The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyEscape to 10 at Lighthouse Villas (CR50) is centrally located in Ocracoke Village. Featuring an open floor plan with living, dining and kitchen. Master Bath with whirlpool garden tub and separate shower. Two covered decks.
This condo has a Queen Bed and a Queen Pull-out Couch.
Escape to 10 at Lighthouse Villas offers the ideal place for an hideaway from reality. Ocracoke Island offers water sports, sightseeing and beach walks. Explore the village by bicycle, rent a golf cart, appreciate great eateries, stores and galleries.
Conveniences include: central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs and 1 DVD player. Whirlpool tub. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Stack Washer/Dryer.
*This home does not give linens.
At this time, confirmation of the 2020 availability of the Pool at the Lighthouse Villas is not available. Further updates will be posted on our website.
Shared picnic tables and park style charcoal grilles.
No smoking. No family dogs and cats. No Telephone. Limit of 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open floor plan with eat-in kitchen. Living area with Queen Sleeper Couch, TV and DVD. Laundry closet.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with Queen bed, TV and full bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower stall.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you printed guides with special deals for rental homes, restaurants and attractions. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Desire to stay away from crowds and save cash? Shoulder seasons offer impressive discounts.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or returning travelers to the same rental. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially designed to serve particular customers, whether it's oceanside units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and interesting attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual home owners typically offer guests the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides guests reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed due to personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are often times surprised at the number and wide range of short term properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to locate a vacation home which fits their wishes and spending plan.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and practical experience to provide easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
Here are some tips and methods to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Where to find and reserve the best vacation rental:
Do you think "Escape to 10 at Lighthouse Villas: One Bedroom Condo Centrally Located in Ocracoke Village." is the best rental property for your next family vacation? Read through this check list to make sure it fits your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for family groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Agreement can be complicated between loved ones, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Remember that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Generally vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stay on a Budget
Make certain "Escape to 10 at Lighthouse Villas: One Bedroom Condo Centrally Located in Ocracoke Village." works with your price range *during your desired week*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from company before booking a costly rental home. Usually, just one person in the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and recovering each person's share.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group searching for? Do you simply desire a vacation home with a swimming pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Will the rental have bicycles and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Adequate accessibility can make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the crew visiting with a family dog? Animals are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and breeds might be restricted. Read your agreement carefully! Additional charges may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Searching the Internet
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies proudly offer an exceptional vacation experience.
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. This is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Study the Total Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental price, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Be sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To assure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any necessary repairs. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts could be valuable.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Contact your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Please be considerate of the community. Often, neighboring households are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Tidy up a bit. Although you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The rental home should really be in good shape. Kitchen sinks filled with pots and pans, excessive beach sand on the floors and sticky messes ought to be remedied prior to leaving.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damages. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Virtually all rental sites request feedback after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If something was disagreeable and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your critique.
How did they feel about the rental home? Ideally everything ended up being wonderful and you are ready to re-book the property for your next vacation. If the property wasn't ideal, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles