Ocracoke's long history has some interesting highlights, but none of the local legends and legacies are as far-reaching or as popular as the island's local pirates. As the temporary home to a crew of notorious buccaneers, including Blackbeard himself, Ocracoke is the destination of choice for pirate lovers who want to explore the stomping grounds of the island's most notorious residents.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPirates Quay 3 South is a handsome freshly remodeled and refreshed condo includes nice décor in a comfortable waterfront location overlooking Silver Lake Harbor.
Located on Silver Lake Harbor, Pirate's Quay (pronounced 'key') is a 6 unit condominium with impressive Harbor vistas from every unit! Centrally located and a brief walk to many stores and eateries, Pirate's Quay is the ideal getaway. Unwind and watch the boats and ferries enter and leave the Harbor as the sun sinks slowly into the Pamlico Sound. Pirate's Quay is a true holiday away from it all.
Savor this roomy two story condominium including a generous second floor master suite with whirlpool tub and separate shower. The first floor includes an additional two bedrooms, full bath and the trendy open floor plan with generous windows overlooking Silver Lake Harbor.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: This impeccable three bedroom condo offers a 1 bedroom suite with a King sized bed, private bath and modest loft overlooking the first floor. The first floor offers 1 bedroom with a Queen sized bed and 1 bedroom with a Trundle bed - this pulls out to be 2 twins. 2 Full Baths.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. Whirlpool tub. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. Interim maid service and shared laundry facility.
This condo has a modest outdoor space that overlooks Silver Lake Harbor and offers harbor and sunset vistas.
* Free deep water docking is available with each unit. Relish sunsets from the enormous gazebo at the end of the dock even if you aren't bringing a boat it is still a great place to relax and watch the world go by. One boat per unit please. Fish cleaning bench and water service.
* Dock will be reconstructed for 2020 season. Completion is expected to be by Spring. Electricity will not be available on the dock.
Shared luxuries include *covered and outdoor parking and a shared park style charcoal grille and outdoor shower.
No Smoking Permitted (including decks and stairwells). No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with Trundle (2 Twins). Bath with tub/shower.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD, and Master Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Loft Sitting Area.
Pirate’s Quay offers four covered parking spaces which are available on a first come, first serve basis. Additional parking is available across the street. To accept parking for all of our visitors we suggest one car per condo unit. Boat trailers should be parked off-site. Trailer parking is available via a complimentary permit at the National Park Service lot.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most official tourism bureaus supply travel guide books with special offers for rental home management companies, restaurants and attractions. These guides provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Can you alter your trip dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer amazing rates on daily rental properties.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Several rental companies offer unique discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some properties are particularly designed for particular types of vacationers. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to music venues. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Management companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer customers the chance to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed due to health emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas.
General Rental property Information
You may be shocked to uncover how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an optimum retreat to fit their Ocracoke family, from peaceful condominiums to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in helping families with making reservations, checking-in, house cleaning services, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however most newcomers will be happy to find that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you know where to look.
Searching for and booking the best rental:
Do you think "Pirate's Quay 3 South: Incredible harbor views and sunsets. Docking." is the perfect rental property for your upcoming vacation? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many popular vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best rental homes are booked very early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Begin by choosing which particular area of Ocracoke you'd like to visit, and the determine trip dates.
Just How Much Vacation rental Do You Actually Need?
Confirm who is traveling, and how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you should have. Be aware that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for the family. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Decide on Your Budget
Make sure "Pirate's Quay 3 South: Incredible harbor views and sunsets. Docking." fits your price range *during your desired dates*. If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, check that each group understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. In most cases, just one person in the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and recovering each person's share.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What amenities is the family looking for? Is a screened deck a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are linens offered with the rental contract, or will you need to take your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Do some people in your crew have specific needs? Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Do not forget to include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at many vacation homes, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and dog breeds can be limited. Read your agreement carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *well before* you book!
The best places to Search
A number of websites exist to match visitors with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Entire Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before booking. Rental management companies and rental owners typically offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides relief should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Get in touch with the property manager immediately to report your findings. This can prevent disagreements during checkout.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call eliminates many complications.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. Locals will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a stay a lot more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a bit. Even when you're having to pay a house cleaning fee, The vacation rental should be in good shape. Kitchen sinks brimming with pots and pans, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes should really be taken care of before you leave.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites allow customers to give reviews. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Did they enjoy their vacation? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic rental unit. Maybe the property wasn't quite right, and you'll better know how to refine your search for the next time.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Company - 0.1 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.1 miles
- Island Ragpicker - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Seafood Co. - 0.1 miles