It might seem tricky to fit in all the attractions, historical sites, and fun activities off the beach into an Outer Banks vacation, and still have plenty of time left over to just lounge on the sand. That said, there are a number of attractions up and down the North Carolina coastline that any new visitor would be remiss to miss.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyRelish this Ocracoke Island sound front condo with expansive vistas of colorful sunsets and Portsmouth Island off in the distance. Walking distance to stores and eateries. This sound front location offers painless access for kayaking.
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: 1 with King, 1 Queen, 1 with two Doubles.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs and DVD player. Gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). Whirlpool tub. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
Giant outdoor space with charcoal grille. Covered parking.
What's New for 2020: At this time, the pier is not expected to be available before June 2020. Website will be modernized when a more definitive date is available.
A pier with shallow water access is great for fishing, crabbing, kayaking and swimming.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Covered parking supplied in the garage, on one side, for 2 cars, one behind the other.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Half Bath. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed, TV, and Master Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Bedroom with Queen bed, TV. Bedroom with two Double beds, TV. Hallway Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send you promotional guide books with special deals for accommodations, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Is it possible to change your vacation week? Shoulder seasons special offer amazing opportunities.
- Are you a military veteran? A number of property management companies offer discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a reduction.
- Some properties are basically catered to particular customers, whether it's beachfront rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. You'll get the best value from a home which most thoroughly suits your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Consider getting trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental costs for any missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gas.
General Vacation Rental Advice
Many people are surprised to learn just how many properties can be found in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all rental homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Owners typically choose management companies to assist with advertising campaigns, house cleaning and regular maintenance.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental homes, however most novices will be delighted to know that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to search.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental:
Before you decide to book "Almost Heaven: Colorful sunsets and views of Portsmouth Island.", examine our short checklist of points to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many renowned destinations, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental..
Pick your Area and Travel Week
Consensus can often be tricky among loved ones, but as soon as this complicated part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
How Much Rental Do You Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Most rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Decide on Your Budget
Does the chosen rental property fit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before booking a pricey vacation property. Most of the time, one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's contribution.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What property features is your family interested in? Are you looking for a rental property with patio kitchen? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental charge? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Optimal accessibility could make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. Most vacation rental postings include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Deserves a Holiday, Too
Are you or other people in the gang visiting with a family pet? Even though many rental homes permit animals, guidelines and charges vary per rental. Type of pet, size and breeds can be restricted. Read your contract thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Best places to Search
When the place, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local companies will often have an exclusive collection of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. This is more effective during the off-peak season when many rentals sit empty.
Read the Entire Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your price includes all state taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the property owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also recommend promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any critical repairs. This may prevent conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call prevents many head aches.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Locals will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best spots for shopping?
- Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Virtually all rental home sites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for glowing ratings. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but completely honest with regards to your stay. The best owners and managers will try very hard to fix the situation.
Use Your Experience
Did they love their stay? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific rental home. If not, you have acquired useful experience to help with the next search.
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles