sharing the cost, check that everyone knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. A single member of your party will have to be in charge of gathering contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the complete rental price at time of booking.
Rental Home Amenities
What property features is your family searching for? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental with outdoor dining area? Would you like to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are bed linens included with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Special Factors to consider
Adequate access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. Almost all rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the crew traveling with a family pet? Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Make sure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you book!
Searching the Internet
After the location, time and people are decided, search multiple sources to find the best vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a top-quality vacation experience.
When you've found your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an extra night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study The Contract
Read through the entire agreement and be sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you need to Cancel
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed due to personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Remember to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your rental! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home right away. We also advise promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation considerably more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind items. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure that no damage occurred in the course of your remain. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Virtually all rental property web sites request reviews after your stay . Owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing ratings. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but sincere regarding your stay. Top property owners and managers will work hard to fix the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did they love their stay? Ideally everything turned out to be exceptional and you are all set to reserve the rental for next year. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience that can help with another search.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles