Nothing beats an ice-cold beverage while relaxing on the beach. Nothing is worse than reaching for an icy drink and finding your cans swimming. Coolers are essential for family days on the sand. A good modern cooler will keep food and drinks fresh for days. In addition to beverages, fishermen rely coolers to keep bait fresh, and hopefully the catch of the day. Walk onto any beach or pier in North or South Carolina and you’ll see a plethora of cooler models and sizes. Cooler technology has advanced rapidly in modern years. Top-end hard-sided coolers can keep ice frozen for a week. Soft coolers are easier for one person to carry onto a beach, but can still keep food cool for days. Cooler materials and price points vary wildly, so we put together this guide with our recommendations for your coastal vacation.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyNow With Pool Access!!!!!
Located in the heart of the village this two bedroom, third floor unit is within walking distance of the harbor, stores and eateries. Each bedroom is a master bedroom with it's own master bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower.
You are going to definitely appreciate staying at this professionally-managed, holiday rental unit. It is the ideal fit for anyone looking to stay at this destination, and we know you are going to have a great time. Let us know if there is anything more we can do. Please be sure to leave a review!
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
Mar 19 2020 - Apr 17 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Apr 18 2020 - May 22 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
May 23 2020 - May 29 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
May 30 2020 - Jun 05 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Jun 06 2020 - Aug 07 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Aug 08 2020 - Aug 14 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Aug 15 2020 - Aug 28 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Aug 29 2020 - Oct 16 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Oct 17 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Jan 01 2021 - Dec 31 2021 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many official tourism bureaus will offer you promotional guides with special offers for rental properties, restaurants and tours. Look for these publications and coupon books, as this allows vacationers to discover those great activities at a substantial discounted.
- Want to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-peak times provide sizable bargains.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for special discounts. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some rental properties are essentially designed to serve specific clients, whether it is beachfront homes with pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and landmarks you are most interested in.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners commonly offer their clients the opportunity to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be surprised to learn how many properties are available at your destination. With such a big selection, clients are certain to locate a property which fits their desires and spending plan.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they manage the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however most beginners will be delighted to discover that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
How to find and book the perfect vacation home:
Do you think "A Salty Escape-Walking distance from harbor, shops and more" is the best rental property for your upcoming getaway? Look over this check list to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Frequently
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking early. To ensure the most desirable choice of vacation homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. A lot of groups prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Select your Area and Travel Week
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Ocracoke you want to browse, and the approximate travel dates.
Select a Size
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Try to remember that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. If not, email or call the property owner before you book.
Stick to a Budget
Does the preferred vacation property suit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to booking a costly rental home. In most cases, one member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and getting each party's share.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the group looking for? Do you simply desire a property with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental home charge? Make a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Special Issues to consider
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condominium on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, include that into your search. Nearly all rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other people in the gang traveling with a pet dog? Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Type of pet, size and dog breeds may be restricted. You'll want to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Several websites exist to match visitors with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Apart from offering exclusive properties, local companies offer you top-notch service..
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation rental has everything required. If lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of comparable homes that fit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Entire Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Property management companies and property owners typically offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides reassurance should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your trip.
Good job on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. Call the property manager right away to report your findings. If there is a dispute about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts could be very helpful.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, condo access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Local people will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a bit. Even when you're spending money on a cleaning fee, The vacation rental needs to be in good condition. Sinks brimming with pots and pans, excessive sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be taken care of before you leave.
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to verify no damage occurred during your remain. When possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Virtually all rental sites request feedback after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but sincere with regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to rectify the situation.
Learn and Improve
Did they like the rental? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation home. If the rental was not quite right, and you'll better understand how to improve your search next time.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles