It might seem tricky to fit in all the attractions, historical sites, and fun activities off the beach into an Outer Banks vacation, and still have plenty of time left over to just lounge on the sand. That said, there are a number of attractions up and down the North Carolina coastline that any new visitor would be remiss to miss.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySensational Ocracoke Island condominium directly on the Pamlico Sound. Sit on your private outdoor space and relish the majestic sunsets and distant view of Portsmouth Island. Ideally located for outdoor recreational activities. Painless access for kayaks and within walking distance of stores and eateries. Modern, charmingly adorned and well appointed. This two story upper level 2 bedroom, soundfront condominium invites you to Escape, Unwind, and Appreciate!
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with King, Loft with Double. Two whirlpool tubs.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, and 2 cable TVs. Gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a huge outdoor space. Covered parking is supplied in the garage.
What's New for 2020: At this time, the pier is not expected to be available before June 2020. Website will be modernized when a more definitive date is available.
A pier with shallow water access is great for fishing, crabbing, kayaking and swimming.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit 2 Vehicles.
No Partial Week Stays.
Located on the third and fourth floor of the Horizons Condos
Level one: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Bedroom with King bed, TV. Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Laundry Closet
Level Two: Master Bedroom with King bed and Master Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Loft Sleeping Area with Double bed.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you printed travel guide books with special packages for lodging, dining and activities. These guides may provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you willing to alter your dates? Shoulder seasons special offer impressive offers.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for discount rates. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially designed to serve particular visitors, whether it's oceanside rentals with pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private boat launching areas. If there's a certain Ocracoke activity that you love, search for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners typically offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base term price, provides visitors reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to learn how many rental properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an suitable retreat to fit their Ocracoke gang, from quiet condos to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however most beginners will be happy to realize that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should search.
Searching for and booking the best rental property:
Before you book "Seafarer: Beautiful condo with majestic sunset views.", review our short list of issues to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many popular destinations, In Ocracoke the best rentals are booked very early. To guarantee the very best choice of properties, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke rental home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home..
Select a Town and Date
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of scheduling your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, everything else will be easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your trip? Remember that that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is suitable for your family. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Make certain "Seafarer: Beautiful condo with majestic sunset views." suits your budget *during your desired dates*. If a few individuals or families are sharing the cost, be certain that each group knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is the group interested in? Do you want a rental home with patio lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Will the unit have bikes and beach toys available as part of your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your companion! Although quite a few rentals permit household pets, guidelines and costs fluctuate per property. Type of animal, size and breeds might be controlled. Make certain you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when pets are added.
Searching the Internet
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in a top-quality vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've found your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-season when many homes sit vacant.
Study The Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard fee, travelers have to pay local taxes when booking "Seafarer: Beautiful condo with majestic sunset views.", along with various other additional fees which may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a dog charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental home price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Make sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are needed contact the home manager straight away. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will probably be incredibly helpful.
- You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or hot tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every space of the rental property to make certain you've gathered all personal belongings.
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to make sure no damage occurred during your stay. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental? Most rental home management companies and rental search sites permit customers to offer comments. If the rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but honest with regards to your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work hard to fix the situation.
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Did everybody have a blast? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation home. Maybe the rental was not perfect, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next trip.
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles