Forget Hawaii and California - on the East Coast, the best place for surf is on the Outer Banks, and this region is renowned as one of the best surfing destinations from New York to Florida. Surfers from all over the country and the world flock to the Outer Banks for the annual ESA tournament, or just after a storm swell, to paddle out to the Atlantic and enjoy some of the best waves on the coast.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWaterside is a charming Ocracoke Island condominium located directly on the Pamlico Sound. Unwind on your huge private outdoor space and appreciate the majestic sunsets and distant view of Portsmouth Island and Ocracoke Inlet. Ideally located for outdoor recreational activities. Smooth access for kayaks and within walking distance of stores and eateries. This condo is attractively adorned and well appointed. Escape, relax, and relish!
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: 1 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with two Doubles. Enormous whirlpool tub.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, and 3 cable TVs - 2 with constructed in DVD players. Gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). Whirlpool tub. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. The kitchen offers a breakfast bar with seating for five. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a big outdoor space. Covered parking is included in the garage.
What's New for 2020: May 28, 2020 - At this time, pier damage from Hurricane Dorian has not been repaired. Website will be renovated when information is available.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit 2 Vehicles.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Half Bath. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD, and Master Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with two Double beds, TV. Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many established tourism bureaus will offer you travel guide books with special packages for accommodations, restaurants and attractions. These guides may provide a great start to your rental search.
- Desire to steer clear of the crowds of people and cut costs? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high costs.
- Plenty of rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or repeat travelers to the same rental home. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a reduction.
- Some homes are particularly designed for particular groups of travellers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to music venues. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of health related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are surprised to learn how many rental homes are located in Ocracoke. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental homes, however many beginners will be happy to realize that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental home:
Do you think "Waterside: Soundfront condo with spectacular sunsets." is the perfect rental home for your next vacation? Browse through this check list to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke rentals start booking early. For the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months prior to your trip. Many families choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Choose a Community and Time
Agreement can be tough between family, but the moment this complicated part is complete everything will quickly drop in place.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
How many family members are joining your vacation? Keep in mind that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Most vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Most rental homes are presented with a cost range. Confirm the rate for your chosen trip. It might be at the high end of the range. If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure everybody knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. A single individual in your family needs to be in charge of gathering payments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What home features is the group searching for? Do you only want a rental with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Would you like to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys available for use during your stay? Create a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Do individual members of your group have specific needs? Make sure to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the gang visiting with a four-legged friend? While quite a few rental homes permit furry friends, guidelines and charges fluctuate per property. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Be sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Searching the Internet
When the place, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local property management companies. Aside from offering exceptional rental properties, local companies provide exceptional service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation rental has everything required. If it is lacking, the rental management company may know of similar properties that suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an extra night. Your easiest prospects for a lower rate is changing to an off-season week.
Read the Total Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation rental management companies and individual property owners typically offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal hospital emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. Contact the property manager right away to report your observations. This may prevent conflicts during check out.
- You could need instructions for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Contact your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation much more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Make certain you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to make sure no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Virtually all rental property web sites seek testimonials after your stay . Owners and rental managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but sincere with regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will work very hard to rectify the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Does everyone want to re-book next year? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning will be easy. If the rental was not quite right, and you will better understand how to improve your search for the next vacation.
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles