The Hatteras / Ocracoke ferry is one of the most popular of the seven coastal ferry routes that are orchestrated and managed by the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT.) Open for everyone, with daily runs that occur 365 days a year, the short 40-45 minute island-hopping ferry provides an integral link for Ocracoke Island to the rest of the Outer Banks, and provides visitors of all seasons with an exciting way to enjoy a coastal day trip. For a little bit of completely free entertainment, hop aboard via car, truck, bike or even just on foot, and discover a scenic boat ride that's just as thrilling as discovering the island of Ocracoke itself.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Deck / Patio
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyVilla Maria is comfortably located in the heart of the Village just two blocks from the Ocracoke Lighthouse and within walking distance to all eateries, stores, and entertainment. Unwind on its third floor private outdoor space.
One Master Bedroom with King Bed includes a full bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. The second Master Bedroom includes a Queen Bed and full bath with garden tub and separate shower. In addition, there is a Queen size Sleeper Couch in the living area.
Beach decor' welcomes you to enormous, sun-lit rooms. The enormous living area with cathedral ceiling offers a 42 inch cable TV with surround sound. 1 standard DVD and 2 Blu-ray DVD players. Additional luxuries also include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans and wireless internet access. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Stack washer/dryer.
*This home does not give linens.
What's New for 2020: At this time, confirmation of the offering of a Pool at the Lighthouse Villas for the 2020 season is not available. Further updates will be posted on our website.
No Smoking. No Telephone. No Pool Available. min. 2 Vehicles.
No Family Animals or Service Animals of any kind are allowed in this home. For information please visit our Guest Information “Vacationing with a Pet” on our website.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Third story single floor condo: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Queen size Sleeper Couch in the living area. Master Bedroom with King bed, TV and bathroom with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Second Master Bedroom with Queen bed, TV and bathroom with garden tub and separate shower. Laundry closet with stackable washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send travel guides with deals for vacation rentals, dining and attractions. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you might travel? Shoulder seasons provide fantastic opportunities.
- Many rental companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran members of the Armed forces, or returning vacation goers to the same property. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a certain activity you are mainly anticipating during your stay? You will definitely get the most value from a rental which most closely satisfies your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Rental companies and individual home owners frequently offer their clients the chance to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed a result of personal medical emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are often times shocked at the number and wide selection of short-term properties available in the Ocracoke area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with owners mainly because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Below are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Do you think "Villa Maria: Condo in the heart of Ocracoke Village, near lighthouse" is the best rental home for your upcoming trip? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke vacation homes book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the most desirable choice of vacation homes, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke vacation home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for families to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Consensus can be tough among members of the family, but as soon as this difficult part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
How many family members are joining your vacation? Try to remember that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your party. Most rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Make sure "Villa Maria: Condo in the heart of Ocracoke Village, near lighthouse" fits your price range *during your desired week*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to reserving an expensive vacation property. A single individual in your group will need to be given the task of getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of reservation.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Necessities"
What amenities is the group interested in? Are you looking for a rental with outdoor kitchen? Does the unit need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or near night life? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home charge? Create a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Optimal access could make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your best friend! Although many vacation homes allow furry friends, guidelines and fees vary per property. Type of animal, size and breeds might be controlled. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Extra charges may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match visitors with rental owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a top-quality vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read the Entire Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides peace of mind should disaster strike.
When you think you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Get Contact Info
Make sure you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are attributed to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the rental. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be valuable.
- You might need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many complications.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and cabinets.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many property management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to offer reviews. If your rental home and/or property manager was top notch, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything was disagreeable and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point in your review.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. How did they like the vacation rental? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation rental. If the property was not perfect, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.0 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles