Seasoned visitors to Ocracoke Island love to soak in its rich heritage and culture which dates back to the 1500s, and features some legendary and longstanding residents. Some of the most popular Ocracoke locals are the Wild Ponies, which are protected in a secluded 180 acre area enclosure on the soundside of the Cape Hatteras National Seashore, but can still be enjoyed by anyone passing through the island on NC Highway 12.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyMary’s Villa at Lighthouse Villas is comfortably located in the center of Ocracoke Village. This one bedroom Villa offers convenient first floor entry. Located within walking distance to all eateries, stores and entertainment in Ocracoke Village. Unwind on one of the two decks and watch the sun set.
This two story Villa includes a enormous second floor Master Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV, and private outdoor space. The Master Bathroom includes both a whirlpool tub and separate shower. A Double Size Sleeper Couch is located in the first floor living area.
Conveniences include: central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, internet access, 2 cable TVs and a DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Stack Washer/Dryer.
*This home does not give linens.
At this time, confirmation of the 2020 availability of the Pool at the Lighthouse Villas is not available. Further updates will be posted on our website.
Shared picnic tables and park style charcoal grilles.
No Smoking. Pet Chummy - Dogs Only. Limit of 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open floor plan with eat-in kitchen. Living area with Double Sleeper Couch and TV. Laundry closet.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with TV and full bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower stall.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send you promotional travel guide books with deals for rental properties, dining and activities. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you might travel? The off-peak seasons frequently offer phenomenal rates on weekly rental accommodations.
- Many management companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran members of the US Military, or repeat vacation goers of the same rental home. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your travelling group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some rental properties are basically designed to serve particular customers, whether it is oceanside rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners often offer their customers the chance to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, provides guests reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental Home Information
Some people are surprised to learn how many rental properties are offered in their area of interest. With such a big selection, clients are certain to find a rental which fits their desires and spending plan.
Virtually all rental properties in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and experience to provide effortless operational administration on behalf of the owner..
We've assembled a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
How to find and book the perfect vacation home:
Do you believe "Mary's Villa: Dog friendly, walking distance to restaurants and shops" is the best rental for your next trip? Read this check list to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rental properties are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the very best choice of vacation homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental home 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Many visitors decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Start by deciding which specific area of Ocracoke you prefer to visit, and the choose trip dates.
Pick a Size
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Keep in mind that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Most vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stick to a Budget
Confirm that "Mary's Villa: Dog friendly, walking distance to restaurants and shops" satisfies your budget *during your desired dates*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before booking a pricey vacation property. One individual in your party will have to be responsible for getting contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental price at time of reservation.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your group looking for? Do you simply want a vacation home with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are bedsheets offered with the rental agreement, or will you need to bring your own? Create a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Do people in your group have specialized needs? Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure you include your best friend! Animals are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies differ. Type of animal, size and breeds might be controlled. Make certain to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
A number of websites exist to match vacationers with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local agencies will often have an exclusive assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make sure the rental home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the rental management company may know of similar homes that suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read The Contract
You will want to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Rental home management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you reassurance should disaster strike.
Once you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. Remember that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Don't forget to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear when you arrive. We also suggest immediately calling the rental manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any needed fixes. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be useful.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Often, surrounding households are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a visit substantially more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check each room of the rental property to ensure you've collected all possessions.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Virtually all rental home websites seek testimonials after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If anything went wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the property wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point in your review.
Learn from your Experience
Did everyone have a great time? Hopefully this guide helped you find a great rental home. If not, you have acquired invaluable rental search experience that can help with the next search.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles