The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPirates Quay 3 South is a handsome newly refreshed and referbished condo includes agreeable décor in a calming waterfront location overlooking Silver Lake Harbor.
Located on Silver Lake Harbor, Pirate's Quay (pronounced 'key') is a 6 unit condominium with amazing Harbor vistas from every unit! Centrally located and a brief walk to many stores and eateries, Pirate's Quay is the ideal getaway. Unwind and watch the boats and ferries enter and leave the Harbor as the sun sinks slowly into the Pamlico Sound. Pirate's Quay is a true holiday away from it all.
Relish this sizable two story condominium including a generous second floor master suite with whirlpool tub and separate shower. The first floor includes an additional two bedrooms, full bath and the trendy open floor plan with generous windows overlooking Silver Lake Harbor.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: This chic three bedroom condo offers a 1 bedroom suite with a King sized bed, private bath and modest loft overlooking the first floor. The first floor offers 1 bedroom with a Queen sized bed and 1 bedroom with a Trundle bed - this pulls out to be 2 twins. 2 Full Baths.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. Whirlpool tub. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. Interim maid service and shared laundry facility.
This condo has a modest outdoor space that overlooks Silver Lake Harbor and offers harbor and sunset vistas.
* Free deep water docking is available with each unit. Savor sunsets from the cavernous gazebo at the end of the dock even if you aren't bringing a boat it is still a great place to relax and watch the world go by. One boat per unit please. Fish cleaning bench and water service.
* Dock will be reconstructed for 2020 season. Completion is expected to be by Spring. Electricity will not be available on the dock.
Shared luxuries include *covered and outdoor parking and a shared park style charcoal grille and outdoor shower.
No Smoking Permitted (including decks and stairwells). No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with Trundle (2 Twins). Bath with tub/shower.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD, and Master Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Loft Sitting Area.
Pirate’s Quay offers four covered parking spaces which are available on a first come, first serve basis. Additional parking is available across the street. To accept parking for all of our visitors we suggest one car per condo unit. Boat trailers should be parked off-site. Trailer parking is available via a complimentary permit at the National Park Service lot.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property management companies and rental homes provide Ocracoke area printed travel catalogs which include promotions, either offered independently by merchants, or via a relationship between the management company and the store itself. These guides provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Willing to alter your trip dates? Shoulder seasons special offer amazing prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for discounted rates. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular groups of visitors. Event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to nightlife. If there's a certain Ocracoke activity you simply love, look for properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance along with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed due to medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are shocked to discover the number of rental properties can be found in Ocracoke. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners mainly because they manage the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rentals, however most newcomers will be delighted to know that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
How to find and reserve the best rental home:
Before you start to book "Pirate's Quay 3 South: Incredible harbor views and sunsets. Docking.", examine our short collection of considerations.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. A lot of families choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Settle on your Place and Vacation Week
Begin by picking which particular area of Ocracoke you want to browse, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Remember that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Generally rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Establish Your Budget
Most rental homes are marketed with a cost range. Determine the rate for your chosen stay. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before reserving a costly vacation property. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be in charge of the full reservation.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What property features is your group searching for? Are you looking for a vacation property with outdoor kitchen? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Will the property have bicycles and beach toys available for use during your stay? Gather a list of "necessities and desires" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Occasionally the older generation has challenges with stairs. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the crew traveling with a domestic pet? Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Make certain to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Best places to Search
When the location, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a first-class rental experience.
When you have located your dream rental, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. This is most effective through the off-season when many vacation rentals sit vacant.
Study the Total Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental home price, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When you think you've identified "the one", start the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Get Contact Info
Make sure you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. We also suggest promptly getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any required repairs.
- You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Often, neighboring properties are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay a lot more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Just about all rental home management companies and rental search sites permit travellers to provide reviews. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your praise. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but straightforward in regards to your experience. The best owners and managers will work hard to correct the situation.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did everybody have a good time? If everything was fantastic, next year's vacation planning is going to be simple. If the property wasn't quite right, and you'll better understand how to filter your search for the next trip.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Company - 0.1 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.1 miles
- Island Ragpicker - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Seafood Co. - 0.1 miles