If you know where to look, the Outer Banks can be a beachcomber's paradise. With miles of shoreline to explore, hidden beaches that are relatively untouched, and literally piles of shells washing up on the beaches after a storm, shelling on the OBX beaches is simply a matter of timing and area expertise.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySophie's Island Villa at Lighthouse Villas is handily located in the center of Ocracoke Village. This one bedroom end Villa has simple first floor access for fast unloading of all your holiday items. Located within walking distance to all eateries, stores and entertainment in Ocracoke Village. Unwind on one of the two decks and watch the sun set.
This two story Villa includes a enormous second floor Master Bedroom with Queen Bed, flat screen TV, and private outdoor space. The Master Bathroom includes both a whirlpool tub and separate shower. A Queen Size sleeper couch is located in the first floor living area.
Conveniences include: central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 sizable flat screen cable TVs and 2 DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Stack Washer/Dryer.
*This home does not give linens.
At this time, confirmation of the 2020 availability of the Pool at the Lighthouse Villas is not available. Further updates will be posted on our website.
No Smoking. Limit of 2 cars.
No Animals or Service Animals of any kind are allowed in this home. For information please visit our Guest Information “Vacationing with a Pet” on our website.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open floor plan with eat-in kitchen. Living area with Queen Sleeper Couch and TV. Laundry closet.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with TV and full bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower stall.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many management companies and vacation rental properties provide Ocracoke area travel discount guides which include coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or via a partnership between the property management company and the itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to change your trip dates? Shoulder seasons offer amazing promotions.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for unique discounts. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some rental properties are practically catered to specific clients, whether it is soundside rentals with pier passes, city-center homes with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. You will definitely get the best value from a rental which most thoroughly matches your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected motel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an perfect getaway to accommodate their Ocracoke crew, from relaxed condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners often choose management companies to manage promoting and advertising, house cleaning and maintenance tasks.
We have put together a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental property experience.
Where to find and book a great vacation rental:
Before you start to book "Sophie's Island Villa: Condo convenient to restaurants and shops.", go through our brief list of considerations.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your trip. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for groups to plot their Summer escapes..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Agreement can often be challenging between relatives, but once this difficult part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
Choose a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Bear in mind that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Many rentals are advertised with a price range. Determine the cost for your selected stay. It might be at the high end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking a pricey rental home. Generally, just one member of the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Requirements"
What amenities is the group looking for? Are you looking for a rental with outside dining area? Does the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or near restaurants? Will the property have bicycles and body boards available during your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Elderly family members will thank you for not reserving a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation rental postings include a list of amenities.
Don't forget to include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at many rental homes, but guidelines differ. Many limitations may eliminate a potential rental. Study your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Its Time to Search
Many websites exist to match clients with rental home owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Total Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you feel you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Make sure that you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your findings.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. Natives should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a bit. Even though you're paying a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental should really be in good condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dirty dishes, excessive sand on the floor and sticky messes ought to be remedied before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Most rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for customers to offer feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your praise. If something was disagreeable and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your critique.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. Did everybody have a blast? If everything was outstanding, next year's vacation planning will be painless. Otherwise, you've acquired useful experience that will help with the next search.
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.2 miles